The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Heat Wave of Wax

Aria--thanks for missing me. When I usually first post we were having a huge thunderstorm--lots of lightning so I stayed off the computer. We got a wonderful 1.5" of rain and it is much cooler. They say it will be 100 again tomorrow but this is the first relief we've had in 3 months so I will take it. Ha!!

I have on Yankee Brazilian Passion Fruit so far today and will add something else in a bit.

cupblue.gif Good Morning...

One melter going...Carol's Stuffed French Toast...it's making me hungry girlies0280rg9.gif

smil_blush.gif Had a weak moment late last night and placed an order with Swan Creek...oh my, I cannot wait to get these. I am completely out of SC candles and melts. I also ordered a pretty teal tealight melter. bliss.gif

Christy, kitty owners here seem to agree that it will just take time for the little darlin's to get along. smily_cat5.gif

Missing trep this morning....where are ya girlie? couch.gif

Off to make some breakfast for the boys...DS#1 had a friend sleep over and we were all up very late. They are still asleep, but I heard slight movement upstairs a few minutes ago.

Hope everyone has a great day!

76319.gif

Aria...what did you order from Swan Creek? They are absolutely one of my favorite candles :))) I noticed they are getting some new fall scents in. I have a few stores in my area that sells their candles and love them! Their votives are my absolute fav :) May have to stop and browse on my way home from work, getting low on votives myself!

Changed things up for the afternoon...

Vanilla Frosted Grahams from LSC

Coconut Zucchini Bread from BH

Funnel Cake Fries from BH...very yummy in here.

Boy, am I exhausted. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Hello! I need to catch up on posts but right now we are nursing a baby male finch back to health. One of the 4 kitties decided to bring it in the house,not sure which one. But I happend to see the puppy and one of the kitties sitting by each other really nicely. Hmm,why? Turns out baby finch was between them. This is actually the second bird of the day to be brought into the house.

We have been burning YC christmas cookie,melting scentsy luscious lemon,cys glory shone and finishins up SSS sweet orange chili pepper.

Good afternoon...just got back a little while ago from taking the boys ice skating and we stopped and had a bite to eat on the way home.

Carol's Stuffed French Toast is still going pretty strong...loving this scent. [smilie=th_LOVE] I need to pick out another tart to melt when this one fizzles out.

Maggie, did those goodies arrive safe & sound? 98ebeda7.gif

katz, I get down in the dumps sometimes too...for me, it's hormonal :wacko: and I hate when it happens. So happy when it passes and I feel normal again. Take care friend...we are here for you! [smilie=yes]

becky, hey there girlie...I ordered a two boxes of votives (snickerdoodle, warm caramel apple, pumpkin spice and spiced orange & cinnamon) and two packages of melts (snickerdoodle and iced ginger spice) and also a teal tealight melter. I don't think any of the new fall scents were available yet online. I will have to check the outlet for those next month. They are my favorite votives as well! I find they burn so nicely and I get a fairly decent scent throw from them. the pumpkin spice is particularly strong IMO. I love so many of their scents, it's hard to narrow it down when I want to order!!! Let us know what you find!

trep, glad to see ya! I know you and I are usually some of the first posts every morning... [smilie=th_create]

Okay, how's this for quick shipping? I placed my Swan Creek order last night at about 11pm and they have already shipped it and sent me a fedex tracking notice with an expected delivery date of Aug 5...that's tomorrow! 127143_sarcastic-fainting.gif

Off to fill bird feeders....happy melting everyone. feedducks.gif

Maggie, did those goodies arrive safe & sound? 98ebeda7.gif

Aria~ I got one package in...OMG..everything smells great! The other package seems to have been stuck at the PO for 3 days...I hate when that happens! [smilie=th_pullhair] I can just imagine that it was scanned in and then fell off the conveyor belt and layed there for 2 days before someone found it and scanned it in again. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] Oh well...it will arrive eventually.

Added Rowan from LSC upstairs...lovely! :)

Sweet- it's actually an artist named Julian Beever and he does pavement drawings in many cities...in my opinion he's a genius.

MaggieMae - Totally amazing! Thanks for the link. I've looked & looked at his drawings trying to figure out HOW he does that!? He's so very talented! [smilie=th_aa17]

Cheryl's Oatmeal, Milk and Honey in the bedroom. Top five favorite scent of all time for sure - just love it.

She - I luv that one too! :wub: For me, it's a real 'comfort' type scent.

76319.gif

Aria - you have the cutest emotie's! Luv this one...and it's so true! :lol:

we are nursing a baby male finch back to health. One of the 4 kitties decided to bring it in the house,not sure which one. But I happend to see the puppy and one of the kitties sitting by each other really nicely. Hmm,why? Turns out baby finch was between them.

Ilove - awwww....hope the little guy is ok. I know our kitties think they're bringing us a treasure....but I wish they wouldn't! :blink:

I'm melting CFKTR's Lemon Lava Cake. It's fabulous...must get more! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Today's melts:

Candle Lynn - Vanilla Cupcake (ew - had that sour smell); Lilac (nice floral, good throw, not perfumey), Lemon Squares (omg goodness - buttery and lemony, strong throw)

SH - Peppermint Patty Cupcakes (mmmmm - this smelled like an Andes' Thin Mint to me, not much of the cupcake scent but still very good. Strong throw.)

