The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

I am burning a candle from Front Porch in lemonberry crumble. It is amazing!

I'm glad to hear that dabba because I ordered it last week. I'm looking forward to receiving my order.

Today I'm melting Cranberry Mandarin from Mainstays (Walmart). I continue to be surprised at how strong these tarts are. Some of the scents haven't lasted that long but for 33 cents I'm not complaining.

In the kitchen and LR it's Grandma's Kitchen from Hodge Podge. YC Black Raspberry and YC Berry Jam still going strong in the kids' rooms! These are both true berry scents and mingle together nicely.

Guest stardustgirl

Shortie's Cinnamon Apple (or is that Apple Cinnamon?) is re-melting today. It's competing with the paint stripper which oddly enough has the same consistency and scent as a whipped topping :?

Tart labeled "Energizer"...alas...no vendor. Lemony!

DH is heading out of town for a few days - to a town where there is a Walmart...trying to get the nerve to ask him to pop in and pick up a few Mainstays so I can give 'em a whirl... (Any scents you would not recommend? Although this may be pushing it to ask him to pick through them and only get certain scents!)

I've got a few candles going today.

Theya are all being out-scented by the HoT Bergemot Ginger & Pink Sugar from yesterday! I have relit this one tart three times and it is still fresh and strong. I love this one.

Tart labeled "Energizer"...alas...no vendor. Lemony!

DH is heading out of town for a few days - to a town where there is a Walmart...trying to get the nerve to ask him to pop in and pick up a few Mainstays so I can give 'em a whirl... (Any scents you would not recommend? Although this may be pushing it to ask him to pick through them and only get certain scents!)

If your DH is willing to go to Wal-Mart to get you some tarts then I'd probably just tell him to get a couple in every scent. :? The only one I've melted that I didn't get much scent from was Apple Pie. I also thought it smelled more like cherry pie, which was fine, just not what I was expecting. The Cotton Fresh and Garden Rain are both wonderful, IMO.

What is wrong with my Wal-Mart? They still didn't have any tarts the last time I was there. They had all of their fall/pumpkin candles out, but no tarts. I have to go by and pick up a few things today, so I will look again. There are a zillion Wal-Marts in the metro area, maybe I should go to a different one.

Today I put on Berry Sweet Cakes from CFTKR. It smells very nice with notes of cherry and vanilla coming through the strongest with just the right amount of cake scent to it.

I agree with Mainstays Cranberry Mandarin, it smells really nice. I melted it for about 6 hours on Sunday. I tried some of my new metls from Melissa's I like them but they sure don't last. the three that I melted did not even make it through one tealight, but maybe I need to let them cure a bit,not sure. But I changed out melters to CFTKR, Pumpkin bread and Christmas Time.

Jason, I have two Walmarts near me and only one of the stores has the tarts. Go figure.

Kathy

Just popped in to say hi-still remodeling and busy!

Melting-Angie's Coco Cabana

Can Do-Fresh Linen

Can Do-Paradise Island

Hope everyone is having a good week!

I'm surprised that the Hazelnut Cream didn't have a throw for you, Dabba. That is the main one I wanted to try as it was the only Mainstays candle that had a good throw for me.

When I tried the hazelnut cream, I had it in a 15 watt electric melter, and the scent lasted for the whole day, and had a great throw. Maybe you had a dud, Dabba. Try it out anyway, Jason. You can't go too wrong for 33 cents. LOL!

Guest Anonymous

Melting HOT's white chocolate pumpkin cafe. Soooooo good! Gotta try Starbucks pumpkin coffee this fall!

Melting HOT's white chocolate pumpkin cafe. Soooooo good! Gotta try Starbucks pumpkin coffee this fall!

Oh Sweet. I got that one too. It's very good indeed. I wouldn't have put those together but it works beautifully.

I've added Nocturn from CYS this evening. It's Sandalwood, Dk. Chocolate, vanilla musk