The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

Good Morning, We finally have our power back. Fay has decided she really likes Central Florida, Three days straight of heavy rains and strong winds. They say it will start moving North today but who knows. Not much sleep last night every half hour our weather radio goes off. Our schools are closed again today.

But anyway, I have melting from Candleberry Candle Co. Hot Maple Toddy. This is a very strong,comforting smell. You can smell butter, maple and brandy. I just love this one. Has anyone ever tried this Co before? I found a gift shop in a little town next us that sold the whole line. I will be going back to get some more.

Kathy

Kathy-Hope you get things back to calm today sometime!

Good morning everyone-

Another cool start to the day so I went with some earthy stuff.

Haunted House-Can Do version

Good Smellin Man-Can Do

Have a great day!

I'm not melting anything yet. I completely threw out my back again last night, and have pretty much been flat on my back ever since. I've messed myself up twice this month, which is very unusual for me. Ugh! I'm soooo frustrated. Thank goodness my 2 older kids (12 & 9) are helpful, and are helping out with the little guys (6 &4). I don't know what I'd do without them.

I'll try to get something melting in a little bit. Walking around is very difficult, but I'm longing for a good scent, so maybe I'll get one of the kids to get something going for me.

I hope you're all having a great day!

Kathy, I'm sorry Fay loves central Florida so much. It's amazing how much rain has fallen up there this past week. And still is. It's hard to entertain the kids inside too. Thank goodness for legos and board games.

I organized my main candle/melt cabinet today. I labeled a bucketload of clamshells on the ends so I can easily choose a scent. It was fun and looks really colorful. While doing that, I pulled out a few candles that I've been holding on to forever.

It's raining here again today too, so I put on those few saved candles from my exotic scent phase. :shock:

Voluspa - Hawaiian Maile Vine

Tocca - Cortina

Voluspa - Champaca Bloom & Fern

(these are all small travel sized and poured votive size, but packing a nice punch)

Heidi - I hope you are better soon.

Kathy - I am sure that you will be glad when Fay is gone. It's like she just wants to hang around forever.

I'm burning YC's Midnight Jasmine. I found a two-wick candle on sale this morning at Cracker Barrel and just had to have it. I love this scent.

Heidi-hope your back feels better soon.

I'm melting Butterscotch Brownies from Hodge Podge. We're leaving soon to go to my daughter's 5th grade orientation. After that we're off to the pool to celebrate the last day of summer. School starts on Monday!

Today I'm melting Red Velvet Cake from Nene's....great scent. In the bedroom I'm melting Vanilla Lime by Pure Scents. This is wonderful! :lol:

Just got another melter going with CHC Indonsian Cinnamon....love this scent...it is a must-have from Donna.

Guest Anonymous

Currently melting: Blueberry Lemon Verbena (CFTKR) and Torrential Rain (Grandma's Homebrewed Tarts). Both are fantastic.

Switched scents again for the evening - Southern Breeze (Tuscadero's) and Sea Blossom (Can-Do). Both are beautiful!

The Southern Breeze is actually one I'm thinking about trying. How do you like it, and is it a fall-like scent?

Actually, you can have what I have left then - My husband walked in and made a face and a 'comment' about it. It doesn't have many fans in this house, unfortunately. Oh, and it'sn ot fall-like at all. I got it for summer and I'd say it's a very sweet and soft combination of floral/fruit maybe?

OK, thank you! I'm sorry you're the only one that seems to like it.

Today I'm melting: Garden Terrace by Candle Haven, and Egyption Rose Geranium by Pure Scents. The Egyption Rose is a light scent, so this would probably work better in a smaller room or bedroom. I'm currently melting it in the kitchen and the Garden Terrace (in the living room) is overpowering it.

Oh Heidi, that's terrible! I hope you feel better very soon. DH's back was out last week - when it goes out sometimes he can't even walk. You have my sympathies, and thank goodness the kids are so helpful!

On another note, I'm using up the last of my summer scents over the next few days. Today it's Sun & Sand, Ocean Mist, and Paradise (all from Crosscreek); High Voltage from Tuscadero's and Coconut Cream Cake from CFTKR.

Happy melting everyone!

:lol:

Oh Heidi, that's terrible! I hope you feel better very soon. DH's back was out last week - when it goes out sometimes he can't even walk. You have my sympathies, and thank goodness the kids are so helpful!

On another note, I'm using up the last of my summer scents over the next few days. Today it's Sun & Sand, Ocean Mist, and Paradise (all from Crosscreek); High Voltage from Tuscadero's and Coconut Cream Cake from CFTKR.

Happy melting everyone!

[smilie=group_hug]

What does High Voltage smell like? Is it a cinnamon scent?

Afternoon melt is acorn harvest from Mamas Country Shed...can't really smell it...would not reorder from this vendor. I think I'm going to burn my YC Autumn Leaves candle.

Came home and tried YC Cafe au Lait--already dumped it--I think I am just not a coffee scent lover. This one isn't bad but just not for me. Switched to Crosscreek Granny's Zucchini Bread--the family is gone until tomorrow and they hate this one but I love it. Also am trying an Autumn Harvest candle upstairs from Huckleberry Layne. Have a great evening everyone.

I couldn't stand not melting any longer, so I had to get up and start crosscreek's pink sugar cake. Yum! Now, I'll be able to enjoy sitting on the couch for the rest of the evening with this icy hot on my back. Hopefully I'll be able to smell the tart over this darn thing, though. Man, it's got the strongest menthol scent ever. LOL! [smilie=group_hug]

Nothing like a little Pink Sugar Menthol Cake, Heidi!!

Hope you are getting some rest!

Put on Pumpkin Cheesecake-Melissa's a little while ago. I think I am going to have to let these sit and see if it has an impact-not getting much of a throw.

Have a great evening and weekend!

I am letting my Melissa's order sit also...In fact I've gotten the way I let all my orders sit for a while before i start melting them. It makes a difference! Evening and overnight melt is Dusty mexican morning from Texas Scentsations [smilie=group_hug]