The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Heat Wave of Wax

Evening wax buddies! candlelove - also watching The Bachelorette finale - can't resist that trainwreck of a show franchise :lol:

Tonite's smellies:

LSC Violet Lime in the living room

LOL Cashmere & Silk in the bathroom

Backroad Hobbies Green Amber in the bedroom

Have a great rest of your night, everyone!! :)

Ending this very stormy Long Island evening with CBV Cajun Cornbread candle and melting an oldie from Nene's, Louisiana Diva.......OMG this is SO good. Wish I had more of it, but I don't see it on her site anymore. Anyone know this one? Floral/Fruity and perfect.

Watching Shark Week

3petFinni.gif

Sorting coupons

moneygif.gif

and enjoying some scents:

Fruit and Flower Explosion by Cozy Cottage in the living room

Jamaica Me Crazy by OMG in my bedroom

the others are all the same still

lazy me

:rolleyes:

Have a great evening!

Hey, MP! See anything else down there? Didja, huh?

Gail - thanks for the info - what a great looking hawk. We have a lot of Redtails that are gorgeous when they are flying and are illuminated by the sun.

Tonight I have a really old LOL (2008!) tart starting up: Honeysuckle Pear.

Katz, _smileyfacehugging_.gif

Jules, CCC&M is one of my favs from S&S.

Jelly Bean, Candle Lynn (odd smell to it, moderate throw)

Grape Jelly Beans, WAHM's Scented Wax (different experience from ilove - I really liked this, smelled like sweet grape candy, moderate throw)

Strawberry Stuffed Bear Claws, TCC (just starting - smelling just bear claws right now & that smells yummy)

Sweet Tarts Whippet, SH (tangy and sweet at the same time, moderate throw). Also Peanutty Butter Cookies (moderate throw, heavy on the PB)

Banana Cream Pie, Candle Confections (just really smelled banana, mild throw). Also Coconut Lime Verbena (did well in a small room).

Wishing all a good night.

Good Morning, remelting from yesterday Kim's Fruit Loops and added Can-Do's Pink Sugar Baby. Off to work in a little while. Have a great day!

Last night melted CFTKR Vanilla Bean Boysenberry.

This morning CFTKR Blackberry Jam Zucchini.

th070105440.gif good morning friends...

Melting Carol's Raspberry Coconut Cake

Just finished making a batch of donut muffins...yummy. I am getting ready to go grocery shopping. Storms are expected this afternoon, so I want to get home before it starts pouring.

Hope all is well with everyone today. playinrain-1.gif

We had a CRAZY weekend - it just flew by.

Recent melts:

CFTKR

Green Apple Cotton Candy - yum! It smells sweet and clean at the same time.

Goodie Goodie Gumdrops - I didn't care for this one. Carol describes it as "this fragrance is the aroma of holiday spiced gumdrops with a twist: top notes include cinnamon and clove; middle notes of eucalyptus and rose; well rounded with base notes of cassis, nutmeg, and woods." All I can smell is rose and cinnamon. Just not a scent for me. Also, it was smoking from the minute that it started melting, which is unusual for Carol's tarts. I always melt them in a 24w plate melter, and this is the first time that one of her tarts has burned off the FO. Odd!

Sassy Sweet Tarts - another favorite.

Yankee

Sparkling Lemonade - Strong sweet lemon for a few hours, but fizzled too quickly.

Beach Breeze - A favorite.

Pink Sands - I'm almost out of this scent. I need to find a good dupe quickly! (Can't stand paying $2 each at the YC store!)

Haley's Heavenly Scents

Pink Sugar

Pink Sugar Cookies - Not as good at Pink Flower Scent's version of this scent, but it'll do while PFS is closed.

Battle of the Sexes

Ginger Peach - Loved the scent, but it burned out too quickly, within 5-6 hours (which is short for Janet's tarts!)

and I melted a mystery pine/spruce scented tart. No label. I wish vendors would be better about labeling their wares - I would reorder this scent, but I have no idea who it came from!

Yankee

Pink Sands - I'm almost out of this scent. I need to find a good dupe quickly! (Can't stand paying $2 each at the YC store!)

SERIOUSLY! Does anyone know if there IS such a dupe? I think it would sell like hotcakes!

Today I have Hawaiian Rain from Shayz Scentz in the living room

Jamaica Me Crazy from OMG in my room

and on my 2nd star of Butt Naked from Tara's in my bathroom

Have a great day, all

[smilie=th_e16] I'm melting LSC Roselle Tea & Clover. It's a yummy scent but not very strong, which is unusual for LSC. I'm noticing that the throw on many of my melts aren't as good in this heavy humidity. At least I'm thinkin' that's what the trouble is. [smilie=th_idontknow] Makes me dislike humidity even more!

Gail

I have the same issue Gail, with my melts for the past few weeks. The ones that usually pack a great throw and scent are just not quite doing the job. But, I am melting Grandpa's Pipe from County Line Candles and it is really doing a very nice job . I just got back from my chiropractor monthly adjustment and going to break some green beans for dinner. Stay cool and have a good afternoon.

Hi everyone! Just got back from our 10-day long summer beach vacation on the Texas Gulf Coast. We had to get plane tickets to a wedding down that way and figured we might as well make a vacation trip of it.

