The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

November's Feast of Fragrances

PuppyLove- Good to hear the rave about Haley's Heavenly scent. I place my 1st order with her from a sale in Oct. and still anxiously waiting for the package to arrive. Its been 3 weeks already. *sighs* [smilie=th_anyminute]

Joan- I see you're a big fan of Gerald Butler eh? ;) and yes he does have a thick scottish accents. [smilie=th_giggle] You like them like that huh? Hee hee! Just playing with ya. I really like him in the movie 300. Really good movie too.

Aria- Ooo going away for the weekend with a hotel and a pool too. You must be excited. Get that bathing suit ready then. Hee hee! Have fun and good luck to your son for his tournament game. [smilie=th_aa17]

Nothing much happening to me today. Well my mom stop by earlier today and so we had lunch together. It was a nice surprise....and now just wondering when will i get my Haley's Heavenly Scent package since its about to pass that 3 weeks mark for the TAT. Me wana try it already [smilie=th_gif]

Recent melts:

CFTKR Coffee Ice Cream- I love the smell of coffee but i didnt really like this so much. Maybe having it as a tart melt isnt for me. Ill just stick with just drinking them. Lol.

CFTKR Citrus Scensation- me like this

CFTKR Monkey Munchies-not bad, not bad ^_^

LOL Plum Crazy- smells like dry plum to me, almost like those dried prune snacks kinda smell. It also had a pastry bakery scent to it which i didnt expect. Dont really like this one actually.

Happy Melting Everyone

I hate to be a pest, but for those who have tried Haley's candles, how do you like them? Good throw and scents? I guess I'm looking for a new vendor to try. I really like votives too. I need a few candles to give as gifts and some votives, so opinions graciously accepted.

sweet&spicey, that is a picture of Gerard Butler. He is an actor. He was the Phantom in the movie version, Phantom of the Opera and in "P.S. I love You". I was looking for an avatar and just wasn't ready for a holiday one yet. So I thought Gerard might spice things up a bit [smilie=th_smilies-2] He has a thick Scottish accent too [smilie=th_giggle]

Joan - Well, sign me up for the Gerard Butler fan club! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Is he as handsome in Phantom or did they uglyfy him up for the part? As soon as I get a DVD player I'm gonna get that movie. (No...I'm NOT the only person in the whole USA that doesn't have a DVD yet. As my nephew is fond of telling me. [smilie=th_roll] ) Am I? [smilie=th_ee29] [smilie=th_pardon]

SweetTart - I'm looking forward to getting my first Haley's order, too. [smilie=th_dancing_smile] I have a feeling all the enthusiastic comments on here about her products generated a lot of orders and we probably overwhelmed her.

I've added a candle to the mix, Illuminations Almond Biscotti.

G'Night all...sweet dreams! [smilie=thzzz003]

Denny, OMG I have that scent from Haleys too...I need to get to meltin it, what do you think about it??

Busymom - Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I've been MIA for most of the week. I'm not very good at describing scents, but Mrs. Claus Cookies from Haley's reminds me of a sugar cookie with an extra special kick. I love it! If you've had a chance to melt yours I hope you enjoyed it.

Tonight I'm melting Apple Caramel Confection from Fragrant Memories. Great throw! [smilie=th_yahoo]

Aria, you are prob lounging in the pool right now and missing this, but, yeah, my old guy sometimes doesn't finish his bizness. I googled once and it said it could be a dominance thing - which makes sense in this house since there is a year old whippersnapper that needs to know the pecking order, LOL!

Joan - Holy moly girl, you woke me up! Nice avi! [smilie=th_ecd36868]

I have good luck with my Haley's orders, also. I only have tarts so far, but need some candles for gifts, so I may try hers.

Tonight is Daniela's Pumpkins Spice Roll.

Hey y'all. It's a beautiful morning here but I think we finally have some rain on the way. It is so needed in our part of the country. I am melting Carol's Holiday Sparkle and Can-Do-Sugared Spruce. My house is smelling minty fresh.

Good morning!

Vienna - I hope your tooth is feeling better!

Joan - I also hope that you've recovered from the stomach flu. I dread getting that. I once got it twice in one year (the year DD started pre-k).

Aria - Good luck to your DS!

Tarts:

Cranberry Corn Muffins - CFKTR

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll - CFTKR

Pumpkin Marshmallow - CFTKR

Candle:

Cranberry Orange - YC

Pumpkiin Pie - YC

Aria - good luck to DS#2's team in the hockey tournament today! [smilie=th_yahoo]

I'm melting Can-Do's Cinnamon Sugared Cranberries and burning Slatkins Frosted Cupcake candle and YC Cranberry Chutney votive. I really like to see the glow from a candle in the morning and evening now that the daylight is getting shorter. :wub:

Have a great weekend all! [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

Happy weekend!

Aria, good luck to your son's team. I hope you're all having a very fun weekend!

PuppyLove- Good to hear the rave about Haley's Heavenly scent. I place my 1st order with her from a sale in Oct. and still anxiously waiting for the package to arrive. Its been 3 weeks already. *sighs* [smilie=th_anyminute]

SweetTart, TAT on this latest sale was 3 weeks to the day for me. Hope you get your goodies soon!

I hate to be a pest, but for those who have tried Haley's candles, how do you like them? Good throw and scents? I guess I'm looking for a new vendor to try. I really like votives too. I need a few candles to give as gifts and some votives, so opinions graciously accepted.

