The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

November's Feast of Fragrances

Wow Gail...creepy!!! You will have to tell us some other things that have happened...interesting!! But also scary!!

Missy...congrats on the new job!!!

Candle Fan...so funny about blowing the gerbil out from under the stove!! LOL!

I also love the movie "The Others"...loved the ending too!

Today it's Ultimate Bakery from FP...love this great bakery scent!

Good Evening!

For tonight I'm melting CCCC Apple Spice Cake and it's very yummy!

Maggie and trep-thanks for the comments on my avatar and no maggie the girl in the picture is not a family member just a little cutie munching on apples!

Have a great night all!

Gail- Those stories about your house are fascinating and scary too.

Sweet- Good Luck wit your new job.

Candlefan-I would have been so scared if a gerbil was loose in my house.

I have been out all day and now I can finally relax. I am burning a candle I forgot I had-Country Chunkie Vanilla Pound Cake which smells so delicious and authentic and Haley's Butternut Pumpkin. Gail - I am liking this one a lot also. Very clean burns on both these candles and a very nice throw. Both are the small 8 oz. mason jar.

SweetTart - [smilie=th_congratulations] on your new job....such good news! [smilie=th_clap1]

Debra - why is it the dogs don't bark when we want them to? And if your dear kitty had only meow-ed you would have caught on much sooner. [smilie=th_cha69] Glad there was a happy ending. [smilie=th_catkiss]

I'm remelting last nights Cozy Cottage Pumpkin Souffle. [smilie=th_1_bigone110] ...it was SO good [smilie=th_smilies-2] I wanna eke out every last drop of scent out of it. I think I'll burn a candle, too, just don't know which one yet. Sounds like many of us are burning more candles now that it's getting dark earlier. I agree Candleove - they make our living spaces cozier. Don't smack me, but, we're supposed to get our first light snow tonight. [smilie=snoopy] [smilie=th_pardon]

Michele, thanks for your thoughts on the Butternut Pumpkin. Sounds mmm mmm good! How fun for you to discover a yummy candle you forgot you had. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Sweet, [smilie=th_1_bigone110] snow's on the way already, eh? Enjoy!

This afternoon I've been melting Sweet Orange Chili Pepper from SSS. It's a really good one, plus it let me save some letter S's for this evening's use. [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Have a lovely Friday evening, folks!

Gail, so goofy

Good Night everyone...

Been a busy busy day...whewww, glad to be heading to bed..but I enjoyed reading some of the stories of today..wow Gail, your stories are very interesting!! I am scared of my own shawdow, use to love scary movies, not anymore, I fly up my basement steps I am such a baby..LOL!!

Melting away tonight...my favs are CBV Pumpkin Frap...OMG this scent is amazing!! Burning Haleys Apple Orchard too...YUM!!!

Sleep well [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Still burning:

Village Candle - Maine Blueberries

Slatkin - Orange Sapphire

Melts today:

CFTKR - Fruity Loops

SSS - Blueberry Fried Pie

CCCC - Orange Cranberry Muffin

Maggie - I am sad about Candles, Melts and More, too. They had a fabulous Toffee Crunch.

Gail - I also have a light that turns off and on at night. It is in the headboard and sometimes we wake up and it is on! Then, in a bit it goes off. We had a lot of odd noises when we first moved in but after a few weeks they stopped. I guess the ghosty got tired of trying to spook us since we weren't afraid. We were more curious than worried.

Tonight I am melting Cinnamon Sandalwood by Just Right while watching the old Wuthering Heights with Ralph Fiennes.

Good Saturday morning all! [smilie=group_hug]

I'm melting CFTKR's Sweet Cupcake and burning Slatkins Frosted Cupcake and YC Cranberry Chutney votive. The weatherman messed up (again? :lol: ), no snow overnight here...just a few stray flakes.[smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

For all those in DST - don't forget to set your clocks back an hour before going to bed tonite. [smilie=th_anyminute]

edited to add a group hug

Good Morning [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Just a few flakes here too..not much, but thats ok, just fun to watch the flakes come down!! Hopefully more is to come in the season!!

Melting a wonderful tart from Sugar and Spice..Christmas Balsam, OMG this is filling my whole living/dining room up..its awesome!! I was in the mood for a good spicy/evergreen scent and this is soo it!!

