The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

November's Feast of Scents

Hey there everyone! We are enjoying the Jeff Dunham Show....heeeeelarious! Melting Country Grove from Carol.

Take care and feel better soon, Jules.

Darling, glad you're feeling better.

Melting Hemingway from Scentsy.

Good Morning!

This morning I am melted Fall Festival from Nene.

Jules I do hope you feel better soon. Ditto what fleur said. I used a netti pot instead of a saline solution in a bottle and it really helped. Good wishes to you for a nose that can smell your waxies again!

The "squeeze bottle" that I use is made by NeilMed (they also make a netti pot, just two different types of rinse vehicles, so to speak). I just find the bottle easier to use for me.... same idea.... it flushes water through the nasal passages gently (squeeze the bottle and the water starts flushing) . I get the little packets of saline to mix with water. Anyway.... it REALLY helps! I think my cold symptoms were "eased" by doing this twice a day.

Okay.... enough about my cold!!!! I am all better now.

Jules.... feel better soon!

No melting tonight. It has been a very busy day and I am too pooped to get off the sofa to put a melt in or light a candle.... how is that for lazy! [smilie=th_bb20]

I'm relaxing with a cup of coffeecoffeebath.gifAnd melting BG- Harvest Spice Cake. Life is good!

OMG Barbita...That little smiley in the coffee is ADORABLE!!! I love his "bottoms up"!! LOL

Been melting mostly McCalls this evening...Royal Ginger in the K and burning Country Store candles in the FR.

Just plopped a LOL Booper's Marshmallow Cupcake tart in the LR.

Just took a "shot" of Night Quell (?)....I think I've got a clog in the pipes...I can't smell a thing. Another one bites the dust. Getting the Peppermint tea ready. [smilie=th_bb20]

Ruh Roh, Maggie! I hope this is a short term problem!! Healthy vibes coming your way!

Today has been Apple Cider by Candle Dippers and an old Mookie, Macintosh Apple.

Recent melts:

Candles, melts, and More turkish hazelnut cafe (strong)

Just Tarts sweet potato pie (doubled up...moderate)

Can-Do cocomint frost (moderate)

EW swedish ginger cake (moderate)

YC cinnamon and sugar (strong)

NeNe orange pound cake (strong)

[smilie=th_bb20]

:lol: Good morning CF friends!

Maggie, ut-oh, I hope you nip it in the bud! Feel better girlie! :P

Melting Busy Bee Honey Ginger...so good!

I also lit my YC Macintosh jar that DH surprised me with yesterday!

Smells preeeeeettttttyyyy gooooood in here!

Jules, ya feelin' any better gf? [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Good morning.

I agree. Barbara, that's an adorable emoticon in the coffee cup.

I feel for you, Maggiemae. Get well soon.

I'm doing better today. I'm up and moving around. My nose is clear but I still have no sense of smell. :lol: I'd rather break an arm. :P

Today's scents? Nada

Good Morning! :lol:

Jules and Maggie Mae-I hope you are feeling better today!

Heading out in a bit so I just have remelts going of LOL Farmers Fall Market ( a great fruity scent and super strong), CYS Autumn Song (nice) and Cinnamon Doughnuts from Haley's (a nice subtle scent).

:P

Hope you feel better today, girls.

Capri Olivo - Teaberry Mountain

Lemon Pound Cake - AMS

Sticky Toffee Pudding - Melissa's Primitive Wicks

all just starting.

Jules, two days of no smell/taste has to be the pits! I think I've usually only had that happen for just one day and I tell ya, it's like Heaven when you get the olfactory thing back. here's hoping.

this morning I've got CHC Lily of the valley going in the bath, Carol's Christmas Pine in the bedroom, and I took that big ole pumpkin pie that was a Carol generous freebie and plopped her right in the electric melter-no cutting, no slicing, just sheer bliss to my nose. :P I can turn it off when I want something else for a while so no biggy. It actually is a combo of her pumpkin spice for the filling part, and the crust is chestnuts and brown sugar scent. I LOVe this-it's the second one she's sent as a freebie. she doesn't have them in her store, so I'll just have to order both scents and mix for a little pure joy. I'm hoarding my bear claws because if I had my way, I'd melt them 24/7. Her butters and blueberry scents are so good.

have a good day, all. beautiful here.

Maggie, hope you are feeling better today and Jules you too! I know it is horrible not being able to smell. Before my waxy indulgences....I used to get colds and be a little annoyed at the fact that I couldn't taste anything but that was mild....now since I can't smell my scents, it is like pure torture. Well, I guess I don';t have to tell you that. Fear not, real soon this will be behind you and you will be melting up a storm. You know maybe if you put on a really really strong scent you just miight be able to smell something! I did that last March when I had a whopper of a cold. Or, you can always melt the ones you know you don't like just to use them up. Yep, I have done that.....

Fleur, I hear ya bout being too lazy to light a candle. At night most times after a late dinner, I just fall asleep with my daughter while tucking her into bed with all the intentions of going back out to the living room to either light a candle or melt a tart. Hardly ever happens. I should not be so lazy about using the netti pot either. Our doctor told us that is a good way to avoid getting colds and flu too. To just rinse out your nasal cavities twice a day and gargle with salt water.

Ok, I will stop boring ya all. I am going to melt Rosas French Vanilla Supreme.

Enjoy your day!

Thanks for your well wishes everyone! :P

I woke up this morning feeling better....yeah! I'm a bit clogged but the important thing is that I can SMELL!!! Hope everyone else feeling lousy starts to feel better soon!

Re-melting Booper's Marshmallow Cupcake and put on SSS Cherry Chip Cake...this one is amazing. My favorite CCC thus far!

Happy Friday!

Good morning! I'm melting Carol's Coruncopia and Creme de Cafe Liquor. Both are nice scents.

I saw the new YC accessories. I love the snowman double hanging tea light burner. I'm addicted to snowmen.

Today so far I have tried out two more of the HL holiday scents.

Snowberries--this one is piney and minty and just plain different. Not to my taste but I think lots of you would love it.

Pineberry Bough--this is the best pine/berry scent I've ever smelled. Love it a lot.

Melting Can-Do Blackberry Croissanteating-bread-09.gifVery strong and Yummie!

That sounds delicious!

I just started melting CFTKR's Pears & Berries. This is from 1 or 2 years ago and I forgot how great it smells! It smells like pears mixed with blueberries, which I absolutely love!

I sitting here waiting for Mr. UPS to show up so I can run downstairs before he rings the bell. I need to smuggle in the tarts before DH sees them coming in.