The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
PuppyLove

February's Fabulous Fragrances

Hi everyone!

Beautiful day here in NY.

Last nights melts were YC Lilac Blossoms, not strong enough for me, and GHBT Tangerine Dreams, lovely tangerine scent with a great throw.

I am so excited, today I received my edocs for my trip to Hawaii in 2 months. 12 Hours of flying to get there, 13 coming back, I'm sure it will go fast though!

Have a great day all!

Here ya go Kim! I found this on allrecipes.com.....Snow Ice Cream

Ingredients:

1 gallon snow

1 cup white sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

2 cups milk

Directions:

1. When it starts to snow, place a large, clean bowl outside to collect the flakes. When full, stir in sugar and vanilla to taste, then stir in just enough milk for the desired consistency. Serve at once.

Remember!

Yellow snow is NOT caramel flavored!

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Kim, is DH gonna make you some snow ice cream? [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

I still have Blue Sugar going from Ten Digit and I have also started a melter in the kitchen with Baked Apple Pie also from Ten Digit....I've let these tarts cure for a couple of weeks and they seem stronger. They're all soy.

Maggie, I really love the soaps I got from Ten Digit....the Blue Sugar is strong and I am down to just a sliver left! I will definitely re-order.

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb] GOOD LORDY! I left the room to watch some kids in the library, and one of my students put in Melissa's Coconut Curry Custard. IT SMELLS LIKE FEET... dirty nasty sweating in the summertime feet! After I gagged and opened the window, we have dumped that and replaced it with LOL's Cranberry Apple Pie. Hopefully I will be able to breathe again soon

I will have to ask DH about the ice cream. i think you need to get the snow right after it falls. (Less pollutants), I guess. Too bad about the Coconut Curry Custard. My DH compares dirty socks, feet smell to parmesan cheese. Did it smell like parmesan cheese?

I understand that comparison, parmesean cheese often smells like vomit to me. This smelled like old stale sweat... you would not believe the colorful comparisons my boys were coming up with, defintely not appropriate. I am wondering if it was the curry, what is that supposed to smell like? I just bought it because it had coconut in it, and I usually love anything coconut.

I am so excited, today I received my edocs for my trip to Hawaii in 2 months. 12 Hours of flying to get there, 13 coming back, I'm sure it will go fast though!

Have a great day all!

What's the occasion, sillysmom? Vacation?

:lol: GOOD LORDY! I left the room to watch some kids in the library, and one of my students put in Melissa's Coconut Curry Custard. IT SMELLS LIKE FEET... dirty nasty sweating in the summertime feet! After I gagged and opened the window, we have dumped that and replaced it with LOL's Cranberry Apple Pie. Hopefully I will be able to breathe again soon
[smilie=th_f5a39fcb] Oh no! Tell us how it really smells. You'd think that Under the Boardwalk would smell bad too, but this one smells darn good. :lol:

Changed out the melters to -

CYS How Do I Love Thee?

CYS A Divine Rapture

This is a new company for me. They are smelling good already!

They have a great cold sniff but I don't seem to be getting much throw from these. Has anyone else had this happen?

Melting SH's Goblins Sin-O-Mon Sugar Cake. Another good one! Spog has fantastic bakery scents. :lol: Really enjoying my order - haven't found a dud in the bunch yet....

Everyone having snowy/freezing weather - stay safe & cozy warm. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Guest scentedstamper

We are getting ready for church, but my CBV arrived a little while ago . In the interest of "research" I just had to try some of it right away! I lit the Apple Strudel candle and it smells very much like Carol's sliceable loaf tart in the same scent, so.... it's good!!! It is burning very nicely. Also melting a tart in Cinnamon Gingerbread Cappuccino. (I think that's the name.) It was a small order, so the only other 2 items are tarts in Strawberry Kiwi and Tuscan Herb. The cold throw is fantastic!!! (No freebies in the box though) Gotta run!

Sheryl

That's so funny darling1. I LOVE Coconut Curry Custard!! I order it in the big bags! It probably is the curry you're smelling.......I panic when I start getting low on this one!! But.....no one else likes it! I am the only one. It's a very different scent. Maybe that's why I like it! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

After cleaning the upstairs all the melters up here got cleaned out, too.

Loft: Lavender Vanilla Sandalwood from LOL

MB: Cashmere & Silk from LOL

DS's room: Starry Nights from EW

DD's room: Heaven Scent from EW

Changed out the melters to -

CYS How Do I Love Thee?

CYS A Divine Rapture

This is a new company for me. They are smelling good already!

They have a great cold sniff but I don't seem to be getting much throw from these. Has anyone else had this happen?

Michele, I just melted How Do I Love Thee? this morning and it was fantastic....I used a tealight melter. Got two tealights out of it.

darling....lol about the Coconut Curry Custard tart!!! I've tried that one before from a different vendor-I think it may have been Candle Haven..she's .OOB now. But, I did not care for it either. cbgirl is right, it's very different!

Now, onto my own [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] scent for today.....I had LOL Winter Solstice melting for about 15 minutes and had to dump it! Blech! Not a scent for me! It smelled like burning rubber.

I now have Ten Digit's Baked Apple Pie from earlier and I also have a Warm Glow hearth candle lit...Oatmeal Raisin Cookie.