The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

Yum, I'm melting BG Blackberry Dessert Crepes. It's fabulous! I can smell juicy berry, butter, and bakery. It's also strong and has a great throw. (Not to sweet and not to tart.)

This will be a reorder for me!

It actually smells like a berry pie in the ovenIn_teh_pie_by_new_age_reject_by_Emoti_CON.png

[smilie=th_326db8b3] HAPPY BIRTHDAY SILLY!!! [smilie=th_Drglar] I hope that you had an awesome day!

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Pumpkin Pie Filling (yummy) and burning YC's Macintosh. Earlier in the day I melted Witches Brew and Pink Licorice.

Happy evening, my friends! [smilie=th_wave]

Just popping in with an update. This morning's Cinnamon Roll melt from LOL is still going strong! [smilie=th_Drglar] It's been about thirteen hours now and I'm not talking, "Still has some life left in it." I'm talking, "Amazing strength that's filling the entire house with to-die-for fragrance!" [smilie=th_aa20]

Boy, do I sound like a LOL sales lady or what? [smilie=th_326db8b3]

Gail

Happy, Happy BD, Sillys!

This evening has been Alternative Breeding - Dig Deep. I really like these tarts - a little spendy, but some unusual scents.

Happy Birthday Sillysmom! [smilie=th_326db8b3]

Tonight's melts are:

YC - Pomegranate Cider in the LR (Okay)

YC - Candied Apple in the FR (Very yummmy!)

Good Morning everybody. I am not positive but I think today is momuvtwo's birthday--or else it is tomorrow but I am going to start a thread on the birthday page.

We had very heavy rain all last evening and into the night but it has moved on now. I am starting the day out with Yankee Christmas Cookie, Christmas Cupcake and Macintosh and Peach and Slatkin Creamy Nutmeg. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Good morning, all! And Trep, it is indeed my birthday - you are so sweet to remember!

Just got up for work and started YC's Spiced PUmpkin in my office (small tumbler, which I hope evens out today since I had to put it out before it got to the edge last night on its first burn).

I just got my Nene's birthday coupon e-mail and am TRYING not to look! Though I am thinking about hitting the Yankee store with the dollar tart coupon for a little birthday treat to myself.......

Oh, meant to post on Sunday that I put YC's Autumn Leaves in my tealight melter - my all-time favorite fall scent and I had been hoarding them. Within about 5 minutes it was SO strong I was coughing and had a headache that it drove me outside for fresh air, and I actually had to put it out! This from a Yankee tart?! I couldn't believe it as I have never had one of their tarts be that strong that I couldn't take it - or any tart for that matter :roll: I re-melted it in the electric 14 W the next day and it was still strong but not overpowering and it did just fine there.

I thought I was in some kind of alternate universe and that my YC tart was actually defective for being TOO strong! [smilie=th_goodnight]

[smilie=th_goodnight]

It looks like lots of rain today. I am melting EW-Berry Buttercream and EE votive -Crystal Lake and Busy Bee votive-Bayleaf and Pepper. I hope everyone has a great day.

birth.gif momuvtwo! Have a great day!

Kim, it's raining big time here too!

I've got my YC Boo! jar lit this morning. No melts. I've got to head out to the store in awhile and then on to school for Halloween parties with my boys! I love seeing all the costumes!

Have a great day! Guys.gif

Good morning! All you folks getting rainy weather, stay warm and dry. Wow, lots of spooky, spirited smellies happening today. [smilie=th_1084] I'm going with Candle Dippers Harvest Spice. Since I just put it on, I have to wait to see how it throws, but I think I'll like this scent.

Happy Birthday, Mom! :shock: That's amazing about your YC tart's strength. :roll:

Aria, I get to go see costumes today too. There's a Halloween parade at my six year old granddaughter's school. [smilie=HBday] Have fun with your kiddos.

[smilie=th_goodnight]

Gail

good morning, all. Belated happy birthday, Sillysmom.

Happy birthday, Mom!(insert balloons and party hats emoticons here) hope you enjoy yourself and yes, you have to treat yourself a little and what better way than something that makes us feel good inside, right? I want to get to YC sale too. was hoping to go out this week w/hubby but didn't turn out. that's something with that YC tart! I too have never had a tart from Yankee like that.

Gail, have fun at your grandaughter's parade. It is so cute to see the little ones all decked out for halloween.

I didn't end up going last night to the library talk. after I got done bathing and trimming up 3 little dogs, my back hurt and I didn't feel like getting dressed up myself. I took a bath, put on my pjs and relaxed. lol

recent melts: BBC Cabernet savignon(weak)

Nene's vanilla decadence(surprisingly stronger for a vanilla scent. didn't last long though)

Can-do Haunted House-mmm, love this one. has been going all night and still has a nice scent, I don't need to throw it out. I love patchouli but not alot of it because it is one of those scents with me that a little bit can go a long way, so this is perfect. I also love sweet cravings type from CCCC. again, just a hint of it so it is nice.

have a good day all. grocery day here, and a little load of laundry. Friday is my prepare for the weekend work day.

Susan

Good morning! Starting today melting:

YC - Balsam & Cedar (moderate)

Grazia - Magilla Gorilla Vanilla (very nice but moderate)

SSS - Cowgirls n Pearls

Can-do - Amber Desire

Good morning!

Happy Birthday Momuvtwo! I hope that you have a great day! Oh, if I remember correctly you buy from Carol, right? If so, you may want to try out her Autumn Wreath tarts. They are an exact dupe and much cheaper than YC's.

This morning I'm melting Autumn Magic and Pumpkin Pie Filling. I have to go to DD's preschool in a bit to be class mom for their Halloween party and then DD has a party this afternoon at her karate school. I think tonight will be a take-out dinner night. There's far too much fun stuff going on to worry about what to cook.

Me again, with a report on CD's Harvest Spice if anyone's interested. The throw is strong. But it's a sharp rather than smooth scent, different from what I've smelled in plain Harvest. No pumpkin, apple, or other fall fruits. Not a trace of sweetness either. This one is pure spice, just harsh cinnamon and plenty of clove. Not sure if I'm accurate on it, and I couldn't find a scent description to verify anything. It started to give me a headache, then DH got up and said, I"m getting a headache." I quickly turned off the warmer before he realized what might be the culprit. [smilie=th_goodnight]

Gail

Thanks, Gail. That's good to know.

Today I'm melting CFTKR - Orange Chiffon Thumbprints (from a buddy [smilie=th_goodnight] )

and DC - Dark Carnival - very light scent

The kids and I are going to put together some Halloween costumes today. We're going with a vampire and a zombie.

Thanks for all the b'day wishes everyone, I had a great day.

Last nights melt was Lemony Fresh from SSS, smelled just like lemon pledge!

Current melts are: Birthday Cake from Crosscreek and Haunted House from GHBT's.

I'm re-thinking my trip to Yankee since I'm struggling again with throw and melt pool issues. Their performance in my house is always unpredictable, and I often don't have enough hours to burn the candles as they need. So, I did cave and placed a small order from Nene's since it's been a long time since I've ordered there, then I think I'll finally place my PI order. I think that's enough birthday damage - at least for now...the day is still young!