The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

Nene's ginger krumkake (couldn't smell it at all [smilie=th_giggle] )

Can-do lessie's blueberry blast n cream (moderate)

Rosa's sugar plum (weak)

GHBT pool party (strong)

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Good afternoon and evening! [smilie=th_wave]

Candle Dippers is turning out to be one of my favorite vendors. [smilie=th_giggle] I'm melting Lemon Chiffon, which is quite light - "light" as in “uplifting” not “weak.” The throw is dandy. This is an invigorating scent that reminds me of lemon chiffon pudding but it's warmer than pudding, if that makes sense. It's the perfect balance between tart and sugary. I like to come up with my description and then check it against the vendor's website before posting. I suspected a touch of bakery and by golly, my nose didn't steer me wrong. :lol: The website says, "just a hint of baked pie crust." This one would be great in B&B and it's one of my favorite lemon-y scents thus far. I likey! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Gail

good evening, all. Denny, I remember watching all the Charlie Brown specials when I was young. My brother who is 43 still watches them each year! LOL for whatever reason, I was thinking I saw it briefly last night when I was flipping through waiting for Dancing with the stars to come on. I guess it was maybe just a promo or something.

melting Carol's blueberry and vanilla bomb pie. golly, this is good. this is the 3rd blueberry scent of hers I've tried and all 3 have been nice and strong.

speaking of lemons...I put a freebie from Carol in the bedroom-lemon noel. I'm not a fan of lemon as far as scents for home(love real lemons both in taste and smell). this reminds me of the flavor of a lemon sucker but not the smell of it, the taste(if that makes sense) it smells like a lemon sucker tastes. lol

Bath-citrus linen H20 from CCCC. Love this scent; such a nice strong throw.

have a good eve all

Tonight I am melting Fudge Brownie in one room and Grandma's Kitchen in another. These are both from Cottage Hill Creations. I bought them when she was having her sale, before she started with her new wax. I have been extremely dissapointed with most of them. I guess you really do get what you pay for. You could tell that these were very old. The best ones out of the bunch that I got was the Cinnamon Rolls. They probably weren't as old as some of the rest.

Oh well, live and learn. I will stay away from the clearance sales. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] [smilie=th_giggle]

Well, had to extinguish the GHBT's Olde Country Homestead...bleh...too piney or something. Now I am going to melt my last melt from FP, Malted Milkshake

I'm melting Pumpkin as well.

Busy Bee - Pumpkin Cappuccino in two melters.

plus the same assortment of jars and votives

and Bizzy B's - Citrus Zest & Tart Cranberries

Well, I needed a break from all of my bakery scents, so I'm melting lemongrass & Olive from Can-Do. This is a beautiful herbal scent. a refreshing scent of fresh cut grass,Mowing_the_grass_emoticon.gif and a touch of lemon and herbs. I'll reorder this one! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Barbita, thanks for the review of the lemongrass and olive. it sounds like a nice scent I'd like for bed/bath and for summer. I'll have to keep that one in mind.

anjoymom, I always wondered about clearance tarts. I've just ordered 3 from a vendor but haven't gotten the order yet. we'll see.

good morning, all. another wet day here.

late last eve(while staying up late playing pogo), I melted Nene's Spiked Eggnog. OMG, I felt like I took a dive into a carton of Borden's eggnog! I LOVE this! I wish now I had turned off the melter before bed to save and savor it.

Tunisian, thanks for the posts on Nene's Spiked Eggnog. I need to add that to my next Nene's order.

I'm melting YC - Cinnamon & Sugar.

Jason, you are so right. This one is strong and I'm loving it!

Good evening to all and citrouille19.gif

LOL! Look at the smiley I just found! santaanddeer.gif It has nothing to do with anything...just thought it was cute. Heeeeee!

Puppy...you are so eloquent with words, but I love my smileys. They speak for me. smiley_emoticons_hurra3.gif

Melting Caramel Dipped Apples from CCCC. Yummmmmmmmmmmo!

momuvtwo...I remember posting with you on the Q board. You got me started buying brittle from Pure Scents. I love her stuff. Little Black Dress is my most favorite. heart_smiley.gif

tunisianswife...Nene makes a great lemongrass melt. I got the pound bag of melts and went through it in no time. It is reeeeeeally strong.

I have rambled long enough. blabber.gif

bf-Kissesheart.gif

Sweet dreams!

Sharonana,

Thank you. I LOVE your smileys too! They definitely brighten up this forum and make me giggle! [smilie=th_giggle]

Good night, everyone. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Gail

good morning, all.

melting can-do Home Sweet Home in the LR. haven't started anything in the bath or bedroom. Coffee comes first. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

have a good day. looks like it is going to be a nice day here. I have 3 dogs to bathe today and my weekly ironing. tonight I'm going to one of the branches of our library for a presentation on haunted houses in the town I live in. the presentation is given by a couple of brothers that wrote the book. should be fun.

It's a beautiful, SUNNY, fall day. I am melting GG-Southern Harlot. I have a chiro. appt. today, so more melting later.

Tunisianswife: Have fun at the library. That sounds very interesting. I love local folklore and legends.

Fleur,

SSS Ganny's Lemon Cake is in my melter right now. One of my favorites. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

I love the sweet bakery scent mixed with butter and sweet lemon. YUM!

I'm melting Fall Harvest from Country Home Scents. This scent is very strong. I have to blow out the tealight after about 30 minutes to let the scent settle down.

Tunisianswife - the presentation at your library sounds wonderful. I hope you will have a great time.

[smilie=th_ef3416a0] Good morning, all!

Tunisian, that sounds like a fabulous program! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] I hope you thoroughly enjoy it. Any chance you could fill us in on the experience later on? Maybe in the "Off Topic" room? [smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign0009]

I'm starting the day with LOL's Cinnamon Buns. If I could change the name to "Most Excellent Cinnamon Buns" no description would be needed at all. [smilie=th_balloons]

Hope everybody has a wonderful Thursday!

Gail

Still melting Combo tarts from PK with some Ginger Spice Mill from an old McCalls candle mixed in. Yummmmmmy! I definitely need to get a new jar of that!

Melting Black Magic from Ten Digit in BR.

Happy Thursday...I'm off from work! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Need to go shopping for my spooky Halloween party tomorrow evening!

Vanilla ~ da Bomb was good while it lasted...it fizzled out a little while ago.

Lit my YC Autumn Gold jar....not much left, this may be the last time I am able to b burn it.

I am going to ice a few melters and pick something different to melt this afternoon....