The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

This afternoon's melts are....

YC Cranberry Chutney - lovely as usual

CFTKR Cranberry Woodspice - really strong as usual

MummySmiley.gifHellooooooooo!

It's a dreary, rainy day here in the south. raining2.gif I'm so tired of it.

Melting YC Autumn Leaves in the LR and EP Gardenia Tuberose in the BR.

I bought a combo melter from EP a few weeks ago and received a couple freebie tarts. This one is really nice...2 of my favorite floral smells combined.

Hope y'all are having a good one. heart.gifheart.gifheart.gif

splt, I ordered one Haunted House from Can-do. I am trying to save it for a bit because if I knew how fantastic smelling it was, I would have ordered more. When I reorder from CD, I'm going to order it in a shape or clam so I can use them in the bedroom.

Melted CD crescent roll, so nice but I had a hankering for something sweet so I also added my last bear claw from CFTKR. OMG, it's a good thing I have never run across a local bear claw that is as good as Carol's smells, cuz otherwise I'd be as big as a house! so divine.

Bath-GHBT Pineapple paprika (on the second tlight-nice and strong)

Bedroom-CFTKR Mistletoe and holly

rainy day here too. going to make hubby a pot of something hot and good.

splt, I ordered one Haunted House from Can-do. I am trying to save it for a bit because if I knew how fantastic smelling it was, I would have ordered more. When I reorder from CD, I'm going to order it in a shape or clam so I can use them in the bedroom.

I am not sure what type of scents you like. But in this last Can-Do order she included an extra in Asian spice which I melted yesterday. It is very earthy and if you like musk type scents it is very good. Ilet it go for 24 hours straight and it still had scent and has a huge throw. it is a definite reorder for me. Just wanted to let you know.

thanks, splt. I would like that. I do like earthy scents and love a musk scent particularly for the bedroom and bath. I saw that Asian spice in your post and wondered what it was like. thanks for the headsup.I'll have to add that to my next order also.

Just switched out for the evening. I am now melting SH Mrs. Claus Candy Cane Cookies and Haley's Mrs. Claus Candy Cane Cookies. I am really liking this scent. I am starting to get a cold. I didn't really smell too much of the scents I melted before. I hope this doesn't last too long!

Feel better soon, Candlelove. I am melting EE-Big Bad Wolf. This is a very interesting scent. The berry fragrance is smooth and the cedar notes blend with the berry and vanilla to make a wonderful, mysterious scent. I hope everyone is having a good evening.

Hi everybody!

Aria, too funny about the trombone “Hot Cross Buns.” That sounds like a scent description! :lol:

Tunisian, Comfort and Joy must be soooo good!

I really like some of the scent descriptions you guys are coming up with. [smilie=th_u51] I don't think it's difficult to do if I just take a bit of time and focus on the smell. What do you all think? I'm finding that paying this much attention to each scent also helps me enjoy my smellies all the more too. [smilie=th_pluja]

I so agree, Katz. This forum is as wonderful as it is because all the people are so delightful and unique! Big Bad Wolf sounds very intriguing!

Aw, Olive, that’s so sad about your EW stash being no more. :cry:

Candlelove, what a happy surprise to discover that you have not only more, but WAY more Fall and Christmas scents than you thought! Lucky, lucky girl! [smilie=th_cc1] I hope your cold is very short-lived.

I just realized something. I’ve been abbreviating Candle Dippers as CD and writing out Can-Do out. Hmm, maybe Can-Do is CD instead? I think I’ll write both their names out from now on. Or at least CD for Candle Dippers and C-D for Can-Do.

I’m melting Candle Dippers Hot Toddy. It’s very strong and permeated the whole house within a very short time. The apple is very authentic and makes it so easy to mentally put myself smack in the middle of an orchard on a crispy autumn day. The cinnamon, nutmeg and clove are prominent and sweet. I checked Candle Dippers’ scent description before posting here. They mention a touch of vanilla bean and a lemon wedge. Now that I read it, I can smell it, but I didn’t pick up either of those on my own. All in all, I do believe Hot Toddy is as close to perfection as I’ve found yet, especially for a cloudy, chilly, windy fall afternoon! [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Gail

Melting Spiced Coffee Cake from Can~Do

Gail isn't this a wonderful cool day? I bet you are enjoying it as much as I am. [smilie=th_sad2hz1] flower_dance_by_blaahy.gif

thanks, splt. I would like that. I do like earthy scents and love a musk scent particularly for the bedroom and bath. I saw that Asian spice in your post and wondered what it was like. thanks for the headsup.I'll have to add that to my next order also.