Katz, you're not a pest at all, nope! I love Haley's candles, especially the 10 oz. double wick apothecary jars. For me, those had excellent throw. I didn't get much throw from the 8 oz. single wick Mason jar. Maybe it was just that scent, I don't know. All my candles have burned beautifully with almost no soot. Wicks were problem free. I haven't tried Haley's votives, but I have some votives from Kristin's Kandles and I'm very happy with those. The throw is light on these (as opposed to her tarts) but I think that's fairly typical for votives, isn't it?

I'm melting the oh-so-grand Vanilla Butter Fudge from Can-Do. Can't wait for her upcoming sale! [smilie=th_th3de3a8c4]

Gail

Good morning, everyone! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

I have a mini jar of YC Autumn Wreath melting on my electric combo warmer. Not sure why, but I always seem to have trouble with the wicks on these small versions of the classic Yankee jars. I think the little jars are just cute as can be, but for their regular price of around $9 you would think they would burn better! Has anyone else noticed a similar problem with these?

It's interesting to hear that others struggle with their kitties not covering up in their box too. Our tabby was an adult when we got him from a shelter, and we are quite sure he had been abused in some way or another. He never learned to play or do normal cat things, and to this day if he starts to play with us or bats a string around he looks up at us with anxiety, like he's worried he's doing something wrong. I figured the box problem could be explained by similar reasons, but maybe he would have always done that anyway.

Good Morning All! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe ...finally got a cup of joe outa my Keurig...it has been holding out of me for about an hour. I have never heard of a coffee machine that works when it feels like it!?!? [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

Melting:

Vanilla Shake Cake from LOL

7-up Pound Cake from CFTKR

Have a nice one! [smilie=th_c032]

Melting Cranberry Muffin this morning from Scentsy. The weather continues to be absolutely beautiful here. November is one of the best months in Vegas, IMO. Hope everyone has a wonderful week-end!

Melting Night Blooming Jasmine from CBV in the bedroom, Gingerbread "something or other" from "someone"......it was an older melt but still kicking. Also burning my Sugared Spruce/Goldilocks combo candle in the computer room. That's all for me today.

Nothing much going on either. Cleaned up a bit, got the laundry all ready to go and just have to drop my DS off later to a friends house. Hope you are all well. Have a wonderful weekend.

[smilie=th_76d65c2f] Thank you for indulging my avatar ladies! I promise Gerard won't tell our secrets!

If you haven't seen Phantom of the Opera, you MUST! But I warn you, it will ruin you, ruin you forever [smilie=th_c032]

Todays melts have been Carol's Christmas Past~ just fabulous! and YC Green Apple. This one is light, but nice. Changing out soon. Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday.

Even though I am sick today I managed to still put stuff on today for those to enjoy in the household.

we are burning slatkins creamy pumpkin. With every candle I've gotten from them, seems like the wicks have trouble staying lit.

We also have santas night cap on by lol in the childrens bedroom. out in the living room we have candy corn candle from GCC burning.

Just got back from the mall. I was at Hobby Lobby and picked up a large Darsee and David jar of Summer Berries half price ($6) and have it under the lamp. It smells divine--love it. It is a pretty red color also. I have lit my Dollar General Winter Woods candle also so I am set for the evening. It has been a dreary and very chilly day here--30 degrees colder than yesterday which is quite a shock to the system. Have a great night everyone.

MaggieMae - what's wrong with your Keurig (besides being cranky [smilie=th_roll] )? Does it not heat the water for U? [smilie=th_u51]

Mpfand - so glad your boiling hot weather has finally cooled 4 U! [smilie=snoopy] What are your average high/low temps right now?

Crazy4scents - sorry to hear you're not feeling well [smilie=th_empathy] ...hope U get a good nights rest and feel better tomorrow!

Wow trep [smilie=th_autumboy] ...30 degrees colder is a big change in one day! Brrrrr.

I'm melting Nene's Fall Festival....a wonderful scent! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Hey friends...

Sorry to have been missing for a bit, an old friend's daughter got married today and my daughter was in her wedding, its been a full weekend with lots going on, but I have received a few yummy smellies from an order and from my best friend, so its been alot of fun!!

Melted Haleys Bearclaw from my bestest last night and I loved it so much...totally yummy and any of you on the fence with possibly ordering from Janet, do it, you will NOT be disappointed, her candles are incredible and I give her a huge shout out!! I know she is busting it tryin to get those orders out, you will be so pleased when you get them, it will be worth the wait!!

Hope everyone has a great night, I am going to rest my weary bones [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

We also have santas night cap on by lol in the childrens bedroom. out in the living room we have candy corn candle from GCC burning.

Crazy4scents, how is that Santas Night Cap? Sounds quite interesting. hiccup.

This morning it is Yankee Buttercream, Christmas Cookie and Pumpkin Pie. Will be frying chicken later so wanted a mellow smell to mix with that. Have a lovely Sunday, everyone.

What time is dinner? th_f5a39fcb.gif Homemade fried chicken? Super yum.

BBW - Vanilla Shortbread jar

YC - Beware and Witches Brew votives

still working on that Sears pillar. The thing was so tall, but now its short.

OMG - Cranberry Cinnamon melt

CHS - All Hallow's Eve melt (I think)