The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Sizzling Scents

Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

For today, it's...

Sniff My Tarts Pink Sugar Baby and another one from them that was unmarked

TBG Guava Berry Gelato

LSC Sweet Potato Souffle

Stay cool everyone! :D

Ice skating in August, Aria? That sounds like a great idea. Gotta love living in this modern world.

I added Candledippers - Lemon/Lime to the mix today. Yowza!

:hello:

Went down to the fish market to get clams and scallops for the old DH birthday today. He loves steamed clams. [smilie=th_u53] to me...but he's the birthday boy so clams it is. ;) Also made some homemade NE Clam Chowder. [smilie=th_aa17]

Trying not to clash too much with the fish scents so I'm going with lemon.

Shady Mountain Lemon Sugar Cookie

Ava's Citrus Sugar Cake

Have a good one. :)

th_sHellobar.gif

I'm melting Apple Orchard from HHS :)

Aria - It was the right scent, I guess it is a perfume dupe. The description sounded nice, but too much perfume smell for me.

Maggie - th_1819.gif to your DH!!

Aria - It was the right scent, I guess it is a perfume dupe. The description sounded nice, but too much perfume smell for me.

Shortygal - I wanted to like that one...probably cuz it had cake in the name :lol: , but it was 2 perfumey 4 me, 2. :wacko:

MaggieMae - [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d to your DH! Do U know U always refer to him as the 'old DH'? [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] Just wondering how near he is 2 U in age... [smilie=th_5337c1ad]

I'm remelting yesterday's LSC's Apple Butter Pound Cake. Her tarts really do last a long time [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04 , and after 4 hours, still had lots of scent left....can't let it go to waste. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Thanks Shortygal and Sweet for the bday wishes! :thwetkissf:

[smilie=yes] Yes, Sweet...I do call him the "old DH" but that refers to his attitude rather than his years [smilie=th_aa17] ...he is only 2 years older than me. Of course, it might have something to do with him always calling me "his old lady".... [smilie=th_foolish1]

Still melting the same scents as earlier but changed the upstairs melter to Wildflowers from Almost Country - out of my swap box. :)

[smilie=th_blij12]

Evening Everyone!

Thank you all for the warm welcome back - you are all so very kind here!

[smilie=th_aa18]

We had a heck of a thunderstorm here today - so much lightening, it was skeery! Didn't lose power, tho which was surprising.

Today I am melting Biolage by Tara's Candle Cottage in 3 warmers, I adore this scent!

I have Sweet Dreams by OMG in my bedroom, after a fail with Blue Lagoon by Nene's (no throw)

Green Apple Explosion & Orchid Rain, both by Pics, Petals & Scents in 2 of the bathrooms - this vendor has been pretty much a bust - very faint throws

Bamboo Laundry by Front Porch in my bathroom

It's been a busy week here - my dog went to the vet and ended up with 25 teeth pulled

[smilie=th_a136]

My oldest DS, Devin, has been at National Flight Academy camp all week, he won a scholarship by writing an essay - tomorrow morning is his "graduation" ceremony.

Hope everyone has a good night!

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Hey Laurie!

[smilie=th_CONGRA34] to your DS...a great acomplishment!!!

Poor puppy...I feel so bad for them without their teeth. [smilie=th_huganimal] How is he/she doing? Daisy had most of her teeth out too...now her tongue sticks out to the side a little.

Put LSC Fried Apple French Toast in all 3 melters... [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] amazing. Must get a boatload of this.

Hi Everyone! Taking a break from my Olympics viewing to check in and see what everyone is melting.

Tonight I have Pier One Imports Citrus Cilantro in my melter. I didn't realize the store was even selling clamshell tarts or scented oils until I browsed in there the other day. The tart is nice and strong, I'm happy to report!

Good Friday morning! Just started my melter with something from my recent Haley's order Spiced Cranberry Zucchini Bread. I'm sure I will love it as I love Spiced Cranberry and Zucchini scents.

- Earthan Oak (LSC) - nice

- Zucchini Yum Yum (Sniff My Tarts) - this was a freebie & I can't find a scent description...it smelled like cinnamon cold but it is melting in my 15 watt warmer and now smells like lightly spiced zucchini bread and corn kernels (not sugary or cinnamony) - I like it! Can anyone else report on this one?

- Warm Vanilla Sugar and Pink Sugar mixed (Sniff My Tarts) - I just don't like Warm Vanilla Sugar anymore...used to love it. Mixed with Pink Sugar it is fine (not very strong, though, even with two tarts together...so I just added another Pink Sugar :)).

