The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Heat Wave of Wax

Christy, isn't Bedazzled da bomb though? [smilie=th_smilies-2] I hope your kitties soon become friends. Or can at the very least be tolerant of each other's company.

Definitely, it's one of my favorites! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

I turned off all the melters. Whipped Honeydew did not mix well with Lemon Blossoms and the smell was just a bit much for me. Hated it.

I lit my YC Jelly Donut which I love and for some reason the wick was smoking like crazy. I trimmmed it again and no luck. I will try again tomorrow and if it is still the same it goes back. Burning YC Sugared Apple. Hope I love it since the reviews have been good.

ilove and sweet, donut muffins are very easy to make! I will post the recipe in the Culinary Creations section...enjoy!

Aria - got it - [smilie=th_teks0311] Definitely going to make those - they sound yummo!

Christy - Congrats on your new kitty! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] It's good that they've been separated a while and can get a good sniff of each other. I know it's stressful 4 U to hear the growls, but, odds are that it'll work out between them. Just takes a little while.

MaggieMae - is that your DS in your new avatar? I tried squinting, but it didn't help much. :lol:

Laurie - what did your DD think of Montana? I've heard it's beautiful.

I'm melting FM's Keylime Marshmallow. Good, but would like it a little stronger. Hope it cools off soon for all those in the extremely hot/dry areas of the country. Only 28 days until September! [smilie=th_BringItOn]

MaggieMae - is that your DS in your new avatar? I tried squinting, but it didn't help much. :lol:

Sweet- it's actually an artist named Julian Beever and he does pavement drawings in many cities...in my opinion he's a genius. You might have seen some of his work on a documentary called.."Concrete Canvas"...I'm adding a link so you can see some of his amazing work...remember that everything he does is on flat pavement....the avatar I have up is him pretending to jump into water in the middle of the city. ;)

http://www.julianbeever.net/waterfall.html

http://www.boredpanda.com/44-amazing-3d-sidewalk-chalk-artworks-by-julian-beever/

Tonight I let my DD pick it...she done good...Haley's Pumpkin Crunch ZB! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Todays melts have been

SSS sweet orange chili pepper

S&S cookie dough ice cream either its a light scent or was an old tart,but I just got it a few months ago.

YC-red apple wreath candle

CCC-apple spice cake

CYS-blueberry coconut cake(old CYS)

Today I'm melting LSC Bedazzled. What a yummy, fun scent.

I have some good news: today DH and I got a 2nd kitty from the shelter! She is a sweetie but our other cat is NOT pleased at all. They do not get along so far, but we are trying to give it time. The experts say to keep them separated for a whole week or more...I'm just not sure that is possible for us because we live in a 2-bedroom apartment and one of the bedrooms is off-limits to the cats, so that just leaves the guest bedroom, the bathroom and the rest of the apartment.

So far the cats have been separated almost the whole time, with the exception of 2 or 3 very short encounters that all involved hissing and/or growling. I know it takes time for cats to get used to each other, but it is upsetting and stressful. I just don't know how long we can keep them apart. Our first cat really wants to assert her dominance over the second cat, and we are worried that they will fight and establish some really negative associations with each other if we let them be together too soon. The new kitty has a vet appointment on Thursday. I might ask about Feliway.

Cmarie - I just did the same thing! We got our calico (face half black, half orange!) from the shelter over the weekend. She had been living under a shed for 2 months, then someone noticed she was pregnant and took her in.

We tried to separate her from my older kitty, but it was too hot in the house to isolate her - no a/c! There are only a couple of cool rooms right now, so we did the separation for only a day and a half...let them peek through a baby gate for half a day, then I had to let them mingle. Hissing on both sides until last night, the shelter said plan on 2 weeks of chaos!

I have always kept newbies away from the other cat for several days and have had pretty good luck with their behavior. I try really hard to love and fuss a lot over the first kitty so it keeps some of the jealousy away.

Tonight is YC Ocean Water

Hi all! Worked tonite (usually off on Wed.) so I keep thinking tomorrow is Friday - schedule changes screw me up big time :lol: Temps have been pretty decent this week - hope that continues!

Tonite's melts:

Orchid Lake Champaka in the living room. Love this one - nice musky floral.

Backroad Hobbies Country Gift Shop in the bathroom. Not a big fan of this type of scent, but it's a freebie - it's actually not too bad!

Cheryl's Oatmeal, Milk and Honey in the bedroom. Top five favorite scent of all time for sure - just love it.

Have a good night, everyone!! [smilie=th_sml29]

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe It's overcast and rainy so for today...

melting:

Auntie Di's Cupcake Shop

Crabby Candles's Apple & Clover

burning:

US Candle's Jamicia Me Crazy

YC Jelly Donut

Nellie's Acres's Autumn Wreath

Awaiting 2 deliveries today... :onitswaysmiley: Have a good one! :)

cupblue.gif Good Morning...

