The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
PuppyLove

February's Fabulous Fragrances

Sounds like a disco ball is in order! Wonder what the principal would do if you started dancing down the hallway in time to the strobes! LOL!

Thanks Maggie-but its not as high faluting as it sounds! Small town atmosphere,wonderful lady owns it and has fabulous food! Thanks though-I have been trying to get my parents down here to try her for ages!

I hope everyone whose sick is feeling better soon!

Guest Anonymous

That reminded me of the false alarm I encountered at the airport. Not really fun......

Melting the raspberry cupcake from LOL, which is very creamy and sweet. I think it's getting a lot better after cured for a few days.

Good Morning Everyone!

Tarthound, Happy Belated Anniversary. I'm working on 19 years myself. Somedays it feels like forever, some days, like just yesterday!

Snowing again here, I just can't stand anymore!!!!!!!

Last nights melt was EW Midnight Pomegranate, another goody!

Sounds like a disco ball is in order! Wonder what the principal would do if you started dancing down the hallway in time to the strobes! LOL!

He would probably look something like this... :roll: but then again, he might do this... [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Ha! dancing may have been a good idea, but I went down to the office and faked a seizure instead! They finally got it shut off, thank heaven!!! [smilie=th_FULL_O17] Teachers get cranky when you mess with their routine... I am also switching melts, the berries and twigs was good, but the scent faded quickly. I put in LOL pumpkin cornbread.. I need comfort!

Today I am melting Candy Cane from Angie's.

Smells good but very very light.

Happy Anniversary Tarthound, I just passed the 20 year mark...time sure does fly!

Can't wait to try some of my new BizzyB's tarts.

Switching out two melters:

Sugared pear spice & Creamy Caramel

Banana Nut Bread

MaggieMae, I am holding the Cinnamon Strudel & Clementine Spice for tomorrow when there are no other scents going so I can get a really acurate sniff!

MaggieMae,

I am happy to report that the Cinnamon Strudel & Clementine Spice is a keeper!

[smilie=th_FULL_O17]

The scent is very pleasant. The clementine mixes wonderfully with the cinnamon scent.

I liked the Sugared Pear Spice & Creamy Caramel, but the Banana Nut Bread had an odd undertone I can't put my finger on. It wasn't a bad smell, but not what I expected for Banana Nut Bread.

In addition to the Cinnamon Strudel & Clementine Spice from BizzyBs, I have just added her Citrus Zest & Tart Cranberries in the DD's bathroom. I will be able to get a good review off of that, because that is a small closed room.

My house has an open floor plan for the family room, kitchen, dining room and entrance hall, with 10 and 12 foot ceilings! That is why I am so adamant about needing STRONG scents.

Kim,

I hope your little one gets over that nasty stuff quickly!

the berries and twigs was good, but the scent faded quickly

Darling - I just placed an order with Missys. Do you find this to be true of the rest of your order? Thanks.

toberetired-Darling might have been talking about Melissa's Berries and Twigs. I just had that one on too. The scent on that did fade quickly but still pleasant. This company is Melissa's Primitive Wicks and The one you are referring to is Missy's Tempting Tarts. HTH

I just placed my first order with Missy's Tempting Tarts and am hoping they are strong!

Just changed out Melissa's Berries and Twigs for EW Sugar Lips. This one is really nice so far.

Pretty much all of the scents that I've tried from missy's have been super strong, and last through 2 tealights, or all day in an electric melter. I don't think I've had a scent from her that I didn't like or was a dud. I'm a huge missy's tempting tarts fan! :lol: When my tax refund gets here (hopefully Friday) I'm going to have to have a little shopping spree. LOL! :oops:

Thanks for the feel better wishes for my Seth. He's almost 19, but i don't think they ever grow up to us moms and especially when then are so pitiful...My Dentist appt. turned into a 3 hour plus in the chair ordeal. i broke a porcelain tooth off of a bridge I have. It is silver in the back and porcelain front so of course they can't just patch the porcelain part that shows, but I need a whole new bridge. So after many shots, grinding down, more grinding, grind some more, and 2800.00 later I will have a brand new bridge with 3 purty porcelain teeth. Thank goodness they are back teeth, and they did fix me up with but a stellar temporary bridge until the real one is done. :oops:

