The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

November's Feast of Fragrances

Happy Monday!!!

I got a few melting,

Crosscreek's Hot Apple Pie-YUM!

Nene's Amish Spice Cake- Double Yum!

Kristin's Kandles Bakery Bits- Eh, it's not really doin' it for me but then again its got some steep competition so maybe I should put it in a smaller room and see.

Maggie Mae: CFTKR- Jelly Donuts? OMG!!!! I want them! That sounds wonderful, just put it on my CFTKR List!

Hi CF Friends-

Melting this afternoon CFTKR Pumpkin Pie-this one is soo good!

CFTKR Pilgrims Pie

AMS Country Bumpkin

Sweet and Gail-Hopefully we will get this dress thing wrapped up on Friday.

My DS and DSIL are both 9 years younger and thinner than me so it is hard to find something that looks good on all of us. We need to get 2 different styles but the same colors. We are looking at a champagne or caramel color. I will let you know what we decide. Thanks for asking!!

I'm now melting Haley's Hansel & Gretel's House. The scent description says orange, lemon, bergamot, ginger, nutmeg, honey, clove, vanilla, cocoa. But I'd describe it as Cloud Nine in wax. [smilie=th_dancing_smile] I'm definitely going to have to get this in a candle. A great big ol' one!

Gail, wiping drool off my chin

Gail - I also love Haley's Hansel & Gretel's House. Sooo yummy! hearts.gif

On Saturday I went to a Gold Canyon Holiday Open House. It was so much fun! I didn't purchase any candles this time but I did get their set of Snowfall Luminary candle holders. These are really gorgeous when used with tealights.

This morning I've been melting Fragrant Memories Pumpkin Crunch Cake. Really like her version of this one!

Melting Carol's Autumn Magic this afternoon. I can't believe Thursday is Thanksgiving already! How is everyone doing~ are you ready?? Most of the grocery shopping is done and menu pretty well set. I have some more cleaning to do. The area in the basement where I keep Christmas decorations is kind of cluttered too, I'd like to straighten that up before I start bring things up. I guess I better get busy. Have a nice afternoon, everyone.

I hope everyone is getting ready for turkey Day..

This afternoon i am melting Bellas-Candleshop and CCCC-spiced Pear.

I'm off to the dentist tomorrow to do some much needed work under a permanent bridge. I hope everyone is having a good Monday, enjoy..

Melting Can-do's Vanilla Apple in the living room and burning candles from CBV. Reeses Peanut Butter in the computer room and a Lavender/Rasp&Choc. blend in the bathroom. Man it smells amazing in here right now. Thanks busymom..............you are the best!!!! She shares so well, this friend of mine. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Mpfand - how's your dad...completely recovered from his fall? [smilie=th_snoopy]

Puppy - TY for the dog/coat info! [smilie=th_aa21] My dog voted no on the coat :lol: , so now I don't feel so bad he doesn't have one.

Michele - Champagne/caramel dresses sounds so elegant! [smilie=th_a056]

LLVV - your day with your DD sounds awesome....what a great memory that will make for both of you! :wub:

I'm melting 1803 Candles Chamomile Tea. [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] this is fantastic...SO good! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] The description said it was a house filler and it certainly is. I'm making pierogies for dinner, so I thought it would be a good time to try it out. The war is on..... [smilie=th_ee29]

Man oh man, it's been crazy busy here and I'm not even cooking Thanksgiving dinner. :o

Michele, what a beautiful color choice for the dresses! Have fun finding the perfect ones, and keep us posted on your hunt. :)

Sweet, thanks and you're welcome. Glad I relieved your worries a bit. [smilie=th_thumbs20up] Chamomile Tea sounds divine!

Today's melt is Haley's Sugar Plum Spice. Quite nice.

Gail, off and runnin' again [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc

Unseasonably warm here...going to stay that way for Thanksgiving...doesn't really surprise me since it's been mostly hot for the past 6 months!

First melts of the day:

YC fall festival

Haley's sugar plum spice

Southern Star glazed orange cake

Guest Viennalady

Today, its getting very cold here. Winter is comming.

Melting

YC Jar "Happy Christmas"

YC Jar "Autumn Leaves"

YC Jar "Sandalwood Vanilla"

Bridgewater Votive "English Toffee" (delicious and very strong)

[smilie=th_hema1]

Melting YC's Autumn Fruit. It is so dark and dreary here today! I am starting to sort my tarts for the holidays. I'll dig out a few pumpkin scents for the next few days and putting my holiday tarts into a pretty basket [smilie=th_c032]

Hope everyone has a great day! [smilie=The_Hi]

Melting YC's Autumn Fruit. It is so dark and dreary here today! I am starting to sort my tarts for the holidays. I'll dig out a few pumpkin scents for the next few days and putting my holiday tarts into a pretty basket [smilie=th_c032]

Hope everyone has a great day! [smilie=The_Hi]

Joan-I did the same thing last night. I sorted all my fall scents into different categories and now trying to finish some up by the end of the month before I pack the remainder away.