I'm melting and burning YC Sun & Sand, and am totally in the mood for my "beachy" fragrances. I guess I'm subconsciously trying to make all the fun linger a bit!

It was an awesome vacation filled with dolphin watching, seafood dinners and beach fun aside from one scary incident in which all of my family got caught up in an riptide and were quickly washed out far into deep water.

We were in only about 3 1/2 feet of water when it happened, and it was like being trapped in a giant, underwater vacuum My 6 foot 4 inch husband managed to land on a more shallow sand bar and grabbed my youngest daughter just as she was getting sucked down under water. And then the rest of us fought the strong current to get over to him and relative safety. The waves were pounding us overhead and so violent! Then we made our way diagonally to shore, completely exhausted. I know angels were looking out for us.

My kids were resting at the edge of the water near the beach when my youngest daughter started screaming, stung on her hands by a stray jellyfish tentacle that had washed up. We think it was a Portugese man-o-war tentacle based on the width and length, and because we later found out a couple of them were seen in the immediate area there where we were swimming on the Port Aransas beach. She was in extreme pain and sick, but we got her first aid quickly and she recovered almost completely by the next day.

I have always loved the sea and felt completely at home in ocean waters, and considered myself a strong swimmer, but this was all a new, frightening side of the ocean. It just goes to show that the ocean is to be respected!

Thought I would share to warn others who might visit the beach. If you do get caught in a riptide, the best thing to do is not panic, gently float and tread water, and then swim parallel to the shore until you escape its grip. What I didn't know is that it can happen in only a few feet of water!!! [smilie=th_sSig_what]

Jedda--starting the first of September Yankee is having a sale on their tarts and votives--$1 each and you can use a $10 off $25 purchase coupon which would reduce the price considerably if you want to stock up on Pink Sands. Just a thought.

For this blistering hot afternoon--it is not even noon and it is 102 out!! It is supposed to be the hottest day ever recorded here today. Lucky us. Ha!! Anyway, I have on Mainstays Wild Honeysuckle and YC Garden Hideaway.

It just goes to show that the ocean is to be respected!

Thought I would share to warn others who might visit the beach. If you do get caught in a riptide, the best thing to do is not panic, gently float and tread water, and then swim parallel to the shore until you escape its grip. What I didn't know is that it can happen in only a few feet of water!!!

Good advice, thanks for sharing. I've lived in FL forever and know about riptides, but wouldn't have thought it in such shallow water either.

Katz, _smileyfacehugging_.gif

Jules, CCC&M is one of my favs from S&S.

Jelly Bean, Candle Lynn (odd smell to it, moderate throw)

Grape Jelly Beans, WAHM's Scented Wax (different experience from ilove - I really liked this, smelled like sweet grape candy, moderate throw)

Strawberry Stuffed Bear Claws, TCC (just starting - smelling just bear claws right now & that smells yummy)

Sweet Tarts Whippet, SH (tangy and sweet at the same time, moderate throw). Also Peanutty Butter Cookies (moderate throw, heavy on the PB)

Banana Cream Pie, Candle Confections (just really smelled banana, mild throw). Also Coconut Lime Verbena (did well in a small room).

Wishing all a good night.

I don't know what's been up with my WAHM scents. I am glad they are working for you. I did get two days out of the pumpkin cornbread one though. The grape one was just interesting,glad yours doesn't smell like barf.

th070105440.gif good morning friends...

Melting Carol's Raspberry Coconut Cake

Just finished making a batch of donut muffins...yummy. I am getting ready to go grocery shopping. Storms are expected this afternoon, so I want to get home before it starts pouring.

Hope all is well with everyone today. playinrain-1.gif

I just read this out loud about you making donut muffins and my kids are wanting to know if we can make them. Do you have a recipe for that?

Jedda--starting the first of September Yankee is having a sale on their tarts and votives--$1 each and you can use a $10 off $25 purchase coupon which would reduce the price considerably if you want to stock up on Pink Sands. Just a thought.

For this blistering hot afternoon--it is not even noon and it is 102 out!! It is supposed to be the hottest day ever recorded here today. Lucky us. Ha!! Anyway, I have on Mainstays Wild Honeysuckle and YC Garden Hideaway.

I was thinking the same thing about waiting for the sale and using a coupon for them.

Today is:

YC blackberry tea burning in the bathroom

LSC huckleberry honey

CCC french vanilla latte

Last night I was enjoying scrapbooking and enjoying my french vanilla tart. All of a sudden the kitty came in the room and started climbing on my table and project I was working on. Something smelled really good and sweet. Turns out the kitty came from the room that had huckleberry honey on and it made her smell like it. [smilie=th_catkiss]

I just read this out loud about you making donut muffins and my kids are wanting to know if we can make them. Do you have a recipe for that?

[smilie=th_yeahthat] Aria - I've never heard of donut muffins, they sound yummy! Would U care to share your recipe? Samples are welcome, too. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Candlefan - Welcome back from vacay! [smilie=The_Hi] Those riptides sound scary :shock: - sounds like maybe U got caught in the remnants of TS Don. So glad you & your family are ok.

Trep - In the shade? :blink: Wow....unbelievable! I hope the temps turn cooler for all those in the dangerous heat soon.

I'm melting CCCC's Paradise. Luv it!