The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

momuvtwo and I must be in the same alternate universe as I have on a Yankee Christmas Cupcake tart and it is about to run me out of the house!! I do usually a get good throw from Yankee tarts but not this strong. It is good, though, as I knew it would be as I have already burned one medium and one large candle in this scent and they gave out a good throw but still.... At any rate I also have on Yankee Macintosh and Peach (two candles going) and Slatkin Creamy Nutmeg. I don't really care much for this nutmeg one--it isn't super strong, though, so I'll finish it, but it smells kind of sour to me.

Melting Haley's Cassada Italian Wedding Cake.

Strong and beautiful. Smells like cake, cream, and juicy fresh strawberries.Yummy_blinkie_by_Hinata777.gif

Well, Trep - I'm still having an experience with Yankee.....Put 'Boo' in the tealight melter awhile ago and almost instantly my sinuses started to swell up! Not that the scent itself was particularly strong, though I could definitely smell it (but it wasn't practically burning my nose like Autumn Leaves did), but something was happening. I just put it out and am freezing it up to try in the 14-watt melter. I love tealight melters in my main living area for the candlelight, but I'll stick the small tumbler next to the melter maybe to get the same effect along with the scent throw - if I get any in that melter.

I am wondering if it's the tarts themselves or if somehow I'm developing - *gasp* - some kind of scent allergy?!! [smilie=th_goodnight]

Happy birthday momuvtwo! [smilie=HBday] I sure hope you're not developing a smellie allergy. :shock: Since these are all fall scents, I was wondering if U have any seasonal (fall) outdoor allergies...? [smilie=th_goodnight]

Earlier I had on a YC's Midnight Stroll in the Pumpkin Patch (Spiced Pumpkin+Midsummer's Night). Wasn't thrilled with the Midsummers Night cold sniff, but gave it a try, anyhow. No...no...no....nope...not for me. :roll: Put that out pronto. So, now I've changed to YC's Sleepy Hollow (Beware+Moonlight Harvest). This is better. I can do a little patchouli much better.

trep, I love your emoticon.

Gail, I am not fond of a straight up spice that is nose-singing either. Now smother it in butter and I am a happy camper!

sweetspicy, I amnot a fan of midsummers night either. smells too manish for me, and too much like a cheap men's cologne. I used to be a fan of YC Mountain Lake but it now smells like a super-duper cheapo men's cologne that you would find at a dollar store. I loved the cold sniff on the Beware votive I snuffed and snuffed into BBB. I love patchouli but it is one of those fragrances that a little goes a long way and if it is mixed just right, boy is it nice. speaking of which....

I've got to check Can-do and see if she carries Haunted House year round. if not, I'll have to stock up in some kind of bag of something cute for the bath and bedroom. This scent is probably the most unique in the strength dept. I've ever had. If it makes sense, I put it on 24 hours ago and I still smell it so nicely in here I don't want to melt anything else. I also could smell it in the hallway of the building when I came in BUT it is not one of those nose-singing scents. it's as though it just kind of softly lingers in the air not in an overpowering way at all(because it does have patchouli in it. If it was nose-singing strong, it would have been put out long ago) really strange the way it softly lingers in the air in such a nice subtle way that you really notice when you walk in the room, but not strong. very hard to explain but definitely one of my favs. funny thing too is that it was not overpowering when I first put it on. It's kind of stayed the same strength(maybe a tad less now) the whole 24hours.

put a YC napa valley harvest in the bath and Slatkin HFO white citrus in the bedroom.

have a good eve all.

This evenng I'm melting:

YC - Splash of Rain

YC - Almond Cookie

Nene's - Nilla Wafers

Burning:

Walmart - Holiday Time Pine

Mainstays - Vanilla

Recent melts:

Haley's hillbilly homebrew (strong)

CYS gypsy nights (moderate)

Can-do hydrangea (strong)

Rosa's orange chiffon (weak)

Can-Do bird of paradise (moderate)

YC macintosh (moderate)

[smilie=th_goodnight]

Good evening,

I've been out most of the day but now I'm going to give CD's Harvest Spice another try. We'll see. All I know is that it wasn't nearly as wonderful as Hot Toddy was the other day.

Tunisian, Can-Do's Haunted House sounds very intriguing. Just like a real haunted house! :lol:

Barbara, Haley's Cassada Italian Wedding Cake sounds divine! It makes me want to find an Italian couple who are engaged so I can get invited to the wedding! [smilie=th_gif]

Oh Mom, that would be HORRID if you develop a scent allergy! No, no, just say no! Don't do it!! [smilie=HBday]

I'm curious. Do you all do the same thing I do? When I read an icky scent review here, I check my orders and/or spreadsheets to see if I ordered it. :) If not, [smilie=th_c61] If so, [smilie=th_Cry]

Same goes for a glowing review. I check my lists. If I ordered it, [smilie=th_326db8b3] If not, [smilie=th_c61]

Gail, a very silly and slightly obsessed drama queen

Gail, I loved your sign off and your emoticons. well I guess I don't keep spreadsheets so... I'll just say that when I read a review of something I've ordered that is good, I feel like I hit the jackpot but I also realize that everyone's smeller is different. I've had some scents that everyone loves that I found were good, or just ok but not a gaga goo goo thing, and I'm sure that there are many I like that some are repulsed by.

