The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Heat Wave of Wax

Melting Orchid Lake Candles Eucalyptus Leaf. A nice, fresh scent!

DH and I are home for the day after going to a Thai restaurant and meeting some new people. I was also able to set up the family fantasy football league (my idea!) today. Plus the kitties touched noses earlier (then a little hissing, but whatever). A wonderful Saturday.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

My DD Ciarra ran her second 5K marathon (Bushwacker) and it is hideously hot and humid here, I was worried for her but she made it like a trooper!

Tonite I am melting

Coral Delight (my first ever melt) from Kristin's Kandles - I'm liking it!

Plumeria from OMG is going in my room

Hawaiian Breeze from Crabby Candle is in my bathroom

DD Mel is melting some kind of Lemonade from YC in her room

and earlier I lit a Pink Dragonfly candle from Morenci while I was sewing - oh I had forgotten how AWESOME those candles throw!

[smilie=th_catkiss]

Ilove - that is super good news about your baby bird! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I went to the YC Halloween preview - and actually only got accessories and no wax!

Christy - my kitties do the same - sniff up close, touch noses and then hiss!

Tonight I am melting another old one - Cucumber Ivy Mint from Things that Make Scents

ETA: Laurie - what does Pink Dragonfly smell like?

Hey everyone! Had a lonnnng night at work, and I'm in at 1pm for another lonnnng day/night. I need $$ for waxies, so I don't mind :lol:

Late night melts:

Shayz Lemon Lavender in the living room

Pink Flower Scents Wood Coffee in the bathroom

Backroad Hobbies Autumn Lodge in the bedroom

Have a great rest of your night, and enjoy the rest of your weekend! :D

Hi all!

Spent some time in Wyoming to tend to my sick MIL. She's on the mend and we're back now. At least we got a break from the heat, it's been ridiculously hot and humid in Ks! Our air went out for a week too. I am so ready for Fall!!

Anyone burned the strawberry buttercream from YC? Thoughts?

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Morn everyone. Today I have a mixture of thing going. Melting: Vanilla Sandlewood by LOL, Carribean Dream by Crabby, Cherish by Crosscreek. Hope a great day.

Dawn - [smilie=The_Hi] Glad your MIL is better!

I'm melting Angel Scented's Sheep Happens from a CF friend. [smilie=th_teks0311] They have some fun names for their scents. Here's the description: Sheep Happens-Yep, it really does! A number of spices converge on a buttery base. It's vedy good!

Maggie, have fun beachin'!

Ilove, that's terrific news on the baby birdy!

Christy, glad the kitties are making good progress. This cracked me up ----->> "Plus the kitties touched noses earlier (then a little hissing, but whatever)." [smilie=th_laughing]

Laurie, congrats on your DD's second marathon!

Sheila, you work some crazy hours, girlie. Glad you can put the money to good use! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Dawn, glad your MIL is on the mend. I was just thinking about you yesterday evening. Glad you checked in! [smilie=yes]

[smilie=th_hello] Kelly. Glad to see you posting here!

I'm melting LSC Cinnaberry Mint. I like mint, but you know how some mints can overpower everything? This one is a brilliant blend. I can smell everything in it and boy oh boy I've found yet another fave from Pam. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Gail, sounding like a commercial [smilie=th_giggle]

Yesterday I melted Yankee's "Midsummer's Night" all day long. One of my favorite fragrances, and I was just in the mood for it.

Nothing melting for today, my allergies are acting up and I can't smell a thing! Maybe something later, we'll see.

Melting Iced Ginger Spice from Swan Creek Candle Co. ~ heavenly, just heavenly

hulasmiley.gif Have a nice Sunday everyone

I

ETA: Laurie - what does Pink Dragonfly smell like?

Wow, it's kinda hard to describe, but I can say that now that I've smelled YC's Pink Sands, it definately has the "Pink" component. I'm not really familiar with "Pink Sugar", so I don't know if that's what it's like or what. Here's how Morenci discribes it:

An unusual blending of lilies, ferns, and a hint of coconut milk makes this a truly sensory experience. A Must Try.

Sorry I'm so lame with descriptions!

It's dark and rainy...have a bunch of candles burning

YC ~ Napa Valley Sun votive

YC ~ Vanilla Oak jar

Slatkin ~ Apple Crumble small jar

Yoder Candle ~ Back Porch

I just lit a small jar candle from Kohl's - the scent is called 'Cinnamon Stick'. It isn't thowing very strongly, but the scent is nice. I'm also melting a tart from Haley's - 'Pumpkin Cheesecake'. I adore this scent. I smell strong, rich vanilla cheesecake, and some pumpkin and spices. The cheesecake is absolutely front-foward.

I'm about to start making my lists for fall/winter tart orders. I think I'll start with Haley's. Have a great night!

Hi peeps! Hope everyone had a terrific weekend! Tonight's scents are:

Tarts:

Caramelized Banana Cake-CFTKR

Really Red Velvet Cake-LOL

Candles:

Carrot Cake-YC

Apple Pie-YC

Banana Nut Bread-Village

Smells pretty sweet in here!

We are so happy that baby birdy was able to fly away and hopefully find his family.

We've been melting LSC sun and sand and Whams pink madness. Nothing like having to use up tarts right away because their cups are being eaten away from the oils.

I talked to a vendor about an order of tarts I got. She told me to let them sit for x amount of days. So I did that and it was still very light. So I emailed the seller again and her response was I have too many frangrances to sit and test each one out in my tarts. I get them from a candle supply company so they should be ok.

I think too many vendors are anxious to get started that they forget to test their products.Example melting cups being eaten away by the oils,light to no throwing tarts etc..oye..

We are so happy that baby birdy was able to fly away and hopefully find his family.

I talked to a vendor about an order of tarts I got. She told me to let them sit for x amount of days. So I did that and it was still very light. So I emailed the seller again and her response was I have too many frangrances to sit and test each one out in my tarts. I get them from a candle supply company so they should be ok.I think too many vendors are anxious to get started that they forget to test their products.Example melting cups being eaten away by the oils,light to no throwing tarts etc..oye..

Holy Cow! Seriously? That response could sure keep me from reordering!

Today has been a day when I was busy all day, and got nothing done!

Tonight I am melting one from Ugly Duckling. I think it must be Spiced Apple Pecan, it seems to have lost the scent label.

I talked to a vendor about an order of tarts I got. She told me to let them sit for x amount of days. So I did that and it was still very light. So I emailed the seller again and her response was I have too many frangrances to sit and test each one out in my tarts. I get them from a candle supply company so they should be ok.

I think too many vendors are anxious to get started that they forget to test their products.Example melting cups being eaten away by the oils,light to no throwing tarts etc..oye..

[smilie=th_sorry_]

that totally sucks for CS, imho.

Did you post that order here on the forum?

And is the light throw the same vendor as the eaten away cups?

[smilie=grrr]

On a positive note, I'm sure glad to hear the bird-rescuing success story!

[smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

I forgot to report what I'm melting!

Well, I changed out the family room to Spring Days from YC, I like this one, it's floral-y, but not overly so

still have Hawaiian Rain from Crabby Candle in my bathroom, I added another clam and it just didn't throw, even in my small bathroom

Coral Delight from Kristin's Kandles re-ran all day in my living room, and as it faded I lit a candle of Island Lily from YC Home Classics

[smilie=th_goodnight]