The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Sizzling Scents

Good Morning, all--we got 6/10" of rain last night and this is the first time in 3 months that we have not been under a heat advisory. It is only going to last for one day and we will still be about 90 but after 108 again yesterday I will take it and be thankful.

I have been remelting Warm Vanilla Cream from last night and just now added Sizzlin' Cinnamon (both Scentsationals/BH&G). Have a great day everybody!

I'm melting Scentsy's Hazelnut Latte. Great coffee scent for the morning. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Guess I like the coffee scents mostly in the morning cuz that's the only time I drink it. [smilie=th_blij51] It's so humid this morning I almost didn't make any, but I'm hoping the caffeine will get my rear in gear. :)

Have a great day everyone! [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

Great thread title, Sweet!

Terrific to see you both back here, Stella and Laurie. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Welcome, Jennifer!

I'm melting Can-Do's Coco Mint Frost. I'm sure treatin' myself well this mornin', I must say! [smilie=th_laughing]

Gail

Good Afternoon - hope everyone is enjoying the weekend . . .

I got a wonderful care package from a caring friend and today my house is filled with the scents of her awesome goodies:

Pink Pepperberry, Ocean, Summer Breeze, Pink Flip Flops, Strawberry Rhubarb and Strawberry Musk

It smells divine in here!

[smilie=cloud_9]

I got some bad news about my greyhound that just had all the teeth removed, she had a growth in her mouth which was biopsied - and I got the call yesterday that is squamous cell carcinoma, the prognosis is very poor. Tippi has always been my husbands "special" dog, he picked her (or she picked him, rather!) at the Greyhound Pets of America meet and greet where we got her. She will be 10 years old in November - a good retirement life, but not long enough.

[smilie=th_smiley-crying]

Switcheroo for this afternoon...

CFTKR

Sugar Cookie Latte

Glazed Cinnamon Donuts

Humidity has gone way down and the temp is 81...feels awesome!

Oh Laurie... that's news no pet owner is prepared to hear. [smilie=th_sorry_] I know it would be some significant $, but some oral squamous cell cancers can be managed with surgery, or even radiation or chemotherapy. My heart goes out to your family & Tippi. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

I'm melting BL's Lemon Sugar Cookie from a CF friend [smilie=th_wave] , and like all their lemon scents, it's fabulous! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

[smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Laurie, I am so sorry to hear about your Tippi.

The LSC Honey Maple Bread is still going but I added

SMT Blueberry Bread from a lovely CF pal...Thanks! :)

A Primitive Glows Buttercream Frosting from another lovely CF pal...Thanks! :)

Hello all th_biggestgrin.gif

I've been in and out of the house all day, so I have had the same scent in the warmer - VDC Iced Lemon Sugar. The humidity here the past few days has been brutal. The house is so muggy and gross, even with an a/c running.

Laurie - I am sorry to hear about Tippi :( *hug*

trep - Thanks for the info on Iced Carrot Cake! :) Next trip to Walmart, I will be checking around to see what they have.

Jules - I did feel a little bad watching those little strawberries melt, but it was worth it ;)

Ending the day with...

Kringle Candle pillar ~ Baker's Vanilla

Kringle Candle 3-wick ~ Spiced Apple

Swan Creek candle ~ Apricot Blackberry...this is a candle I made with one of the refill kits that SC offers

Have a great night

From yesterday afternoon & remelting today:

- Earth Lily (Dream Tarts) - pretty nice, a little perfumey and has that "Dream Tarts" undertone that many of them have (it's hard to describe but it is a bit of a warm, sugary note and if you have tried DT, you probably know what I mean :))

- Pink Velvet Cake (Shayz) - okay scent...very light throw for Shayz, though - and I even used two cups.

- Lemon Tea Party (TBG) - refreshing for the powder room :)

- Shampure (CFTKR) - always good in my bathroom!

Laurie: So sorry about your beloved dog. Sending you lots of healing and loving thoughts your way.

Yesterday was consumed with taking the family to our regional Pug festival. As the owner of 1 full pug and our other dog is 1/2 pug, we love to go and see all the other Pugs around the state and watch them do silly things for prizes! Our 1/2 pug, 1/2 shih tzu won first place in the prettiest 1/2 pug contest! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04 I was So proud!!!! (Do I need to tell you there were only 3 entries?)

Melts today are undetermined - I think I have:

Angel Kisses from Buggytown on deck for downstairs. I love this one. Very perfumy - but not in a girly sort of way. I need to figure this one out and see if I can match it to some other vendors. I like Buggytown a lot, but her wax is just too soft for my liking.

Wisteria from Country Home Scents - lovely but a little to light for me.

Off to take the kids for some back to school stuff. School starts next Wednesday. Can't decide if I am excited or miserable about it!

Jennifer

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Good Monday Morning...

Melting Toasted Marshmallows from HHS

Enjoy your day everyone!

Good morning. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

So sorry to hear about Tippi. :(

I had to take my DH to the airport at 4:45 this morning after having maybe 2-3 hours of sleep at the most, so it's going to be a lazy day for sure. Only put on one tart so far in the bedroom since I am planning on taking a nap...SMT Pink Frosting

Last night I used TBG Sandalwood Coconut in a few warmers. I loved the scent, but my oldest DD said it smelled like an old person. [smilie=th_pardon] Guess she is not a sandalwood fan. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Have a good day!

Afternoon already? [smilie=th_anyminute] Where has the day gone?

Melting Apple Crumb Cake from Dream Tarts...niiiice.

Honeybear..."old person"? LOL

Have a good one. :)

So sorry about your Tippi, Laurie.

Jennifer, I'm with you. I'm both happy and sad about school starting. The summer seemed so short.

I'm burning some candles this afternoon. The daily rains have arrived and the house is very dark..or was. Burning Backroad Hobbies - Strawberry Margarita

Backroad Hobbies -Brown Sugar Pound Cake

YC - Lime in the Coconut

YC - Brown Sugar & Cinnamon

Votives from Swan Creek - Cilantro Clementine, and Thai Pear