The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

good morning, all. another wet day here.

ooh Aria, I love Crosscreek's heart and home!

bath-YC mango peach salsa

BR-CFTKR noel nog

LR-CFTKR hot toddy. I'm not really a fan of this one. for some reason it reminds me of a cherry menthol cough drop or something.

late last eve(while staying up late playing pogo), I melted Nene's Spiked Eggnog. OMG, I felt like I took a dive into a carton of Borden's eggnog! I LOVE this! I wish now I had turned off the melter before bed to save and savor it.

will have to go look and see what I can replace the hot toddy with; it's not one that is working for me.

have a good day, all.

We;ll, we're back to unseasonably warm weather here today...close to 80.

Recent melts:

The Tart Shack yuzu (nada)

GHBT tayberry and teakwood (strong)

CFTKR hippy Christmas (strong)

GHBT grandpa's berry patch (weak)

YC beachwalk (strong)

good morning, all. another wet day here.

ooh Aria, I love Crosscreek's heart and home!

Susan, this one has been a fave of mine for quite some time....it smells so good! I will need to reorder soon as I am down to my last one! I can't remember if I've tried Nene's Spiked EggNog. Sounds like a great scent.

Hello everyone!

This cool windy morning I'm melting Haley's Cinnamon Yum Yums. Going on a much needed walk with my doggies.Puppies_2_by_myjka55.gif

Melting one of my Primitive Kountry combo tarts this yucky morning. It's Blueberry Cobbler, Apple Pie Ala Mode and French Vanilla...glad I let it sit for a few weeks cause it's throwing moderately strong now. [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Hello!

Today I'm melting Carol's Autumn Wreath (just changed it because the scent was gone), Pink Licorice (just in time for Halloween), and Candied Apple Pomander.

My small YC jars just arrived from the $5 coupon sale. Woohoo! I'm burning YC's Fall Festival and Macintosh.

Burning a candle I got from the Pet Store called Pet Odor Exterminator in Evergreen Scent. Thought this would be super strong if it is for pet odors but NO. I have been burning it for four hours and I am just starting to get a whiff of it. Tunneling also. (

Last night I melted GHBT's Vanilla Noel and it was fabulous!

Good day. There are so many yummy sounding smellies going on!

Nice to see you stopping by, Ttmontes. [smilie=The_Hi]

Denim, that's a bummer about your Evergreen candle.

I'm missing Ilovescentedthings around here. I hope everything's fine. Stop in and say "Hi" if you read this, Ilove!

Brrr, chilly at 35 degrees this morning. [smilie=th_00000020] I'm melting Cotton Candy Jellybean from LOL, which took a little while to get going. I think by nature this is a light scent with a moderate throw. It's very sweet and sugary with a hint of fruitiness, although I can't pick out what fruit. It's pleasant enough, even "charming" and something I'd be happy smelling all day long. And yet, at the same time it's kind of nondescript and not something that would ever make me go "OMG!" or "Ahhhh!" I'm thinking this would be a very nice scent for when guests come to visit. I wouldn't reorder because, like a true addict, I'm always looking for that big [smilie=th_ecd36868] factor. KWIM?

Gail

good to see you, TT.

denny-that's very disappointing regarding the odor eliminator but do you suppose that it is one of those that is not so much a 'cover up' with smell, but rather something in it that helps neutralize to eliminate?

puppy, I'm with ya. I love that wow factor.

switched out the hot toddy for CFTKR cinnamon buns. I love this one too. very heavy on the cinnamon in a great intoxicating way. not as heavy on the butter as the bear claw but can still smell the bakery in it.

also switched out the YC mango peach salsa in the bath for comfort and joy from Carol. there's not alot of YC tarts I've tried that have a huge throw and this is one of them.

Hi all. Today I'm doing tealight two for Cinnamon & Sugar. This is nicer when it's melted a while and isn't so abrasive. Just a reminder for those who still like to entertain their inner-child like me, or who have actual children who might be interested, tonight ABC airs the perrenial classic, It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown at 8PM/7 Central. [smilie=th_ecd36868]

I'm at work on my break, but just popped in to say I will be watching the Great Pumpkin! I have to watch it every year with the boys or by myself. I just love it!

Good morning everyone!

Last night I melted another Country Home tart, one that I got in my extra little package they sent me. Well.......WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! I melted Almond Cherry, wow, what a great fruit, slightly nutty, STRONG scent, I loved it. I'm gonna try a second tealight tonight, hopefully It still has something left! I also tried YC Mountain Pine, again another surprise. I don't like pine smells usually, but I figured I'd try it and if it was too much for me I would just dump it. It was a light pine scent, but I smelled a little flowery somethin somethin going on. I really liked it alot.

Jason, did you see my post on FB? If you want that coupon, email me your address and I'll mail it to you today. My email address is thriftwayauto@aol.com.

Have a great day everyone!

The Great Pumpkin is awesome!!. This afternoon I'm melting my very last EW-Drunk apples. This is such a great scent. I have really been hoarding the scents from there I have left. Hopefully, there will be more new ones down the road.

Good morning everyone!

Last night I melted another Country Home tart, one that I got in my extra little package they sent me. Well.......WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! I melted Almond Cherry, wow, what a great fruit, slightly nutty, STRONG scent, I loved it. I'm gonna try a second tealight tonight, hopefully It still has something left! I also tried YC Mountain Pine, again another surprise. I don't like pine smells usually, but I figured I'd try it and if it was too much for me I would just dump it. It was a light pine scent, but I smelled a little flowery somethin somethin going on. I really liked it alot.

Jason, did you see my post on FB? If you want that coupon, email me your address and I'll mail it to you today. My email address is thriftwayauto@aol.com.

Have a great day everyone!

I didn't see that. Thanks so much, Linda! I will email you shortly!

It's a lovely fall day here and I spent it at the Yankee store saying good bye to one of the managers there who is leaving. Came home and am melting a new HL scent and I can't remember what Dawn said it was called but it smells like apples and cinnamon and is wonderful. I'll get the name next time I see her. Also have on a Mainstays Vanilla candle and will no doubt throw on a few more candles later. Have a great night all.

Started this morning burning Cheryl's Vanilla Pumpkin candle again.....put in YC's Candied Apple has been in the electric all day and I can't smell a thing. It's an older tart though so that could be why. Upstairs I have something 'country-ish' from GHBT's but I can't remember the name.

I'm probably going to put on Crosscreek's Candy Corn for awhile. I have separated out the Halloween melts and am on a mission to use every last one by Saturday night!!