The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Sizzling Scents

New ones for today:

- Shayz Rootbeer Float - not very strong but it is nice and sweet

- I moved my Cheryl's Agava Tequiliana Cacao from yesterday to another room and it is throwing better - still more light than strong but lingering nicely!

Last night we burned some more votives from Swan Creek and my oval Honey Pear Cider from Morenci. I wish now I had ordered more of the ovals...the flames look wonderful in that shape and I haven't seen any others like them!

This rainy morning I'm melting YC - Midnight Oasis. I've had this one a while and finally put it in the melter. What took me so long. I really like it.

Also burning an assortment of candles...same ones from last week. YC and BH Brown sugar.

th_rk01_lavatricefare.gifth_rk01_lavatricefare.gifth_oregonian_mornincoffee.gifth_lavarepiatti.gif

No melts yesterday - we were in and out of the house all day long, so I never got the melters changed over.

Today I'm melting Pink Fruity Loops from Haley's Heavenly Scents. One of my favorites, and it never fails to please me! I'm also trying to finish one of my candles that was left over from LAST summer - Slatkin's Island Colada. Yummy!

Morning...thanks for sending your weather my way, Sweet! It's 81 degrees and lower humidity. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Melting:

Homemade Pumpkin Cupcakes from a CF pal all over.... [smilie=th_smilies-2] I LOVE this scent!!!

Have a good one. :)

My scarlet moon from 3 days ago is still going super strong. This scent throws so amazing in my bedroom!

Roserent: thanks for your suggestions! Funny, Carol sent me a sample of raspberry patchouli last time. It was ok. Not totally my thing but you are clearly on the right track.

Downstairs I have Twigs and Berries from sniff my tarts. It's doing nice.

Happy Sunday! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Jennifer

Good afternoon! :)

Sweet ~ I didn't pay much attention to the candles in B&BW when I was there other than to sniff the Black Pepper Bergamot that was close to the register, so I don't know if the Cafe au Lait was out. Sorry! [smilie=th_pardon] I was only in there to use a coupon and get some hand soaps.

SMT Wildberry Mousse Zucchini Bread

Can-Do Sugar Butt (what a strange name... [smilie=th_scratch] )

Can-Do Cup A' Chai

Hop everyone's having a good weekend! [smilie=th_balloons]

my oval Honey Pear Cider from Morenci. I wish now I had ordered more of the ovals...the flames look wonderful in that shape and I haven't seen any others like them!

Roserent - I :wub: their Honey Pear Cider. Did they say why the oval's were discontinued?

thanks for sending your weather my way, Sweet! It's 81 degrees and lower humidity. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

MaggieMae - I wish I could control the weather. :lol: But, the law of nature dictates most weather systems flow from west to east, so I was hoping it would reach U. Glad to hear it did! :thyay:

I'm melting LSC's Mulled Cider. It's a good scent, but it doesn't smell like a 'typical' mulled cider to me. [smilie=th_pardon]

Anyone else watching Shark Week?

10_3_6.gif

Finishing up this evening with Copper Hue Suntan by CFTKR

Earlier in the day I put Amber & Musk, also by CFTKR in 5 melters. I had gotten this as a sample awhile back and loved the cold sniff so much, I bought a big bag . . . well I've been hanging on to it (okay, hoarding) and decided to melt it all over the house and I am very disappointed to say that it didn't throw at all. Not in any of the warmers / rooms. I didn't have it that long, maybe 6 months or so . . .

[smilie=th_sad-1]

I ended up pouring them all into an empty candle jar, added wicks and made a candle. I think that's the first time any of Carol's tarts was a disappointment.

Yesterday, my DD Melody came down from Maryland for a week's visit ! ! ! I have been missing her SO much since she moved in June, I'm on

[smilie=cloud_9]

Yesterday I put Green Clover & Aloe by CFTKR in all the warmers to welcome her, it's one of her favorites.

I've had Chillaxin' by ScentSationals in all the bathrooms today and yesterday, and it's still going strong. It's a great eucalyptus & mint scent - very clean.