One melter going...Carol's Stuffed French Toast...it's making me hungry girlies0280rg9.gif

smil_blush.gif Had a weak moment late last night and placed an order with Swan Creek...oh my, I cannot wait to get these. I am completely out of SC candles and melts. I also ordered a pretty teal tealight melter. bliss.gif

Christy, kitty owners here seem to agree that it will just take time for the little darlin's to get along. smily_cat5.gif

Missing trep this morning....where are ya girlie? couch.gif

Off to make some breakfast for the boys...DS#1 had a friend sleep over and we were all up very late. They are still asleep, but I heard slight movement upstairs a few minutes ago.

Hope everyone has a great day!

76319.gif

Cmarie - I just did the same thing! We got our calico (face half black, half orange!) from the shelter over the weekend. She had been living under a shed for 2 months, then someone noticed she was pregnant and took her in.

Debra, thanks for sharing your story. The cats are better now. We put up a fence-type thing too (indoors) but the one cat just jumped over it, oh well. They have been together (!!!) since last night. Occasional growling is about it, and they tend to keep their distance from each other. It is getting better with time, though. Hopefully it'll all work out!

I am still on break from smellies, although I noticed the new kitty likes the crinkly sound of the cello bags some of my tarts are in. I had to take a swap item and an old AMS bag away from her!

Hi Maggie! I have seen those sidewalk art thingys before and they are so amazing and lifelike! Have a great day...enjoy your packages when they arrive! thyesssmileyf.gif

Good morning. The skies here are overcast and stormy looking this morning....my favorite kind of sky.

Cleanse Your Soul - Coconut Fizzy Pop melt

Tara's Candle Cottage - Biolage type melt

Woodwick - Tuberose candle

Aria, I have been plotting another Swan Creek order too. I can almost smell that Vanilla Pound Cake already. I need to wait a week or two before ordering, though so it doesn't show up on the same statement as my other splurges this month. th_paper-bag.gif Curious about your teal tealight holder.

Christy, I have taken pieces of tart cello bags (CFTKR) and tied to a piece of yarn...Tiger loves it! Kitties love the crinkly sound! Tiger also loves a nice ball of aluminum foil and the rings off of gallon milk jugs!!!!

Good Morning Jules....just saw your post! I have a SC outlet withing an hours drive, but I still order online. Once the boys go back to school, I will take a drive to the outlet and do some more damage I am sure. I will for sure post pics of the melter when it arrives. Vanilla Pound Cake is a favorite...

Have a great day...enjoy your packages when they arrive!

Thanks Aria...I can't wait...after all it's only been about a week since my last delivery! LOL I am so curious about OMG and anxious to sniff! :)

Maggie, Julian Beever's work is incredible! I'm drawn to it like a bee to honey! Thanks for sharing. [smilie=th_sml29]

Christy, glad to hear the kitties are making progress! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I'm melting LSC Coco Baby. It's peaches and sweet coconut milk. I think the scent of peaches is hard to replicate and coconut can be iffy too. But oh my, not this one! It's really authentic and delish! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Gail

Today I have Nene's Citrus Berry Splash going. I love this one and I'm not even sure if she has it anymore. I have not ordered from Millicent in so long that I'm not sure what she even has. Is anyone still buying from Nene's? I don't see it mentioned too often. Are they any good still?

Hope many are getting relief from high temps today. It's seems bearable here today. We only had one really horrible bout but no telling what's to come.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Thanks Aria: You are a very perceptive gal and hugs to you...just got a bad case of the blues, I guess. This morning I am melting LSC Raspberry Mint Preserves. My house is smelling very good and invigorating. Getting ready to go for a therapeutic massage. I'm sure this will help me feel better..I hope y'all are having a good week. It's a little cooler here today and I am loving this.

Sorry you are feeling blue, Katzncandles. I hope things look up for you.

I've had Scentsy Juicy Peach going last night, but nothing this morning so far. It wasn't throwing well, just concentrating in certain areas of the room upstairs, until I discovered that our ceiling fan, which I had recently reversed to help with heat, was not so much dispersing the scent as moving it away from where I could smell it. Makes sense, because that's what I was trying to accomplish with the heat! Ha ha!

By the way, thank you for all the concern and sympathy regarding the scary riptide incident. It's been hard to stop thinking about what could have happened even now that I am safe. I realize how precious every moment of life is. I can't tell you all how good it felt to get home and fire up a candle. Whew! Back to normal!

Maggie, Julian Beever's work is incredible! I'm drawn to it like a bee to honey! Thanks for sharing. [smilie=th_sml29]

Your quite welcome Gail...The first time I saw it I was hypnotized. :)

Today I have Nene's Citrus Berry Splash going. I love this one and I'm not even sure if she has it anymore. I have not ordered from Millicent in so long that I'm not sure what she even has. Is anyone still buying from Nene's? I don't see it mentioned too often. Are they any good still?

Maurie...Yes, she still has the Citrus Berry Splash! I recently bought a "boatload" from Nene's....she is perfection IMO!!! I just have so many tarts that I get stuck on one vendor and slowly move around my stash...LOL Honestly, sales get me to order more often and she hasn't had too many. When she did her birthday prize, I always ordered a couple times around that date!

Katz~ [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Hope your massage and smellies help!