The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovescentedthings

Silver Bells, Christmas Smells

Good afternoon - Just checking in again to say that I ended up also melting Mulberry and Mistletoe from CHC in addition to the other scents earlier, and it's actually really good!

Just got back from a little Yankee store excursion. Just got a handful of Christmas tarts. I also had my eye on the new snowman tart melter though. Might have to go back with another coupon and get that one - too cute!

Good afternoon everyone-

Starting my December with-

Crackling Birch-CFTKR

Bendel Bean-Can Do

Heather and Hyacinth-Candledippers(been using this one in the bathroom for a week or so now and its so good-I will have to get another big bag soon)

Cotton Candy Confection-LOL

Have a great evening ahead!

good late afternoon, all. momalana-sending good thought your aunt's way. keep us posted. My mom had it done when she was 73. she is 81 now and still going strong, drives, independent, etc.

melting Carol's Christmas something or other. it's pine and peppermint. I'm on the fence.

and her Amazon Teakwood in the bath-again on the fence.

coconut lavender still going strong in the br.

Tunisianswife~ How'd the Crow Pie do? That's one of my favs from Angie!

Lana~ Healing thoughts to your aunt!

Switched melts to Gathering Thanks from CYS...mmmmmm! I ordered these tarts 2 months ago and wanted them to sit and cure...and now I'm like a kid in a candy store with all "my colorful CYS stash"!!! [smilie=th_E_JUMP16667]

Good early evening. I am melting Busy Bee-Splinters and Rags. This is a great scent, but I have no clue what the notes are. Sending healing thoughts to your Aunt, Lana. I hope everyone is having a good first day of December.

Everyone's scents sound so festive! Jules - great idea w/the advent calender. [smilie=th_FULL_O17] Thanks for reminding me that I have to get mine out. I think I'm in denial that's it's December already. [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Lana - prayers for your Aunt's speedy recovery. [smilie=thzzz003]

Melting CrossCreek's Monster Munch. Deeeelish....absolutely edible! [smilie=th_E_JUMP16667]

Tonight I'm melting Jack Frost and Christmas Eve, both from YC. I'm also burning some Tree scented tealights I got from B&BW last year, and a Frebreze Cranberry Frost candle that I received as a gift recently. The candle is surprising me, it's really quite strong!

Hi gang! We are definitely a gang here, right? [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Sharon, thank you. I'm glad you like the new Scent of the Day thread name. I have no clue where it came from but it jumped into my head all on its own. :shock:

Jules, what a creative idea for your advent calendar. Love it! [smilie=th_bounce]

Lana, keep us posted about your aunt. She's in my thoughts and prayers for an uneventful surgery and swift recovery.

Jason, ten years since the Y2K scare, eh? Looking back, it's pretty darned funny. All that hoop-la over a non-event. [smilie=th_insane]

I'm melting Can-Do's Debbie's Peppermint Twist. Soooo good if you like mint, and I definitely do! [smilie=th_shewiggle] I need a little mint zing to keep me perky this afternoon. The dawg and I are just plain ol' worn out! He can afford the luxury of a nap, but I've got chores to do. [smilie=th_E_JUMP16667]

Gail [smilie=thzzz003]

Gail, nice new avatar. [smilie=th_E_JUMP16667]

I still have Christmas Tree from Can-do in the melter. It's been on all day. I'm turning in early so I'll leave it until tomorrow.

[smilie=thzzz003]

Last melt of the night...

Holiday Pine from Old Virginia Candle Co....I haven't a thing up yet as far as decorations and I hate to melt my Christmas scents until I do...but I am hankering for some PINE! I better get moving!

Yes Gail...I think we are definitely a gang. [smilie=th_E_JUMP16667]

love all the twistin, dancing emoticons and the new avatars. Maggie, your avi reminds me of being a child and watching that every year. the crow pie was weak but when I did sniff it, I loved it; just wish it had been stronger. Maybe I need huge stashes so I can let stuff cure. lol no, no.

GG-let them eat cake but nada. CBV peppermint bark candle. mmm, good and nice whiffs wafting through. blueberry cheesecake CBV in the dining room and again, get whiffs wherever I am in the house. Peace CBV in the BR. this is light but soooo nice. going to get it in the melts when the candle is gone. also relit CFTKR coconut lavender in the br. this has gone from late last night and throughout the day. I figured I would just get the last out of this one. Just not having good luck with melts today; either too weak or not to my nose's liking.

Jason, I was just thinking this morning that I can't believe it has been almost a decade since the whole Y2K scare. Talk about all your wax stashes---I bet there are folks that still are using up their stashes of toilet paper, bottled water, and paper towels from that one! Oh yeah,and all their candles too. LOL

have a good late eve all.

Good morning.

Starting off fresh with Crosscreek - St. Nick's Lane.

So far I likey. musk, frankincense, myrrh, cinnamon,cool mint, spruce

Good Morning, all. This year has just flown by.

Aria, I remember helping with the Santa Shop when my kids were younger. Such fun watching the little ones choose gifts for their family. I still have the one my son picked out for me when he was in kindergarten. Ok, now I'm getting all teary eyed. [smilie=superman]

I'm also melting Spiced Cranberry, but it's from Scentsy. Very good and strong.

Aww, mpfand, [smilie=th_blij31-1] . I still have all the little goodies my boys' have gotten me over the years. One is a set of three little candles that spell out HO HO HO....I put them on my kitchen windowsill each year!

Well, today is Round 2 for the Santa Shop...at my other DS' school...grades 3-5....don't know how it will compare to the K-2 kids yesterday!

Starting out with Crosscreek Rocky Mountain Christmas, but I'll probably turn the melter off when I leave this morning.

Everyone have a great day.

good morning, all. Aria, sounds like you're having alot of fun and memories to store with helping out at school.

starting out this gloomy day with an older YC water garden in the bath. I loved this fragrance but I think it has been d/c'd. the wax looks different; smoother. doesn't look like the surface of the moon that I've found with most their wax.

CBV red velvet cake and melting CFTKR pumpkin souffle in the LR and CBV peace burning in the BR.

have a nice day, all. Ironing here today. [smilie=th_blij31-1]

Guest ilovescentedthings

I am burning YC Christmas Wreath single wick tumbler I got for .99cents at goodwill. [smilie=th_blij31-1]

Tunisianswife~ I'm surprised your Crow Pie is weak! It's been a long while since I ordered from Angie, but most if not all of her Primitive Collection scents used to be very strong! I wonder what happened? That's stinks...but not in a good way! [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

Melting Blueberry Cheesecake (CHS) in K...so strong and delicious...the kids said they smelled it upstairs!

Cranberry Crumble (CHC) in LR & FR...really nice and I think I want to try this in the new wax.

Pretty in Pink(SSS) still going strong in the BR....I am amazed that these little tart samplers are so strong and long lasting! WOW.

Pulled my Christmas melts out of the "box" this morning...ahhh...I thought I had a lot less of these.... [smilie=superman] Oh dear, and I just ordered a "whole bunch more"! [smilie=th_blij31-1]