The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
PuppyLove

February's Fabulous Fragrances

Everyone's scents sound fantastic...especially Sweet's Sugar Cake (a fav) and Red's Mandarin Cranberry...yummy!

Michele~ After hearing that Aria burned "How do I love thee?" this morning, I put mine on after work. I am getting a pretty big throw for one tart. Usually I put 2 of the same scent around the house to really throw, but this one seems to be kick'in.

I tried LOL's Creamy Raspberry Cupcake and I had to chuck it due to "majority rules"...I think it smelled a bit sour anyway, imo. [smilie=th_a194]

Maggie Mae and Aria- It must just be my nose then. I must be all scented out for today. I will try it again tomorrow.
Hi. I get better throw from my CYS when I use my tealight melter instead of the 24 watt. I think these melts seem to like the lower heat. I don't know for sure, but this works for me.

Good evening. I'm melting Carol's Marshmallow Ambrosia...yummy! I'm also melting some candles that a sweet friend of mine gave me today.

Jules, I did have the CYS tarts in the tealight melters. I could only smell these tarts faintly.

[smilie=th_a194]

Oh no. I don't know then. [smilie=th_scratch] Like you say , maybe start fresh tomorrow. [smilie=th_friends]

I am so excited, today I received my edocs for my trip to Hawaii in 2 months. 12 Hours of flying to get there, 13 coming back, I'm sure it will go fast though!

Have a great day all!

What's the occasion, sillysmom? Vacation?

Yes Jules, our annual spring break vacation. We'll be flying to Honolulu and boarding the NCL Pride of America. That will take us to 4 others islands after Honolulu. We are so looking forward to this vacation. We love to cruise and this will be our 5th time, but this is by far the most expensive cruise we've ever taken. I'm sure it will be worth it. Next year we plan on going back to Tennessee, Pigeon Forge to be exact. We've been there twice and we absolutely love it. Talk about going from one end of the spectrum to the other. Tennessee has been our most inexpensive vacations, and BY FAR, the most enjoyable. If you've never been to Dollywood, you must go, and Graceland too of course.

Tonight I'm melting Bizzy B's Berrynilla Surprise.

Well, good evening. I am going to give you a review of today's melts. It hasn't been a good day, in general.

[smilie=th_a194]

1. Bizzy Bs Gourmet Sugar Cookie & Cinnamon Red Hots

I put this in my family room melter. What I smelled was pleasant, but I could barely smell it. I placed another of the same just about 8 feet away in the kitchen. Nope, still, barely smell it.

2. GHBT - Delicious

Put this one in the kiddos bathroom. Wheeeee ooowww. I didn't like it, but I left it until she got home, because sometimes she loves things I don't like. She came home, walked into her bathroom, and came out and said "Ohmigawd! Get that OUT of there! It really was nasty to both of us. It made the bathroom smell like someone had just scrubbed the bathroom with industrial strength cleaners.

3. BizzyB's Appleberry Spice & Gourmet Sugar Cookie in the DDs bathroom.

That was 4 hours ago. I couldn't give you a review on it no matter how hard I tried. I just walked in there and you STILL can smell the Delicious that I dumped hours ago.

4. Changed out the family room/kitchen with CFTKR's Serendipity, expecting to end my frustration for the day. I have had good luck with most of hers. Nope. Again, pleasant smell, but faint.

Now I am wondering if my nose has just died. Uh, no, come to think of it, I sure can smell the Delicious! *LOL*

5. I then decided to throw BizzyB's Sugared Pear Spice & Creamy Caramel in an open melter in the kitchen/family room, and sat down to watch TV. Lo, and behold. I could smell it. Hallelujah! And not just smell it. It is delightful. Sweet, but not sickening sweet. I had it in my bathroom the other day, but never dreamed it would preform this well in my large open area.

Wish me a better melting day tomorrow. This is the worse one I have had since i started!

Have a nice evening all.

Trying to catch up on everyone's scents..there have been so many good ones! Todays melts have been really wonderful! Just to name a few:

EW ~ Banana Nut Bread, Citrus Linen H2O

CCCC ~ butterscotch brownies, lotus blossom, peppermint kisses, banana nut bread, fresh squeezed oranges.

I'll probably put on more floral and spicey fragrances late this evening. I'm having a ball going through so many new scents I have never tried before.

I sure love bakery, but I had no idea how good some of these floral scents were until so many CF friends made such great suggestions. [smilie=th_a194]

Sillysmom, Hawaii!!! How exciting!

Lana, I hate when I have a bad melt day! I tried Serendipity the other day in my tealight melter and got a decent throw from it, but perhaps my LR is much smaller than yours. Hope your melt day is much better tomorrow!

Tonight it's Carrot Cake from Crosscreek. I don't think it really smells like carrot cake, but I can smell the cream cheese frosting. I like it. I think I've melted it before, though I can't keep track of them all.

Sillysmom, That sounds like a wonderful vacation. I've never been to Hawaii, but hope to someday. I've been trying to think of what you can do during a 12 hour flight, but all I can come up with for that long is sleep. :lol:

We've been to Pigeon Forge twice but not to Dollywood yet. We always have fun there and we never leave without some taffy from one of the little candy stores.

I have FM Sacred Winds on this morning.

Have a great day, all.

Good Morning all!

This morning's melts are:

Christmas Cookie - YC

Strawberry Patchouli - CFTKR

I would like the Christmas Cookie better if it didn't have a pine smell to it as well. YC had packed the CC tarts together with the pine tarts and it has obviously corrupted the scent a bit. I think I'll call later and complain...

The Strawberry Patchouli is another winner from CFTKR.

Good Morning friends! :lol: I just love reading about everone's adventures in scent!!!

I have one of Deana's tarts in the melter this morning....Iced Lemon Biscotti....oh boy, it this one yummy!!!!!!

See everyone later!

Good Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffee]

Went crazy with the candles last night...Welcome Home by Bridgewater in LR, Key Lime Pie by CFTKR in DR, Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie by CFTKR in Kitchen, Kapalua Bay by Cozy Cootage in Bedroom (just wonderful) .

This morning I just have "Ah, My Beloved" in Kitchen and Vanilla Cola in LR both by CYS. I must say that the "Ah, My Beloved" is very soft. I can barely smell it. I have it in a tealight burner too. I usually use a 24 watt so it must just be a softer scent. I also have the Vanilla Cola in a tealight burner and it is throwing nicely. I wasn't sure about the name but I really like it.

This morning I've got Cinn Doughnuts from Missy's Tempting Tarts. Love this one!! Have a good day everyone!

Good morning, all! :lol: I'm not melting anything yet, so the only scent I'm smelling is my good old coffee and the laundry washing. Not a bad scent combo, but I'm ready for some melting. I need to ice the melters, and then I'll get everything started.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! I'm thinking of taking all 4 kids to the library. That should be an adventure. LOL! :P

Looks like everyone is busily melting this morning. Sounds good everyone.

I am melting Pink Grapefruit-Get Whipped

Fresh Fruit-Gentle Light

Haven't put anything else in yet.

I did pick up a new hurricane for my Warm Glow candle that was recommended-it looks great! Thanks! :lol:

Hope you have a great day!

This morning I am melting LOL's Really Red Velvet Cake...this is good and strong...this one has a red cherry scent to it...I think I like the plain ole rvc better.

Have a super day everyone!