Good afternoon peeps! :oops:

I have two of Carol's yummy scents melting right now....Apple Spice Cake and Iced Cherry Chip. However, they are competing with the pot of chicken soup I am making on the stove. My DH and boys love homemade chicken soup, so I make it quite often. It's so easy...just put a bunch of chicken parts in a pot and simmer the heck out of 'em! LOL! I do add celery,carrots, bayleaf, thyme etc. But really, you can't get much easier than chicken soup! My mom always made homemade dumplings for the soup too. Sometimes I do too, but usually just add some noodles during the last few minutes of cooking. YUM!

tarthound, wanted to wish you a belated Happy Anniversary! [smilie=th_00000020]

Kim, hope your DS feels better soon! [smilie=th_bb41]

Heidi, shopping spree sounds like fun! :lol:

darling, OMG about the fire alarm! I know how loud and deafening those things can be! [smilie=th_107]

I am going to need a [smilie=th_bb40] soon, the clouds are moving in and it's making me kinda droopy.

Kim, 5 inches of snow! Wow! We are getting some flurries here, but nothing major. We have gotten our share of the white stuff this winter. Stay warm and cozy dear!

Just lit my Warm Glow Oatmeal Raisin Cookie candle...

Kim, Hope your son feels better!

Heidi....blackberry fizz is one of my fav's from Missy! I started ordering from her a few months ago when I read your posts. I'm so glad I did. Most all I have tried have been strong except for Angel Food Cake and Twinkies. They were very light to me.

Today it's Lavender Apple from GHBT's. This is a good one! :oops:

Kim, hope your DS feels better soon! [smilie=th_bb40]

darling, OMG about the fire alarm! I know how loud and deafening those things can be! [smilie=th_bb41]

Can I just say... :oops: . I've just been catching up on the past four pages and then at the end, Aria perfectly summed up what I wanted to write.

btw, Aria, homemade Chicken Soup sounds so good on this windy day.

This afternoon I put on some old SH Orange Chiffon Cake. It was such an old clamshell that I put on 4 squares in two different melters. Right now it's all I can smell all over the house. I can't smell anything else. I didn't expect it to still be this strong and good. I've had it for so long. I may even blow one of the tealights out for a while and make it last.

I've also got WG Blueberry and CD Baby Bee Buttermilk, which was really good until the SH kicked everything elses booty.

My house has an open floor plan for the family room, kitchen, dining room and entrance hall, with 10 and 12 foot ceilings! That is why I am so adamant about needing STRONG scents.

Sure can relate mama! I have several rooms with 22 foot ceilings, so combine that with my LOVE of STRONG scents, and it is quite a quest. Did Bizzy's Pear work for you in a high ceiling room?

Just melting a few today since I'm expecting Crosscreek to arrive:

LOL ~ Bacon (OMG, but I had to try it)

BUSY BEE's ~ Satsuma type (turning off, but great..strong, big throw in standard room, & lasted 10 hours)

Shortie's~ Gardenia Lime

CFTKR ~ Cinnamon Rolls

Angies ~ Cinnamon Red Hots

Kim, hope your DS is better today, and that you found a good scent to clear that air.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi All! We've been busy today so not too much melting happening. Now that we're settled back at home I have Carol's Vanilla Insanity melting.

That chicken soup sounds delicious!

Kim, hope your DS feels better soon! [smilie=th_bb41]

darling, OMG about the fire alarm! I know how loud and deafening those things can be! [smilie=th_107]

Can I just say... :oops: . I've just been catching up on the past four pages and then at the end, Aria perfectly summed up what I wanted to write.

btw, Aria, homemade Chicken Soup sounds so good on this windy day.

This afternoon I put on some old SH Orange Chiffon Cake. It was such an old clamshell that I put on 4 squares in two different melters. Right now it's all I can smell all over the house. I can't smell anything else. I didn't expect it to still be this strong and good. I've had it for so long. I may even blow one of the tealights out for a while and make it last.

I've also got WG Blueberry and CD Baby Bee Buttermilk, which was really good until the SH kicked everything elses booty.

Hey Jules, no problem girlie! [smilie=th_bb40] Ummmm, what is CD? I probably know it, I am just having a blond moment...