The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Heat Wave of Wax

Candlefan~ I am so glad you and your family are ok...that happened to my DD and my niece last summer. It was a normal day with no storms and all of a sudden they got pulled in. Just as I realized what was going on, the lifeguard came running by me to save them and the riptide was so bad he got caught in it and more lifeguards came in for them. It was so frightening! And yes, it happened when they were only up to their waist. Three cheers for lifeguards!! And then your poor DD getting stung after all of that! Thank God you all are alright! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

ilove~ I know what you mean about the fur babies smellin' like candles...I love when my little Daisy smells like my candles. [smilie=snoopy]

Melting:

Blackberry Jam Zucchini Bread from Carol...2 of my favorite scents in 1!!! :)

Melting:

I'm melting this one, too! Oh my gosh I love it!!

smiley-typing-computer.gif Hi everyone...it's a quiet, rainy evening here.

I have one candle burning ~ YC Vanilla Oak.

katz & Gail, I agree that candles and tarts don't throw worth a darn in humid weather.

trep, oh dear...stay cool friend. fan.gif

candlelove, so glad you had a nice vacation aside from the scary parts!!! I would panic big time if something like that happened to me...you guys sound like you handled it so well!!! sos.gif

ilove and sweet, donut muffins are very easy to make! I will post the recipe in the Culinary Creations section...enjoy! bf-cakesmiley00.gif

Okay, I am going to relax and read for awhile. Have a great night all. 2sgn105Night.gif

candlefan, I'm glad that everyone is OK and safe now. How scary!

Things are smelling good around here. I have Pina Colada Cookies (TCC), Ice Cream Scoop Bread (WAHM), and Red Velvet Cake (PS) going. Mmmm, mmmm, good!

Have a good night, everyone!

Candlefan - I was having a panic attack reading your post - my goodness [smilie=th_cha60] I love the water, but I definitely fear it too. Wow - angels were watching over them indeed! So glad everyone was safe [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Tonite's melties:

Shayz Pink Beans in the living room. It borders on omgtoobakery! for me :lol: but it's calmed down as time has passed.

Cheryl's Witches Brew in the bathroom

LOL The Three Musketeers in the bedroom. Definitely bakery, but I want to use it up :lol:

Trep - that is too darn hot for me!

Candlefan - I also am terrified at just the thought of riptides. It seems like you must do the opposite of what is natural.

Tonight's tart is Dirty Dancing from Kim's

....heading off to ck out the donut muffins... [smilie=yes]

Today I'm melting LSC Bedazzled. What a yummy, fun scent.

I have some good news: today DH and I got a 2nd kitty from the shelter! She is a sweetie but our other cat is NOT pleased at all. They do not get along so far, but we are trying to give it time. The experts say to keep them separated for a whole week or more...I'm just not sure that is possible for us because we live in a 2-bedroom apartment and one of the bedrooms is off-limits to the cats, so that just leaves the guest bedroom, the bathroom and the rest of the apartment.

So far the cats have been separated almost the whole time, with the exception of 2 or 3 very short encounters that all involved hissing and/or growling. I know it takes time for cats to get used to each other, but it is upsetting and stressful. I just don't know how long we can keep them apart. Our first cat really wants to assert her dominance over the second cat, and we are worried that they will fight and establish some really negative associations with each other if we let them be together too soon. The new kitty has a vet appointment on Thursday. I might ask about Feliway.

Candlefan~ I am so glad you and your family are ok...that happened to my DD and my niece last summer. It was a normal day with no storms and all of a sudden they got pulled in. Just as I realized what was going on, the lifeguard came running by me to save them and the riptide was so bad he got caught in it and more lifeguards came in for them. It was so frightening! And yes, it happened when they were only up to their waist. Three cheers for lifeguards!! And then your poor DD getting stung after all of that! Thank God you all are alright! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

ilove~ I know what you mean about the fur babies smellin' like candles...I love when my little Daisy smells like my candles. [smilie=snoopy]

Melting:

We have a Daisy too! and then I don't want to leave the rest out. But our other kitties are Tinker,Belle,and MakeUp.

smiley-typing-computer.gif Hi everyone...it's a quiet, rainy evening here.

I have one candle burning ~ YC Vanilla Oak.

katz & Gail, I agree that candles and tarts don't throw worth a darn in humid weather.

trep, oh dear...stay cool friend. fan.gif

candlelove, so glad you had a nice vacation aside from the scary parts!!! I would panic big time if something like that happened to me...you guys sound like you handled it so well!!! sos.gif

ilove and sweet, donut muffins are very easy to make! I will post the recipe in the Culinary Creations section...enjoy! bf-cakesmiley00.gif

Okay, I am going to relax and read for awhile. Have a great night all. 2sgn105Night.gif

Thank you for the recipe we are going grocery shopping tomorrow. Can't wait to make them.

Afternoon/evening melts and burns:

WAHM carmel coffee or something of that nature

S&S cookie dough ice cream

Scentsy cutiepie cupcake

YC blackberry tea jar

Starting out this morning with BBW Cotton Candy and MVP Pink Grapefruit and Lily.

Candlefan--thank goodness you and your family are OK. I guess it just goes to show disaster can strike when we least expect it. So glad it all turned out well for you.

