The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

On another note, I'm using up the last of my summer scents over the next few days. Today it's Sun & Sand, Ocean Mist, and Paradise (all from Crosscreek); High Voltage from Tuscadero's and Coconut Cream Cake from CFTKR.

Happy melting everyone!

[smilie=th_yeahthat]

What does High Voltage smell like? Is it a cinnamon scent?

Hi Jules, sorry I didn't get back to you - the end of August starts a real busy time for me, both at work and had home, so I can only check in on the forum very sporadically. Anyway, despite the name High Voltage is definitely not a spicy scent - it's very strong lemon/lime/citrus with a hint of fizz to it. Although Tuscadero's is a very hit or miss vendor for me, this is one scent that I really like.

Good morning! The kids (and I) start back our school year today. Gage is excited, but the two older ones aren't. LOL! Gosh, I'm soooooo thrilled that I don't have to wake them up at the crack of dawn to get on a school bus. Homeschooling definitely has its benefits. I'd need one huge cup of coffee dealing with 4 kids that early in the morning. [smilie=th_yeahthat]

So far, it's crosscreek's pink sugar in the computer room. I'm about to go into the living room to start reading with the kids, so I'll probably get the melter going in there, too.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Whew! I had a house fulll of teenagers since last night. They left an hour ago. Now I can relax. I've had Amish Friendship Bread from Grandma's Homebrewed Tarts going all day...strong and wonderful!

Dabba... I always have teenagers over my house... both my kids like to have friends over... it is nice to see them having so much fun... luckily I like their friends.... [smilie=th_yeahthat] ... but it can get really busy with a large group... have nice evening relaxing!

When my teen has her friends over, I pop in the Fruit Loops tarts ! I love to entertain them with these funky scents. Anything that smells like grape soda is another good one for the teen crowd , and Winter Candy Apple is usually liked, too.

Peach Jam Cheesecake-CFTKR: This one has a very good throw and is heavy on the sweet peaches and light on the cheesecake. It smells alot like canned peaches in heavy syrup, which is not a bad thing! I should've done more peach scents this summer!

Jason, I love peaches in the can..usually get the ones in light syrup, though, as I don't need the extra calories. I will have to get this scent from CFTKR. Thanks for the suggestion ! [smilie=th_yeahthat]

I second how good Carol's Peach Jam Cheesecake is. It's my all time favorite peach scent...definitely her best one!

Looks like I'll have to try Carol's Peach Jam Cheescake!

Right now I have Pink Sugar on and also still melting YC Blueberry Scone that I started last night.

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon

very scented today:

YC Stargazer Lily in entry

YCHoneysuckle in living room

unknown orange-cranberry in kitchen

YC Lilac in Fam room

sun and sand tealight in bathroom

Upstairs:

YC sun&sand/beachwalk swirl

beachwalk in bathroom

YC Autumn Wood in hallway

YC green Apple & Candle Haven Sun Diva in extra bedroom

Candle haven Coco-Lavender in bedroom

The sun diva and coco-lavender were freebies and I love them both.. [smilie=th_yeahthat] I love the wax too, it's so soft....

Blue Sugar from Almost Country Tart Warmers Etc (ebay). The only good ones I have had from her so far are Best Friends and Hummingbird. These are some that have been strong but only last about 4 hours. [smilie=th_yeahthat]

Whew! I had a house fulll of teenagers since last night. They left an hour ago. Now I can relax. I've had Amish Friendship Bread from Grandma's Homebrewed Tarts going all day...strong and wonderful!

Dabba... I always have teenagers over my house... both my kids like to have friends over... it is nice to see them having so much fun... luckily I like their friends.... :lol: ... but it can get really busy with a large group... have nice evening relaxing!

When my teen has her friends over, I pop in the Fruit Loops tarts ! I love to entertain them with these funky scents. Anything that smells like grape soda is another good one for the teen crowd , and Winter Candy Apple is usually liked, too.

My daughter's friends actually try to guess the scent when they come in...sometimes it's not that easy! :lol: They also say my teen smells like candles...Now how could that be bad? [smilie=th_yeahthat]

Finishing last night's Apple Jack from Buggytown. New vendor to me, I hope the rest of the tarts are as strong and long lasting as this one has been!

Blue Sugar from Almost Country Tart Warmers Etc (ebay). The only good ones I have had from her so far are Best Friends and Hummingbird. These are some that have been strong but only last about 4 hours. :lol:

I am also burning Almost Country Denim...It's Iced Orange Pineapple today and it is nice and strong but you know I never burn it past one tealight so I don't know how long it would go...I'm always anxious to start a different scent! [smilie=th_cc15]

Good morning all! This morning is Busy Bee's White Cake...nice go-to scent for me since I'm a Cake Fiend. [smilie=th_cc15] I'm cleaning up some 'old' tarts since I'm expecting my first Mookie Doodle order this week (I hope!) and my Tuscaderos order in a few weeks as well. On deck is Nene's Cake Batter!

Happy Monday!

Jewel

Hello.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Today I'm melting Rejuvinate scented melt from Candle Dippers. It's a fresh clean scent. Not bad. It's just ok.

Adding YC Dune Grass jar to my day, and another CD melt called Rainy Nights.

Got the kids off to school and now I have a couple of hours of peace and quiet before I go to work. Still melting Lemon Madeleines from CH downstairs, Country Clothesline from Gramma Fran's in the powder room, YC Berry Jam in my son's room and YC Black Raspberry in my daughter's room. Have a great Monday everyone!

Guest Doe

So far Banana Ivy from Busy Bee in Kitchen/Family room

and Orange pd cake from Nene's upstairs

House smells so good!!!

Guest stardustgirl

Day #2 for Georgia Peach from CBV in the living room... the peach scents seem to have a nice, long lifespan!

Alas, nothing in here. Too drafty for a tea light, and too dusty to not keep the windows open (I'm removing carpet and trim).

Guest Anonymous

Awhapui Seaberry - Gramma Fran's

Honeydew & Summer Berries - Tuscadero's

Breezy Meadows - Pure Scents (the last of this batch - I'll miss it)

Day #2 for Georgia Peach from CBV in the living room... the peach scents seem to have a nice, long lifespan!

Alas, nothing in here. Too drafty for a tea light, and too dusty to not keep the windows open (I'm removing carpet and trim).

Good luck with that carpet and trim removal. That is at is one tough job. I did a living room and three bedrooms and my knees and back were in bad shape. Sometimes when you want the hubby to get started on something, you have to just start it yourself! LOL

Sun and Sand from Melissas and it is wonderful!! VERY STRONG!