My son has Merlin's Forest by CFTKR in his room - I absolutely LOVE this! Even DH noticed when he went in Zack's room and said "you need to get us some of that"!

[smilie=th_1_bigone110]

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

[eta]

For anyone who is interested - there's supposed to be meteor showers tonight, you can seem them all across the U.S. after 10, best viewing midnight - dawn, 40-60 "falling stars' per hour, I read.

I ended up at the B&BW Paris party yesterday and ended up with Cafe au Lait and the Baguette one, too, which is a shocker cuz I am not much of a bread scent fan.

Tonight I am melting a Slatkin Oceanside mini as a tart.

Laurie, welcome home to your daughter. Enjoy your week together.

This morning I put on Nene's Warm Orange Gingerbread. Not really digging the orange note in my gingerbread. Might need to switch it out. Also melting Butter Cake from Nene's and it is mmm mmm good.

Good Morning! Melting from Aunt Nena's Pumpkin Souffle and for the 3rd day from Haley's Apple Orchard Zucchini. This one was a suprise for me as I did not really care for the Apple Orchard on it's own but mixed with the zucchini it's great and long lasting too.

Good morning...coffeebath.gif

Melting two from Carol this morning...Kitchen Spice and English Breakfast ZB. Both smell divine.

I went to B&BW yesterday to get some wallflower refill thingys. Of course, I had to sniff all the new Fall candles and soaps. LOVE the look and scents of the candles this year!!!! rosesmile.gifBravo! There are some that say White Barn instead of Slatkin and they are gorgeous with a golden/brass lid instead of the silver lid! Also the labels on the White Barn ones are just as beautiful. I didn't really care for the large white lettering on the Slatkin candles this summer and I am so glad they are changing over to the White Barn labels...so classy looking. As for the scents, they are incredible as well...love the Black Pepper & Bergamot, Creamy Pumpkin, Pumpkin Caramel Latte, Cinnamon Sugared Donut...oh my they all smell just so good! thcheerleader3.gif Also, there is a new one called Bonfire Maplewood that is just TDF!!! Reminds me a bit of Marshmallow Fireside, but maybe a little more woodsy and smokey. themoticon-MarshmallowRoasting.gif As soon as there is a 2 for $20, I am so there!!! ssshopping.gif

sweet, they did have the Paris candles out...loved the Cafe Au Lait cold sniff...like walking into Starbucks to my nose. The macaroon one is very sweet smelling and I detected some berry notes. French Baguette smells exactly like fresh baked bread...no sweet notes...just bread.

My "baby" Ozzy, is staring at me and wanting to come sit up on the couch next to me. So spoiled...ruhroh.gif

Hope everyone has a great Monday...hugs to all my CF friends!hugsboard.gif

Morning...beautiful day today but lots of indoor chores to do. :(

Aria...thanks for posting about Crossroads...I think that's an even better deal than the melts.

Laurie...Enjoy your time with your DD!!!

Melting...

LOL Coffee Cake & Spice all over...yum.

Have a good one. :)

Good morning melting cotton candy bliss from sniff my tarts, coconut cookies from a cf friend and purple marshmallows from butterfly lane.

Good Morning!!

Today I am burning YC Oceanside. I am almost at the end of this one. I melted my tumbler of the smooth wax YC Beach Flowers. I hate this wax. It burned terrible. I made tarts out of the remaining wax. I hate to see any wax wasted.

It is another beautiful day here.

Aria- Your candle descriptions were so tempting. When the 2/$20 is on I want to get some. I heard they were having Pumpkin Cupcake but you didn't mention that one. I love their candles.

ETA: DH saw me making the tarts and called them "candle cupcakes."

Sheesh, I am so far behind on listing my scents! Here are my recent picks:

DP Jelly Beans

LCP Cantaloupe & Lily

Can-Do Ocean Mist

CYS Cranberry Sprite Cake

CYS Triple Raspberry Cotton Candy