I should keep some kind of log though. I'm very bad at names of scents, and sometimes get all mixed up as to what I got where. Funny though that the ones I really really love, I am able to remember both the name and vendor.

Happy birthday momuvtwo! [smilie=HBday] I sure hope you're not developing a smellie allergy. [smilie=th_gif] Since these are all fall scents, I was wondering if U have any seasonal (fall) outdoor allergies...? :)

Earlier I had on a YC's Midnight Stroll in the Pumpkin Patch (Spiced Pumpkin+Midsummer's Night). Wasn't thrilled with the Midsummers Night cold sniff, but gave it a try, anyhow. No...no...no....nope...not for me. [smilie=th_326db8b3] Put that out pronto. So, now I've changed to YC's Sleepy Hollow (Beware+Moonlight Harvest). This is better. I can do a little patchouli much better.

I love Midsummer's Night, but I can't imagine it paired up with Spiced Pumpkin. At least you were adventurous and gave it a try!

Tonight I'm melting YC Spiced Pumpkin (by itself). Also burning jars in Spiced Pumking and Gold Canyon's Apple Spice.

I'm curious. Do you all do the same thing I do? When I read an icky scent review here, I check my orders and/or spreadsheets to see if I ordered it. :) If not, [smilie=th_c61] If so, [smilie=th_gif]

Same goes for a glowing review. I check my lists. If I ordered it, [smilie=th_326db8b3] If not, [smilie=th_Cry]

Gail, a very silly and slightly obsessed drama queen

Yes Gail, I do the same thing. Matter of fact a moment ago when I saw your first post on Can-Do's Harvest Spice I immediately checked my order to see if I had ordered it. [smilie=HBday]

Tonight I'm melting:

YC - Cranberry Chutney in the LR

YC - Autumn Wreath in the FR

Cranberry Chutney is a long time favorite of mine. It's the very first YC scent I ever bought.

Aw, you're a sweetie, Sharonana.

Thanks, Tunisian. I'm glad you get a kick out of my sign off and smilies. I'm liking Barbara's latest one of Veni, Vidi, Visa. :)

Not to beat it into the ground, but here's some final thoughts on Candle Dippers Harvest Spice. It was much, much better the second time around. I don't know why. It sat in the cold warmer all day, so maybe it had a chance to dissipate/weaken/mellow a bit. It's still a bit too sharp and spicy, but is softer and fairly nice now. Not something I'd reorder, mind you, especially considering all those other fantastic CD scents to choose from! But it's okay.

There. I'll shut up about it. Sorry to go on and on, everyone. But in fairness, I wanted to share the fact that it did improve.

Gail, Long Winded and Appropriately Named [smilie=th_326db8b3]

This morning it is a small Tyler Warm Sugar Cookie candle in the bath and a HL tart in Peonies and Peaches ( this is one of my favorite scents--so unique.) Have a great day everyone.

I so agree about Peonies and Peaches. I only tried one melt, but I immediately wished I had more.

Happy Halloween!

This morning I'm melting

CYS - Brown Sugar Comfort Bread

SC - Southern Peach Cobbler

I have EE Vlad and DC Dracula and YC Beware! saved for tonight.

Have a spooky day.

Happy Halloween Everyone!

Looks a bit dreary here right now, hopefully the sun will come out, it is fairly warm though, good for those little trick or treaters.

Last nights melts was Monkey Farts from EW, probably the lightest tart I've ever had from Riss, but a nice fruity scent, and this morning its Pomegranate from Haileys.

Have a great day!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Yucky icky day over here. I'm hoping the sun will make an afternoon appearance so we can get in some good trick or treating this afternoon. Yesterday DD had 3 Halloween parties to go to...at her preschool, karate school, and at the high school for Safe Halloween. We carved our pumpkins before going to bed. It was a lot of fun.

Scented plans for today -

Tarts -

CFTKR - Halloween Spice, Boo Berry, Candy Corn, and Pumpkin Harvest Crumb Cake.

Candles -

Cider Donut (wick isn't doing it's job on this one), Fall Festival, and Orchard Pear.

Trep, I love your avatar.

Gail, I've had that happen too. I like spice but sometimes there is just something that makes it too sharp.

hope everyone has a nice weekend. It is a cool dreary day here. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous and seasonably warm and sunny. I always feel bad for trick or treaters when the weather is yucky. I remember one year in NY we had quite a snowstorm on Halloween that really put a damper on things.

for me it is just work tonight and since we set our clocks back an hour, that means 13.5 hrs of work. (Oh I hate it when we turn them back and I always have to work)

melting CFTKR cinnamon bun and mac apple in the LR

Bath-GHBT apple pumpkin butter

I'll put something really comforting in the bedroom when I take my nap before work today.