This morning I am melting-

Bella's Autumn Ice Cream

CFTKR Family Gathering

LOL Been Thankful

I have a few errands to run before the chaos begins. The 2 DD's are coming home later today. I know they will keep me busy.

Good morning! I'm so in a Thankgiving mood! I just can't wait. Actually, DD and I put up our 2 small trees...one in my bedroom and one in the family room. The big tree is going up on Friday since I don't do Black Friday. It sounds like a lot of fun but I can't get up that early and I don't like crowds. I do love to shop though.

I finally ordered some Warm Glow Candles. They are so pretty looking. I think I'll let DH give them to me for Christmas. I know they aren't great throwers but I burn candles more for the look and use tarts for the scent.

Well speaking of YC...when i was returning the tumbler candles, the worker that was taking care of me was telling me that i cannot get store credit and that i have to get something that very day to equal the amount i had purchase since i have already use the candles i bought. I was asking him if i could not find something that very day that can i get a store credit and he kept saying no. I mean come on, how can you force someone to get something if they didnt see anything that they like that day?! So can a store credit be fine since they are not losing any money and that it just simply say that i will purchase somethin some other time. Its not like i was asking for my money back but just simply a store credit. But that worker kept saying no becuz i have use the candles already. I felt that he was being a jerk and giving me a hard time :mad: but in the end it both work out for the both of us and i came to find some stuff to equal the amount of purchases that i was returning. Well since i know for a fact that i dont seem to have any luck with those YC candles, i wont be going back to them for those. Geez giving me a hard time... so mean to me <_< [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

That is horrible! My store about 6 months ago let me return something and then they gave me a gift card to use whenever I want. The gift card was the store credit. Was this new Holiday staff? They may not be familiar with YC policies. My YC got in a new group of holiday workers and they are beyond clueless and annoying. There is one lady that is usually there that I love to bits but I haven't seen her since the new holiday workers started. They are arrogant, clueless, and just plain annoying. Bleh. I'm not going back until January. Plus....they had all of the new accessories on the top shelf where nobody could see them or get them. The store was a mess.

Tarts:

Farmer's Market - CFTKR

Nutty Taffy Apple - CFTKR

Candles:

Holiday Wreath - BBW/Slatkin

Cinnamon Roll - YC

Mpfand, enjoy your parents' visit!

Thank you, Gail! They made it here safe and sound last night after a long 12 hour drive!

Mpfand - how's your dad...completely recovered from his fall? [smilie=th_snoopy]

Thanks for asking, Sweet (and for remembering!). It's been almost 2 years since the fall and it's been quite a struggle for him. He battled staph infection all summer long and has been in and out of physical therapy. His knee gets better and then it takes a turn for the worse. The surgeon said he needs a knee replacemnt, but he's trying to hold out as long as he can. We're all so thankful that his injuries weren't worse, though. A 20 foot fall could've resulted in far worse!

I'm melting a new one from Scentsy called Embers. Very nice and wintery smelling!

Debra99, Candlelove, mpfand, Puppylove, MaggieMae, Cindy [smilie=th_teks0311] for the sympathy of the whole YC situation thing on feeling what im going thru. You guys are so cute and thoughtful. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Debra99- yes yes sure was shopping under pressure but yes i sure was super glad that i found something to equal it. [smilie=yes]

Candlelove- How cute your sister wedding!! and how exciting to be the matron of honor. How about purple/lavender? Love purple! Hehe. Just playin. Im alway interested in hearing about wedding planning. Do let us know what color you guys will choose for the dress.

LLVV- very interesting to hear about your family day trip with the pilgrim actors and all.

MpFand- oh my goodness a 20 ft fall.. Im sorry to hear that your dad had to experience that :( but good to hear that his injuries werent worse. Hope he will recover soon..

LLVV- Oh really?! Something like that also happens to you?! Wow this is very interesting and good to know. Yeah thats wat i thought on wouldnt a store credit/gift card be ok since im sure i heard someone from here who had went thru this before and didnt had a problem to just get store credit if they didnt find anything they like that day. Hmmm... well i dont know whether or not he was new and you could be right if he was new that they might not be too familar fully of the YC policy. Becuz before this situation happen, most of the YC employees were sweet and understanding and even told me that i could bring them back with no problem. :wub: So when this situation happen i was kinda surprise on how he made me feel. But i totally could see wat you mean with them holiday workers, i experience that in other stores during the holidays where they were arrogant, clueless, and kinda rude. I mean come on, where is the holiday spirit in these people to be that way ya kno. :wacko: Hehehe. Good to kno of your experience of the same situation. Thanx for sharing that. ^_^

Recent melts:

Haley's Sea breeze, Hawaiian Breeze and Mango Peach Salsa(this one smells just like YC one :) )

[smilie=th_aa18]