Have a wonderful Saturday [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Happy Weekend! [smilie=yes]

Debra, you have an odd phenomenon with your headboard light, do ya? I love these little mysteries! Our odd occurrences have fortunately never been scary. I'm not real brave and my DD-i-L and my darling dog are easily frightened. They weren't even scared. There's just nothing that seems at all bad about these happenings. I think the light thing could be an electrical malfunction but it seems we have to keep explaining things away, so I've gone with the obvious choice ------>> GHOST! [smilie=th_foolish1] I'm glad some of you are enjoying this little sub-topic. There's probably a perfectly logical explanation but so far, it's eluded us. And Casper the FG is just kinda fun. Okay, weird, yeah. But fun! [smilie=th_yay]

Sweet and Busymom, just a few flakes? Enough to make things look pretty and get you in a holiday mood? Hope so! Sounds like the weather people definitely flaked out. [smilie=th_tease-1]

I'm melting Can-Do's Vanilla Bean Cookie, one of the rare bakery scents that I'm crazy about.

Gail

Hey guys,

Just wanted to start off by saying "Cindy (aka busymom) IS afraid of her own shadow". She is the biggest baby and will not watch a scary movie when she comes for a visit. Maybe I will get my youngest son to convince her next time. She cannot resist his charm........he's too adorable. LOL

Anyway, I am only melting one thing this morning. Its from Haley's (Janet) and its called Brown Sugared Pound Cake. A very nice vanilla/bakery yummy comforting scent. Will report back later on others to follow.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

BTW, I cannot stop sniffing my hands. I also just got my Lush (UK...1 darn week Yea!!!) order in and got a new lotion to try out on these horrible dry hands. I got Sympathy for the skin and its amazing!!! Perfect soft vanilla and so yummy. Its my all time favorite item from Lush right now. Well, in addtion to many many others.

Maureen, that Lush scent does sound totally yummy!

This morning I have been melting Can-Do's Pumpkin Bread Puddin. Oh my gosh, this scent is fabulous and has my whole home smelling wonderful! This one is a definite re-order! :tongue:

[smilie=th_FULL_O17] Yep Mau, if Todd will watch it with me and protect me, then I will do it for him..but the nightmares that come later, OMG, I will need therapy!! LOL

Hi Candle Guys and Gals!

Things are a little bit calmer here. Sorry for the meltdown the other day. Everything was going wrong from little things around the house to my dad. It just all added up into one big meltdown. DH calmed me down quite a bit over the phone. It had been a rough week. Things are getting a little better emotionally and DH will be home on Monday and home for a while. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

DD's friend is coming over for a playdate so she picked out:

Tart:

Strawberry Zucchini Bread - CFTKR

Candle:

Cranberry Orange - YC (in the turkey candle holder...looks very pretty!)

Can't wait to catch up on all of the posts I've missed.

Happy Saturday!

SweetTart - Congratulations on the new job! 3120.gif

Melting Blueberry Zucchini Bread - CFTKR.

LLVV--glad you are feeling calmer--sometimes we all have to have a meltdown to help us get through stuff--I know I do. Hang in there.

All day it has been Yankee Macintosh--I was gone most of the day and it was nice to come home and have the house smelling so good. Think I'll just leave it for the rest of the day.

I am getting ready to do a cook-a-thon so meals are ready for next week!

Debra - our tarts & candles smell great, but I imagine the smells coming from your kitchen right now are even better! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Busymom - don't feel bad...I won't watch scary stuff, either. I did when I was a kid with no problems, but now I'd be peeking out the window at every little noise. [smilie=th_ee29]

LLVV - glad to see you here! We all need to vent sometimes and try to prevent the times we explode...or implode! [smilie=th_aa17]

My afternoon melt was CFTKR's Autumn Morn - luv this one for fall! Have now changed to 1803 Candle's Ginger Cupboard.

[smilie=th_goodnight]

LLVV~ No need to worry...that's what we're here for! Venting is good for the body. Glad things are calmer today! :)

Debra~ I know! I remember she told me that she might open back up in the future cause she loved making the tarts, but it looks like it's not gonna happen....BOO HOO!!! [smilie=th_shout]

Melting:

Blueberry Ala Mode from WnS

Blueberry Cornbread from CFTKR... [smilie=th_yahoo]

Night, night.. [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Good morning and Happy Sunday to everyone!

LoveAlarmClock.gifDid everyone remember to fall back?

I picked a random tart to melt this morning...

Pink Candy Cane from Luna Bleu ~ this tart is throwing like crazy after only 1/2 hour in the melter, my whole house is filled with fragrance! I may turn the melter off for a while and let the fragrance die down a bit.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday! HeartCandles-1.gif