Ole & Bean Creations - Country Clothesline (good, short lived), Banana Cream Pie (nice, creamy banana scent - very good throw)

TCC - Butt Naked (good, moderate throw - these were sample stars)

Sarah's Wax & Wix - Toasted Marshmallow (mmm - I think this is the one I like; will have to try again), Sugar Cookie (nice but light)

CFTKR - Caramel Pecan Twist (mmmmm - delicious! Good pecan notes.), Caramel Vanilla Toasted Grahams (another yummer, milder throw than CPT)

Candles:

Candle Marketplace - Birthday Cake (a favorite)

BRH - Pineapple Paradise

LOL - Spazztastic Melon Balls which is the 1st layer of a triple layer candle

Perfect Scent - Homespun Sugar (much prefer this in tart form)

Hope everyone had a great Thursday!

Wow, it was STIFLING today

[smilie=th_dd5]

I let one of my dogs out before it was even light out, I stepped outside with him and it was like a sauna! Yikes!

Thank you all for your good wishes, my DD Mel made it home safe and sound, and lots of good stories and pictures to share. She's been gone about a month, and I really missed her. She brought souveniers and what do you think I got?

A great-smelling clamshell from Dakota Scents called Dakota Rain. The cold sniff is heavenly - to me it's powdery/floraly. She bought it at a shop, but they do have a website: http://www.dakotascents.com

Maybe a new vendor to try? I'll report when I melt.

It's been a busy day, but I did get a few melts in:

Pink Sugar Cupcake from Pink Flower Scents (from the contest) - it was out of my normal box, but I liked it pretty well.

Other melts of the day (in various areas):

Fruit Slices from Haleys and

Black Cherry from Nene's

That's it for me, I'm about to hit it

(the bed, that is)

[smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

G'nite all

I agree, sweet&spiceygrl! OM&H is totally great - snuggly and comforting. I buy it when I see it on a scent list no matter the vendor - can never have too much of it :lol: I even get it in bath and body products from CYS!

Nice cool night - 66 and dry. Guess it'll be humid this weekend, but not in an extreme sense. Summer will be over before we know it, so I don't mind it being gross out for the remainder of the season. I'd rather deal with funky air than SNOW!

Tonite's melties:

LSC Cedar Wood Mint in the living room. Just adore LSC - haven't gotten a dud yet. Love this one - her mint blends are fab.

AMS Vanilla Extract in the bathroom

Orchid Lake Driftwood in the bedroom

Have a great Friday, all! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Recent melts:

Auntie Di's - Honeyed Citrus, Lemon Meringue

FM - Keylime Ice Cream, Banana Cream

Can-Do - Banana

LSC - Sex on the Beach

CYS - Buttered Maple Oats & Honey

Recent candles:

Slatkin minis - Citrus Flower, Oatmeal Raisin, S'Mores

Currently melting:

BH&G - Butterscotch Creme(?)

burning YC - Very Berry swirl

Slatkin - Mint Chocolate minis

cooking-egg-31.gif Good morning...Happy Friday everyone!

First time melting Carol's Wildberry Mousse Zucchini Bread...wow...yummy and really strong. Excellent throw on this one!

Off to pour myself another Just_Cuz_12.gif...lol.

Have a great day everyone! aquariumsmile1-1.gif

CFTKR Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll this morning. Very yummy. I can smell the cream cheese part of it. :)

Hello Peeps. Happy Friday.

Lasting Scent Candles - Strawberry Bavarian Creme

Ten Digit Creations - Hippy Nights

These are working opposite ends of the house but are blending nicely in the middle. Odd combination but it's good. It smells like a smoke shop or a book store.

Enjoy your fun smoky scent mixing Jules!

Katz, I hope you feel less blue today!

Thanks for the crinkly cat toy suggestion, Aria. I'll save some packaging and see if I can make something out of it.

Debra, how are your kitties doing now? Mine are vastly improved. Still not snuggling together or anything, but they can be around each other without growling and hissing now. I just ordered some Catty Stacks for them today, can't wait for them to come! (they're having a sale that ends today and I couldn't resist)

I accidentally left the melter on all night last night. Now I'm melting AMS Lemon Pound Cake (last one in the bag). Will probably add a SH candle later on, here's hoping the wicks behave.

Happy Friday everyone!

Sorry for the absence, I've been insanely busy around the house.

I've been melting Carol's 'Pink Sugared Green Apple' for three days, and it is finally starting to wear out. She sent me this one as a freebie when I ordered some of her 'Green Apple Cotton Candy' tarts, since the scents are similar. I liked the one that I ordered, but the freebie knocked my socks off! So strong, and delicious. I'm going to have to order more once it cools off a bit.

Off to work on cleaning the garage - yuck! Enjoy your afternoons!

Hey there!

The twins got their braces on today...one blue and the other purple! I always dressed them in those colors since they were born so people could tell them apart and they still use them...I must have brain washed them! LOL [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Put on Coconut Love from OMG...it really smells lovely but I think I'm gonna let the rest of them still a while and get stronger.

:)

I found a candle that I forgot I had...Back Porch from Yoder Candle Co. Smells wonderful...I think it's a mixture of amber and sandalwood. I ordered this at least a year ago, if not two. Forgot what a great candle this is, but unfortunately when I looked at the website, it looks like they are closed... :(