The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

Hey Cheryl. From one mom of a sweetie to another...don't take it back. The things that you think the Little Ones don't notice they always notice. My suggestion is to display it somewhere and not burn it. If they ask you why you're not using it, tell them that you want to save it because it's such a beautiful gift. I'm sorry that you don't like Cherry Lemonade. I happen to love it but it's one of those scents that you either love or hate.

I just started melting Banana Tree Parfait...one of my favorite non-banana nut bread banana scents.

I just saw what Sweet & Spicey said, and that's a good idea too. Maybe, remove the label. They may have purchased the candle based on the label. Those YC labels are my all time favorite labels.

Since yesterday was my birthday(thanks for the goodies and birthday wishes) my 2 boys got me a large jar of cherry lemonade YC. You should have seen their 10 and 3 year old faces when I was opening it up.

Candle= 20 bucks

look on my boys faces= priceless

It's good to be a mommy

Cheryl

Cheryl, I'm sorry the candle smelled so bad, but look at the above, and I think you can decide for yourself what to do. Everything my kids have given me over the years hold such a special place in my heart. If you decide to keep your candle, you'll have a cute story to tell them when they get older. It may just be the candle itself, so if you do take it back, you may find one exactly like it that smells better.

This evening I am starting with Brown Bag's Peppermint Twist.This is a first try from them, and it's a really good peppermint and doesn't make my eyes burn at all..very nice one!

Cheryl, you may want to cold sniff one at the store, too, just to make sure that you didn't get one that was "off"! [smilie=th_LaLaLa] Maybe it is just not your kind of scent, but I had a citrus candle that was really bad a few months ago. The replacement was burnable. I could still smell the odd scent a little, but overall the new one was better!

Today has been Soy Lovely: Avocado and Cilantro

HELP candlefind friends. The big jar candle from YC my boys bought me for my birthday smells awful. Kind of like a cross between medicine and rubber burning. I don't know if I should take it back, exchange for the same or different scent? Or, don't take it back and bear through the stench for the boys. Any helpful tips?

Cheryl

I would not, under any circumstances, return the candle. Remember the looks on the boys faces? Maybe the boys would understand and maybe they wouldn't and I just would not take that chance. Just a candle would not be worth possibly imprinting a bad memory in either one of their minds. I just couldn't think of possibly hurting one of their feelings.

Just the opinion of a mother of six.

Good morning.... my children start school today... both are in high school this year.... the first day of school is always hard... they grow up so fast... it seemed like yesterday when my baby started kindergarten... now he is starting high school... both children had a nice summer... they are growing up to be wonderful young adults... wishing them and all the children going back to school a great school year!

I have a busy morning... but will probably continue to use up some of my summer scents this afternoon...

Have a great day everyone!

Guest Anonymous

Good morning - Using up the last Apple Pie from Dew Drop Scents for work. After that I'm just working on the rest of the summer scents through this weekend. Come Monday morning, it's going to be an apple-fest around here!

Fleur, My oldest just started middle school. I can't even think about high school yet. Yikes! But it happens. Doesn't it. You blink your eyes and they've grown.

Every time my boys get haircuts they look another year older.

This morning I am trying out another Front Porch scent in Watermelon Cotton Candy. I am much happier with my scent choices in this order than the first time I tried FP. Service was great both times.

Good morning!

Fleur, I hope your kids have a great first day of high school, and all the other kids have great first days, too!

Cheryl, I agree I would also display it somewhere and tell the kids you want to save their gift. I personally like cherry lemonade from YC, but it's funny, when I first started burning my jar candle I thought it smelled kind of strange, too. After I had burned it down some it started to smell better to me. But I do remember as a young child (and even now!) my mom would return and exchange some gifts I got her and it broke my heart :lol:

Melting CFTKR Pumpkin Roll in kitchen, Laundry Day in bath, and Morning Glory Honeysuckle in bedroom

Have a great day everybody!

Sharon

Good morning!

Good luck to all of those children who are going back to school! I homeschool, so I don't have to send them off, but I still find it hard to believe that I have a 7th grader this year. Time goes by so quickly.

So far, it's fruit punch from yc simply home in the computer room, and pink sugar cake from crosscreek in the living room. I'm still icing the other melters, so I'll get them going when they're ready.

Well, I need to get these kids of mine started on their school work, so I'd better scram. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Good Morning!

I have burning a Fruit Slices candle from PI. Smells good in here. Good Luck to all the children starting school today. Time does go by very quickly. I just dropped my youngest off to college last week. It is so hard to believe she is 18 already. Enjoy the younger years while you can. :lol: :

here at school i had a Cottage Hills maple sugar candle going for a couple hours. Now it's a pillar from Blue Moon...forget the name, but it's wonderful. Later I'm melting Can-do banana nut bread. :lol:

Morning all-

Hope all the back to schoolers have a smooth morning and day!

Cheryl-

I would run by the store and do a sniff test. If it is the candle that is bad-make for an exchange while the boys are at school. If it is just the scent that you don't care for-don't exchange it. Either way-they will not get their feelings hurt. But,if it smells like burnt rubber-there may be health risks involved-rancid oils,etc.

This morning I am burning a couple of candles-woke with a monster headache,so I don't want strong scents.

Today I am melting Coffee Cake from Candle Haven.....smells yummy as usual! It's a bit rainy and dreary here and this scent smells warm & cozy!

Think I will melt Lessie's Prim Wishes later tonight.....I am going to miss this scent.... :lol:

Melting Hazelnut Creme from Mainstays in two burners downstairs. Nice throw, good scent. Pretty impressed with these .33 tarts.