- Cranberry (Shayz) :)

good morning

Melting Ice Cream Scoop Bread from WAHM and added a few of Nene's Bake Shoppe crumbles...another great combo!

Jules, ice skating is a great way to cool off on a hot afternoon!

Laurie, sorry about the doggies teeth...ouch. I can't wait until Ozzy gets his big boy teeth because his puppy teeth are razor sharp!

Have a great day

Hi all! Longest time lurker, but never really jump in. Trying to fight back an order, so thought maybe just talking about tarts will help me from ordering right now! [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

I am a seasonal melter so I am deep in florals, cleans and fruits right now. I keep telling myself I must get through my stash of these before I can start thinking fall melting! Our kids go back to school on August 15. Once that happens, you know I am going to be feeling fallish.

So, today, I have the following going:

Blue Bonnett (CFTKR)

Honeysuckle (CFTKR)

Sweet Orange Chili Pepper (Country Home Scents) - Can't beleive how much I am really enjoying this!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Jennifer

Good Afternoon all.

[smilie=th_sHellobar] Jennifer! Glad you are joining in...always great to meet someone new!!! What vendor are you trying "not" to order from? ;)

Thanks Debra...it worked out well with the fish. LOL

Still have the LSC Fried Apple French Toast going...it went all night and I just can't toss it yet. It's fading a little but I gonna try to squeeze all I can out of it. [smilie=yes]

Upstairs it's:

LOL's Lily of the Valley out of my swap box. Strong and beautiful. Thanks! :)

Have a good one. :confettistars: It's Friday...

91.gif Welcome Jennifer! Glad you decided to jump in and chat with us! I love CFTKR!

Maggie, hi there girlie...hello-chick.gif

Just started another melter upstairs with CFTKR Shampure...love

The boys and I are heading out to lunchth2lwp3r4.gif and we'll stop and get a few groceries on the way home.

Super hot and humid here todayWE1SweatingHL3.gif...staying in the AC! icecubesmiley.gif

Thanks for the warmth guys! I just swapped out my bluebonnets for Apple blossom from Country Home Scents. I think the tarts from Country Home scents are just the cutest things ever and I am always so drawn by their cuteness. They smell great and do fabulous in terms of throw in my bedroom. Unfortunately, my downstairs is a very open floor plan and I have found it takes just the right tart to give off a good throw on the first floor. Unfortunately, the florals, fruits and cleans from Country Home just don't work for me down here. It bums me out, b/c they are so DARLING! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

So, I have found the two vendors that work the best for me on the first floor are CFTKR and Haley's Heavenly Scents. I don't seem to have the same issues when it comes to fall and winter scents by the way. But, I have been plotting orders from these two vendors all morning. I am still gonna hold off for a while though! [smilie=th_sign0164]

Anyone else have issues like this? Or is it just me? :wub:

Jennifer

P.S. You know what else throws amazing on my first floor? The Better Homes and Gardens Tarts from Wal-Mart. Always amazes me!

[smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whol Jennifer!!

I am really enjoying my tarts so far from Butterfly Lane. Have a great one going since this morning-Marshmallow Lemon Cookies. Love it!! I will change it out soon.

I am also remelting LOL Kayleigh Blossoms.

Maggie, hi there girlie...hello-chick.gif

[smilie=The_Hi] Hi ya Aria!!!

I think the tarts from Country Home scents are just the cutest things ever and I am always so drawn by their cuteness. They smell great and do fabulous in terms of throw in my bedroom. Unfortunately, my downstairs is a very open floor plan and I have found it takes just the right tart to give off a good throw on the first floor. Unfortunately, the florals, fruits and cleans from Country Home just don't work for me down here. It bums me out, b/c they are so DARLING! You know what else throws amazing on my first floor? The Better Homes and Gardens Tarts from Wal-Mart. Always amazes me!

I love Country Home Scents too Jennifer! I don't have an open floor plan so I have always had super strong throws from them...I just put the same scent in the LR, FR and kitchen and I'm good to go. Actually, sometimes that can be too strong! I totally agree with ya on BH&G stuff...excellent.

I am really enjoying my tarts so far from Butterfly Lane. Have a great one going since this morning-Marshmallow Lemon Cookies. Love it!! I will change it out soon.

[smilie=th_yay] Yay...that's a great one!

Changed out the downstairs melters a little while ago...

CFTKR Strawberry Suga...Not a big strawberry fan but this is nice...shockingly it's a bit light.