The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

November's Feast of Fragrances

[smilie=th_Hello_] to all!

Maurie, I hope you get to feeling much better, and quick!

Katz, good luck with your home re-fi. So smart of you to look into it now.

Aria, you guys must have had a blast at the hockey tournament. I just love stuff like that! Eewwww on the head lice! Fingers crossed that your DS doesn't get 'em.

Busymom, I love the description of your morning weather. So cozy sounding! Yes, that Can-Do's Debbie's Peppermint Twist is an A++ and sooo long lasting. So BBW's Twisted Peppermint is similar, eh? That's great to know, as I have that candle but haven't burned it yet. [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

LLVV, DH and I have a Keurig. It gets heavy use and we just love it! The first one malfunctioned after a short time, but since we bought it from Costco and always save our Costco receipts, they accepted the exchange without a hitch. So far so good for several months now with this current one.

SweetTart, I've had zero luck with YC too. Used to just love 'em but anymore, I can't get a throw no matter what I try. [smilie=th_scratch] Sorry to hear you're not having any luck either.

Now that my Peppermint Twist finally died, I'm melting LSC's Country Store. It's potpourri and spices and rocks. Nooo, not granite or limestone scented, silly folks. I'll rephrase... It's potpourri and spices. And it ROCKS! [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

Gail

Now that my Peppermint Twist finally died, I'm melting LSC's Country Store. It's potpourri and spices and rocks. Nooo, not granite or limestone scented, silly folks. I'll rephrase... It's potpourri and spices. And it ROCKS! [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

Puppy - my brain stopped reading after I saw potpourri & spices & rocks. Ewwweeee....don't think I'd like rock scent in a tart. [smilie=th_puke] So glad you re-phrased that! [smilie=th_biqazm1]

Aria - my fingers and toes are crossed for your DS!

I'm melting YC's BOO! and burning Slatkins Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin candle. It's perfectly pumpkin-licious in here!

Hey guys,

Headed off to bed soon. Did burn candles today, finally. I have CBV Citrusmoon in the bedroom and Pumpkin Pickin in the living room. Both are amazing. I could only handle candles today though. Sometimes melting can be too strong for me. Especially in a smaller room, like the bedroom. Motion seems to be a culprit for me right now as well. I do suffer from vertigo and I think with stuffy sinus's it just made it worse.

I felt quite a bit better today, more like myself. You guys are so sweet. Glad to be a part of this forum.

Catch you all tomorrow. Off to watch some favorite shows and try to sleep somewhat. My oldest, Matt who will be 20 on Thanksgiving, just took a promotion job in another store. However, the store is 50 minutes away and he is working until 11:00 tonight. ugh....bigger the kids, bigger the worries. He works for Mark Ecko Cut&Sew and is an assistant manager for now, but wants to be a graphic designer and eventually do advertising for the company. He knows his stuff and according to one of his college professors, she "must see his name in the industry". I still cannot believe,next week I will officially be the mother of a 20yr. old.....omg! I remember bringing him home from the hospital. Like it was yesterday. I will never forget making my husband drive soooo slow and watching every move he made with the sick feeling in my gut. This new baby was in OUR hands and care and ok..................off my stupid "soap box" now. Sorry to ramble. You guys just bring it out of me....LOL [smilie=group_hug]

Hello!

Maurie, I hear ya. I love thinking about those newborn days. When they are babies you think your worries can't get anyworse but it's true...as they get older your worries get bigger. Congratulations on his promotion!

Tarts:

Burnt Cream - CFTKR

Candles:

Cinnamon Roll - YC

Maurie~ Glad to hear your feeling better and I KNOW what you mean about "time flying by"...it's so precious! I'm in the same boat...my eldest will be 20 in April! [smilie=th_butbutbut]

Aria~ Head lice?!?! [smilie=th_shout] Yikes! I work in a Preschool and I know how itchy you feel when you find out someone has it...but it's not that easy to get so your kids are probably OK! If your really worried there's a great non-toxic all natural shampoo called "Fairy Tales" that you can use as a preventative! Supposedly it works great! We keep it at the school for the teachers that get worried and feel itchy even though they don't have it...it's good for the nerves. LOL [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

http://www.fairytaleshaircare.com/

LLVV~ I absolutely LOVE my Keurig! My only peeve is that they seem to break easily....the first one broke about 6 months after we got it. Keurig made me ship back a part of the machine - at my expense - in order for them to replace it. Now the new one was acting up for about an hour the other day...so far so good today. Also I have heard a few people I know complaining about the same problem. I must admit though, that I think I could never go back to a regular coffee pot now. I'm addicted....that's all I needed...another addiction. :wacko:

Melting: SH's Spider Cider & Deadly Donuts

Good Morning, starting the day out with HL Black Raspberry Vanilla and YC Raspberry Cream. I love raspberry scents.

Maurie--hope you got some good sleep and are feeling more yourself today. Congrats on your son's promotion. Time does fly by these days. I remember the first time I looked my son in the eye--couldn't believe my little boy was that tall. It gave me a jolt, for sure. That was many years ago now but seems like yesterday.

Hey girls I am burning a applemint camdle from bbw

Maurie I hope you are feeling better.

What do you think of that Applemint scent? Curious me.

Bistique - Apple Butter Caramel melt

Yankee - Autumn Wreath melt

Good morning!

Getting ready to exercise. I just lit up a tart to get me in the mood. Thank you for the information on the Keurigs. I just cashed in some Amazon gift certifiates so I'm planning on putting them towards a Keurig. I know I don't want the mini one. My friend has it and she said it's a PITA when she has company over but she loves it when she makes herself a cup of coffee.