Last night I started Mango Peach Salsa from Haley's in the living room - I like this one but for some reason my DD Mel HATES it, so I figured I'd use it up before she gets back. This evening she returns from visiting with her BF in Maryland (after the cross-country trek to Montana I mentioned awhile back) I've missed her, and I hope her flight goes without a hitch. Her flight is due in at 9pm, so I will have changed the melt by then to something she likes. lol

I'll probably change everything else out later, too, just can't get going this morning

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Morning! This morning I'm melting:

Homespun Sugar, Perfect Scent (This is smooth, pure goodness. Moderate throw that is permeating a large area)

Sugarcalifragilistic, Tara's Candle Cottage (Nice but fairly light.)

Angel Food Cake Whippet, Spotted Hog (This is a milder throw than some of the others I've recently tried, but not surprising given the scent. Great almond notes and really delicious.)

Creme Brulee and Sugar Cookie, Candle Lynn (not getting much yet)

7Up Pound Cake, Sarah's Wax & Wix (good strong throw as I usually get from this scent)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last night I started Mango Peach Salsa from Haley's in the living room - I like this one but for some reason my DD Mel HATES it, so I figured I'd use it up before she gets back. This evening she returns from visiting with her BF in Maryland (after the cross-country trek to Montana I mentioned awhile back) I've missed her, and I hope her flight goes without a hitch. Her flight is due in at 9pm, so I will have changed the melt by then to something she likes. lol

I'll probably change everything else out later, too, just can't get going this morning

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

I have a few scents here that I really like but DH does not (creme brulee) and I do what you do. I save them and melt them when DH is away for any length of time. Even so, I'd rather have the family home. You must be so excited to have your DD back again. She'll have lots of exciting stories to tell.

This morning:

Nene's Vanilla Sugared Shortbread

Candlefan: I am So glad y'all are o.k. I think your angel was there with you..scary. :smileysnowangel: I'm not that comfortable in the water in any setting. I haven't decided what to melt today..It actually is cloudy and I think we may get some rain..Have a great day..

bf-umbrellared.gif good morning...we're getting a little rain

Melting a favorite from CFTKR...French Vanilla Pound Cake...love it alot. 1.gif

katz, you okay girl? I detect sadness in your post...80824.gif

Laurie, hope DD has safe flight...did you end up placing an order with Coyer Candles?

ilove, hope you guys enjoy the donut muffins. They do not last very long over here...1sm016Giggle.gif

cmarie, congrats on the new kitty bf-cattoy.gif...is he/she a kitten or an adult cat? When we got our Tiger as a kitten, our older cat Whiskers (14 years old) hated him. They never did get along....Tiger would always try to play with him, but Whiskers would have NONE of it. I think it was because he was so old and used to being the only cat for so long... I am sure your's will eventually get along, but it may take some time. gluck.gif

Okay, gotta figure out what to do with these boys today....happy melting everyone!

cmarie, congrats on the new kitty bf-cattoy.gif...is he/she a kitten or an adult cat? When we got our Tiger as a kitten, our older cat Whiskers (14 years old) hated him. They never did get along....Tiger would always try to play with him, but Whiskers would have NONE of it. I think it was because he was so old and used to being the only cat for so long... I am sure your's will eventually get along, but it may take some time. gluck.gif

Aria, the new cat is a young adult (1-1/2 years). The other cat just turned 3, so they are not so far apart in age. Their personalities are actually very similar so I think they could be great friends if Kitty #1 could just get over herself, in time. According to DH, they had a short encounter this morning during which she growled LESS than yesterday, so hopefully we are making slow and steady progress.

Technically I am allergic to cats, so sadly I am taking a temporary break from waxies while Kitty #2 is introduced.

candlefan, I read your scary riptide story. Thank goodness everyone is OK! It is amazing how powerful water can be in some circumstances. (I nearly drowned in a kayaking accident once...I think I wrote about it on here actually...so I can relate.) So glad your family is safe and sound!

She~ Love the 3 Muskateers...but I'm a bakery fiend! [smilie=th_Drglar]

ilove~ Cute names!!! :tongue:

cmarie~ I hope everything works out with your little kitties! [smilie=th_catkiss]

Today its:

LSC Black & Blue...upstairs

BH Orange Spice Zucchini Bread

BH Orange Zucchini Bread

WAHM Lemon Ice Box Cupcakes :wub: ...all downstairs

We got home from So Cal last night. It was a a really fun trip and we had a blast at Universal Studios! The house is so quiet; the kids are still asleep and DH went off to work hours ago, but I have lots of laundry to keep me company. :rolleyes: I'm melting Oats and Honey from Scentsy this morning.

Candlefan, what a scary experience! So glad everyone is ok.

I spent some of my morning going through my stash and trying to organize things better. Melting some old ones right now-SSS Whipped Honeydew and HOT Lemon Blossom (think I got this one in a CF swap about 2 years ago).

Oh Candlefan, what a scary, scary experience! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon I'm so glad it turned out well. And welcome home, friend! [smilie=th_sml29]

Trep, good grief! I hope you get some relief from that horrendous heat!

Christy, isn't Bedazzled da bomb though? [smilie=th_smilies-2] I hope your kitties soon become friends. Or can at the very least be tolerant of each other's company.

Laurie, welcome home to your DD. I hope she had a wonderful time!

Katz, been thinking about you and hoping your sadness has eased a bit.

Welcome home, Mpfand! Sounds like a wonderful time!

I'm melting Can-Do's Strawberry and am lucky to get anything in the warmer on this busy day. [smilie=th_roll]

Gail