The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Sizzling Scents

Happy Friday everyone. I'm melting CYS Blood Orange Pineapple Buttercream today. I've been sick lately but feeling a little better today. Gotta recover soon because I'm taking care of a friend post-surgery tomorrow and seeing the in-laws Sun-Mon-Tues.

Laurie - [smilie=th_1_bigone110] what an opportunity for your DS...I bet he had a fantastic week! Awww....your poor pup. I've never counted em & didn't know they even had that many teeth. I 'spose it'll B soft food 4 him now?

Stella's back, too! :thyay: Hope you're feeling much better!

[smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whol Jennifer! Sounds like you've caught the waxie fever, huh? [smilie=yes]

Christy - Hope U wake up feeling all better tomorrow! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

I'm melting a homemade Sugar Milk tart from a talented & generous CF buddy. [smilie=th_wave] Smells sooooo good! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

[smilie=th_bb20] Why does it seem to take forever for Friday to get here, but Monday morning comes so quickly? [smilie=th_scratch]

Hello CandleFriends!

Another stormy late-afternoon here so I had the computer off for awhile.

heavy_rain.gif

DS's ceremony at the Flight Academy went well, that's really a great program and I'm glad he had the opportunity to attend.

[smilie=th_shewiggle]

Thanks for the concern about Tippi, she's a tough old girl. I think the greyhounds are used to pain from their former racing life, she's really doing well and not much sign that anything happened to her, she is on soft food tho and may always be. I thought 25 extractions was excessive myself, I looked it up and they actually have 42 teeth! She's had extractions in the past, so I'm not sure how many are actually left - not too many!

[smilie=th_confused3]

I didn't change out any warmers today, I went with candles instead.

Citrus Cooler by Morenci, which I started last night when DH funked up the kitchen by using the deep fryer. ack

[smilie=th_gagme]

I added Beach Blue from Yankee, I do have to say so that I find so many YC a disappointment in the throw department, this only smells when you get right up on it. The Morenci, however, is throwing orange bliss all over the house!

[smilie=snoopy]

I hope everyone has a

[smilie=th_goodnight]

Hi, everyone! We went to ID to visit family for a few days and just got back home this evening. My 13 year old niece made the looong 12 hour ride home with us. Her and my 14 year old DD get along great and they've been looking forward to this time together all summer. I plugged in a melter as soon as I got home and threw in a couple cubes of Vanilla Walnut from Scentsy.

Hello, girls!

It's been a crazy day of running all around town ending with a pick-up of DH from the airport. I plan to stay home ALL weekend. I've had my share of being "out there", thank you very much [smilie=yes]

Welcome to our group, Jennifer! This is such an awesome place to hang out. Hope you like it here, too. :)

Maggie ~ Happy Birthday to your DH, but I'm with you on the clams. Ick

FP Blackberry Bread Pudding

Scentsy Newborn Nursery

CCCC Buttercream Drizzled Zucchini Bread ~ disappointed in this...can only smell it when I get very close to it

TBG Guava Berry Gelato ~ day 2 in my meditation room and still smells really nice

Hope you all have had a good Friday!

Good Morning!

Planning to be at the grocery store when they open at 7am this morning. Friday is my weekly trip, but I got sidetracked yesterday and have to go today, which I hate. I use so many coupons that I try and go on off-hours to avoid the dirty looks, sighs and comments from the people in behind me in line.

:(

Changed out my living room and hall warmer to Purple Cow by Butterfly Lane

and my kitchen to Holy Purple Cow by Taras Candle Cottage

I was wondering what was the difference, so I looked up the description of the one from Taras: 50% Purple Cow 20% Raspberry Zinger 30% Cake Batter Ice Cream

I have no idea how I ended up with this one because the last ingredient would have been a total turn-off for me, but I'm gonna give it a chance, can always chuck it out later, right?

;)

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

th_oregonian_mornincoffee.gif Good morning!

I am starting off with VDC Strawberry Jam Zucchini Bread th_FULL_O17.gif I love how she even puts details into her scent shots. This has little wax strawberries embedded in it. I will attempt to post a picture. I apologize for it being blurry, I took it with my prehistoric phone th_foolish1.gif It looks better in person - so adorable!

scup.jpg

Laurie - I'm a fan of Morenci candles, 2! [smilie=th_sign0162]

Shortygal - That scent shot looks amazing! How R U liking her tarts? I was waiting until it got cooler to check out her waxies, but, I'm off to check em out now! [smilie=th_snoopy] No harm in looking... [smilie=th_c032]

I'm melting Swan Creek's Dutch Apple Pie. Luv!!! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

So, I have found the two vendors that work the best for me on the first floor are CFTKR and Haley's Heavenly Scents. I don't seem to have the same issues when it comes to fall and winter scents by the way. But, I have been plotting orders from these two vendors all morning. I am still gonna hold off for a while though! [smilie=th_sign0164]

Anyone else have issues like this? Or is it just me? :wub:

Jennifer

P.S. You know what else throws amazing on my first floor? The Better Homes and Gardens Tarts from Wal-Mart. Always amazes me!

My rooms are all different, too! Drives me a little crazy and I have learned to make notes of where different tarts do best. My home office was particularly frustrating...seemed like the scent would travel from there to other rooms but not to where my desk is (and where I sit all day long). I finally found the "sweet spot" for melters there which is actually on the floor near the window...now I can get scent at my desk. [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

Definitely for me, certain vendors and/or tarts work better in some rooms than in others.