Tart:

Burnt Cream - CFTKR

I don't have any candles buring right now but later on I'll get them going.

Good Morning... [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Burning CBV Goldilocks and also some Apple Jack & Peel from CBV..its a fantastic mixture going on...love the combo of the two going on!!

Mau, you know you have done an amazing job of raising your boys, they have a super foundation and Matt is going to be quite a successful business man...HUGS!! Todd is going to be a famous photographer!!

Becky, I am dying to try Janets Sinfully Hot, you have pushed me to try it..LOL

Trep, I hear ya..my 12 year old is doing that now, looking me in the eyes..its so sad to watch them grow! I about died in August when my 19 year old moved away to college and my 17 year old is now looking at colleges, time flies way to fast!!

Have a great day everyone [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Mornin' all. 8:45 and I already need a nap. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe I got up way too early to take DH to the airport.

I'm melting a freebie from LSC, Pumpkin Cheesecake. I'm not much for bakery and things with "cheese" and "cream" are often a little sour smelling, so they're eyed with suspicion around here. [smilie=th_cha66] I'm sooo happy Pam included this one because it's really wonderful! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] The more I get acquainted with LSC, the more I likey! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Gail

Hi everyone!

Maurie-so glad you are feeling better [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Today I'm melting

CFTKR Orange Z.Bread...yum

Can-Do Country Apple and Amish Apples

YC French Vanilla

Lasting scents Apple Butter Pound Cake...another yum!

Candle in Mia Bella Apple cinnamon..like this alot,the throw is very good on this candle.Anyone else like MB Candles?

Melting YC Red Berry and Cedar. This is new to me and very nice. I am working through my YC tarts to see if anything makes the cut for the candle sale. This is a very nice seasonal scent.

Maurie, glad you are feeling better. It is so hard watching our kids grow up... bittersweet. Mine are 10 and 15. I relish this time with them. I still treat Ben like my baby, lol. Hugs to you.

Maurie - I luv to hear a mama braggin on her kids! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Becky - your snowman avatar is adorable!

Skylar - I've looked several times, but haven't tried Mia Bella yet. Have U tried any other scents of theirs? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Puppy - Does taking your DH to the airport mean U can have a melt-a-thon and melt all the tarts U wanna without any 'comments'..? [smilie=th_c2e41937]

I'm melting CrossCreek's Bobbing 4 Apples and melting ACG's Aunt Kook's Apple Cider candle.

Sweet, you asked about my timer - it is hooked up to my 24w warmer and one comes on just before I wake up and one right before I get home. It is great!

Tonight is Crazy for Candles: Clary Sage

Good Morning! I've started using some of the Holiday scents today. I have melting YC Christmas Tree. Burning YC Balsam & Cedar and Mandarin Cranberry. It's smelling like Christmas as my house. Have a great day everyone!

Melting a very old Angie's Country Christmas scent shot. I was up way too early today. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe I am taking dd to see Harry Potter at midnight tonight! It is 2 1/2 hours long and probably won't start until 12:30. We are going with friends and everyone is very excited. Hope you all have a great day! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Hi there friends! e81dcddc24ebb31fb726eb898d5f2271.gif I have one tart melting - Spiced Sugar Plum from Crosscreek. Lately, nothing has been smelling good to me. I think I may need a break from scents for a few days. Bummer.

Went on a field trip yesterday with DS#2 who is in 2nd grade this year. We went to a nature center and took a hike in the woods and learned all kinds of interesting things from the naturalist. I've been there before with DS#1 and it is always such a nice way to spend the day.

Aria, bless you girl!! Sure hope DS doesn't have it, I know how you feel tho, it makes my head itch too..haha!!

Aria~ Head lice?!?! [smilie=th_shout] Yikes! I work in a Preschool and I know how itchy you feel when you find out someone has it...but it's not that easy to get so your kids are probably OK! If your really worried there's a great non-toxic all natural shampoo called "Fairy Tales" that you can use as a preventative! Supposedly it works great! We keep it at the school for the teachers that get worried and feel itchy even though they don't have it...it's good for the nerves. LOL [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

http://www.fairytaleshaircare.com/

Thanks Busy and Maggie...and everyone else...no one here has the head lice, thank goodness. I did talk to my neighbor again yesterday and now she has it as well! Poor woman! Maggie, I am going to check into that shampoo and mention it to my neighbor as well. 344198001236084298-ThxMuch.gif So far, my kids are a-ok!!!

Busy, loving your turkey emoti!

Melting a very old Angie's Country Christmas scent shot. I was up way too early today. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe I am taking dd to see Harry Potter at midnight tonight! It is 2 1/2 hours long and probably won't start until 12:30. We are going with friends and everyone is very excited. Hope you all have a great day! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Oh Joan, have a great time! Maybe a little nappy today would help! nap.gif

Okay, peeps, tons of things to be done around here. Don't even know where to start.

Have a great day! cokesmiley.gif

Hi!

DH and I just got back from DD's first parent teacher conference. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr I'm so proud of my little lady. Her report card was outstanding and her teacher had only wonderful things to say about her. I'm thinking of taking her to Payless to get a pair of these cool boots that one of her friends has as a way of congratulating her on a job well done.

Tarts:

Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie Zucchini Bread - CFTKR

Autumn Pear - CFTKR

Melting:

Black Cherry & Buttercream Maple Frosting

Caramelized Praline & Bear Claw

Graham Cracker & Marshmallow

All cuttable muffins from CFTKR...it's overwhelming with lovely scent today!!! [smilie=th_smilies-2]