I goofed. Was thinking stir fry for supper and put down Asain....it is Indian Spice...it also has patchouli in it, but is superb!!! Sorry about the brain f**t!!!

This thread is such fun to read.

Susan (Tunisianswife), Your Haunted House post reminded me that I had an old leftover Candle Haven Haunted House melt here, so I put it in tonight. I was saving it for this Halloween season and almost forgot to melt it this week. Here's to you. [smilie=th_pluja]

To me it smells just like the one from Can-Do. Thank goodness Can-do continues to carry Lessie's scents and does such a good job with them too.

Feel better soon Michele. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Great descriptions, Gail. You are hitting them out of the park! Which reminds me. Who's watching the World Series tonight?

oh Jules, the WS starts tonight? We used to watch for as long as I could remember even when the Yankees weren't in it. lol I haven't watched baseball in so long. In our family(including cousins,aunts,uncles) the Yankees was a religion, and still is. thanks for the toast. Ok, since I'm new you have to fill in the blanks. was Lessie another company or something? I've seen reference to it in the scent descriptions @Can do

splt, have to laugh at the Asians and Indians.

puppy, I've probably been abbreviating wrong. C-D is a good way to differentiate.

I added CFTKR spiced pumpkin torte to the BBW autumn leaf mosaic burner I bought this year. I am going to return it, I think. It is designed wrong or something. It's either too tall, making the tlight not burn close enough to the tart to give much of a throw. It's not the tart because when I put the same one in the electric or any other tlight warmer, everything is always stronger. I heard there were some complaints on this one. I haven't been to the BBW site to read the reviews though.

added CFTKR pink sugared strawberries to the bedroom.

my last bear claw is still going strong. got to order more from Carol but I see I ordered one from CHC. hope to get that order soon.

Looks like I had the wrong night. The only World Series we can find on the TV is the World Series of Poker. [smilie=th_sad2hz1] It must start tomorrow.

Lessie was the owner of Candle Haven and when she closed, she passed some of her most popular scent blends to Can-do, who has done them proud. Tonight I've noticed how similar Haunted House is to Crosscreeks Wrought Iron scent. (which I don't see on the scent list anymore)

Barbara, I'm sure your weather today was much better than ours (as usual!) We get "our winds" and today they were about 40 mph, ruining a perfectly delightful day. [smilie=th_u51]

No no, Tunisian, I think I was messing the abbreviations up. But either way, if we use CD for Candle Dippers and C-D for Can-Do, that should help, eh?

Wow Jules, I hit a homer? Aw, thanks. There'll be no living with me now! But sad to say for all of you, [smilie=th_cc1] [smilie=th_pluja]

World Series starting soon? Already, eh? Hopefully I'll be able to watch most of the games. Big baseball fans around here too, even if my beloved Angels are out of the running. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

To stay on topic, DH and I made Italian dinner, including fresh from the oven garlic bread. That little CD Hot Toddy never skipped a beat and is still plugging away! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurra_fruehling3]

Have a restful night, everybody.

Gail

Hello!

I've been in and out of the house all day. I'm finally sitting down to some great scents -

Tarts -

Carol's Autumn Wreath

Candles -

YC's Macintosh.

Finally settling in for the evening with Cranberry Spice from Scentsy. It's been a delightfully chilly day here, although the strong winds managed to put a damper on an otherwise pleasant day.

Good morning.

I dipped into my Autumn stash again today. Chipping away at it little by little.

YC - Vanilla Pumpkin melt

YC - Buttercream melt

FM - Tuscany melt

EE - Evening Eclipse votive

EE - Nightmare votive

I've got to get my errands done today. The kids are out of school Thurs. and Friday for an in-service day and a hurricane make-up day. Nice long weekend.

Good Morning!

It looks like another rainy day here!

Thnks everyone for the well wishes! I dont feel sick but I am stuffed up, I hope I can smell today. I am doing a remelt of SH and Haley's Mrs.Claus Candy Cane Cookies. This scent is great!! I am also burning my new GC Spiced Eggnog candle. The cold smell was very authentic. We will see how this one goes.

[smilie=th_ecd36868]

Good Morning ~ another dreary fall morning...hoping to see the sun this afternoon.

Slatkin jar ~ Ginger Vanilla

Crosscreek melt ~ Heart & Home

YC votive ~ Mountain Pine