As for today, I started with Wisteria (Shayz) and dumped it right away...it had a jasmine note that was not good for me. I changed to Pink Linen Sheets (Shayz) which is one of my favorites. Also got Shampure (CFTKR) going in my bathroom, Zucchini Yum Yum (FP) still going from yesterday in the powder room, and Velvet (Dream Tarts) in another room. Velvet is described as a "manly scent" - it smells like perfume to me (nice perfume)!

That VDC tart does look good, shortygal201!

Good morning...

Melting Lemon Lava Cake from YOCC and Roasted Espresso from Swan Creek...lovely, just lovely. hearts.gif

I took a peek at the SC website to see if they had any new Fall scents listed yet. Nothing yet, but they are offering the 10 oz. Drizzle Melts again for a limited time. Just sayin'....whistling.gif

Ozzy had his second session of obedience class this morning and he is all worn out now. Sleeping like a log...Emoticon-Snoopy.gif

Okay, friends, have a fantastic Saturday! Hugs to everyone! group5.gif

Today I've put on The Bathing Garden's olive lemon grove and still have her sugared pie crust going strong from yesterday.

Good morning melting watermelon from Victorias designer and spiced apple and peaches from a wonderful person who makes the greatest scents

Welcome Back Stella!!! :hello: Hope you are feeling better!!!

Shortygal~ Thanks for posting that picture! It looks gorgeous...I love looking at pictures of her stuff... [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] So beautiful!

Mpfand~ Sounds like a nice family get together! Welcome home! :)

Tried a mix this morning that was so YUCKY....

Dream Tarts Valencia Mocha (don't know why I ordered this since I am not a chocolate fan) so I mixed it with SC Roasted Espresso....still smelled like chocolate..so out it went. :(

Now it's:

LSC Honey Maple Bread...this 1 tart should do the trick.

Have a good one. :)

From my recent Cheryl's order.

Kitchen and Den - Festival of Lights

Bath - Bamboo Blossom

Bedroom - Birds of Paradise

This was my first order from Cheryl's and while these melts are really good, they don't seem to be real strong but I just put them on 30 minutes ago so we will see. Also, I find it harder for me to smell in the summer with the A/C than in the winter with the heat.

This was my first order from Cheryl's and while these melts are really good, they don't seem to be real strong but I just put them on 30 minutes ago so we will see.

My Cheryl's (from June 15) so far have not been strong, either - like you, I found the scents themselves to be good, though. I've decided to let them cure for a couple of more weeks before I melt anymore and see if that helps. Even though my TBG melts have mostly thrown very well from day 1, I found that the throw is super huge now that I've saved some for over two months. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Cheryl's! It could be just the scents I chose - in my first CFTKR order, some melts were light but some of them are among the strongest I've tried.

Today I added Shayz Pink Lemons - really nice! My dd has been burning a Shayz Pink Sugar Candle and she says it is good :).

th_sHellobar.gif

I am melting Marshmallow Key Lime from BL th_thumbs20up.gif

As far as VDC goes, her stuff is so cute and detailed, you almost feel bad melting some of it lol. I just got my order yesterday, so I have not melted much. Cold sniffs are good and my tart from this morning smelled great :)

trep - Iced Carrot Cake? My kinda scent!! Was the cold sniff spicy and can you smell frosting?

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!

Hi everyone. Burning: Vanilla Bean Noel from BBW, mini. We had a family reunion today, we always have a auction, and some brought a yankee electric melter, a Christmas one, I got it for $1.00 [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

shortygal201--the Iced Carrot Cake smells quite spicy on cold sniff--especially if you take the wax out of the package and sniff the bottom--you can smell a lot of nutmeg in particular--the top has the vanilla/cream cheese notes. I am hoping we like this. DH will be the test as if he walks in the house and starts sniffing the air that means it is a no go. I will have my fingers crossed but right now I have the wax out of the package and with it just sitting here at the computer it smells just like a freshly baked carrot cake with lots of delicious cream cheese frosting. Hope you can find it soon at your store. Our store also had a bunch of scents that were on sale--no doubt to make way for more new ones. Here is a list in case some of your favorites are included and you want to stock up.

Wild Thing

Cafe au Lait

Lemongrass Verbena

Pomegranate Passionfruit

Green Apple

Spa

That was how I noticed the carrot cake one--I was checking out what was being discontinued. Our store was out of most of the sale ones, anyway, but I always check and there was the carrot cake. A few warmers were on sale also so it might be worth a trip as each store has different things and you might just find a bargain. Nancy

For this evening I have added BH&G Warm Vanilla Cream.

That VDC melt looks adorable. Is it hard for you to melt the pretty ones?

I've been enjoying a candle from Pure Integrity today. Woodstock scent.

For tonight I put a Ten Digit Creations melt in. It's Sparkling Citrus but it has a definite floral note. I do like it and it's strong too.

Been quite the long day! But I have had 2 downstairs melters and 1 upstairs melter going all day.

Downstairs: Blue Bonnet by Haley's Heavenly Scents (Love!)

Upstairs: Blue Skies by Nene's Kitchen Melts. Love as well!

Have my warmers already for tomorrow! I think the Blue sky will last another day, but I have Sweet Pea by Buggytown ready for tomorrow downstairs. i am pretty sure it isn't going to throw enough for me downstairs.....but we will see.

Goodnight all!

Jennifer