The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

November's Feast of Fragrances

Good Morning everyone... [smilie=th_blij51]

Its a COLD one here and I love it [smilie=th_dancing_smile] This is the best time of year!!

Melting CBV Goldilocks today, this scent is amazing..totally hard to decribe but so very good!!!

Aria, I love your cute little smiles, they always make me smile [smilie=th_76d65c2f] Hope you have recovered from your trick or treaters!

Trep, I so agree with you, this chilly season just makes it fun to light a candle up..its cuddle time [smilie=th_autumboy]

Gail, [smilie=th_FULL_O17] I too, love the thread title, very nice name!

Have a good day everyone [smilie=th_ahaaha]

[smilie=th_congratulations] Gail on the new thread title!!!

Aria~ You got 300? Pretty good...we usually get around 200+ but only got a little over 100 this year....it was a slow day. :(

Not slow enough for the DH who was watching football and was complaining cause the dog kept barking everytime the doorbell rang! Grumpy.

Melting:

Snickerdoodle Latte from Snickerdoodle Creations....love this! Enjoying it while I drink my Glazed Chocolate Donut K-cup.... [smilie=th_316785e4]

The Banana Cream Pie was a no go for us here. DH took one sniff after it had been under the lamp for an hour and I knew he hated it. Truthfully, it was a little too much cream pie and not enough banana for me as well. He was really sweet, though, said he'd try and tolerate it but I turned it off. I have a friend who will love it. So I moved on and did Yankee Raspberry Cream--love that one. Then I had been burning the special edition Spiced Pumpkin for days--no throw so thought since there was about 1/3 of it left I'd put it in the crock warmer. Left for a couple of hours and returned to a horrible stench. Smelled like burned celery-=-yuk!! So turned that off and now I am doing Chocolate Chip Cookie and Christmas Cookie--much better. It is breezy and cool here today--perfect fall day.

Hi everyone. Sounds like everyone is enjoying the chilly autumn days. I love November too. Melting Carol's Sea Island Grapefruit, definitely a reorder for me. Also melting Can Do's Country store. I always love this one. They are good mixed up a little too. I will try burning my Slatkin Cranberry Woods this afternoon. I hope the wicks are ok on this one. I will return the mint one from last night. I think I will try a new scent too, maybe 'Tis the Season.

Trep, sorry about the candle problems. I hate it when that happens.

Tonight I am melting my last tart from Suds and Light (OOB)- and I need to find someone else making it: Ginger Krumkake.

Debra - have U tried CrossCreeks Gembertaarts? Here's the description - Swedish Gingerbread cupcake with spices, molasses and buttery notes It's delish [smilie=th_dancing_smile] & may be like the Ginger Krumkake.

I started a new candle this evening, Slatkin's Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin. It's behaving quite nicely but I'm not getting any throw at all.

Puppy - did your candle decide to play nicely? [smilie=th_ahaaha] I hope so, cuz the one I have is really good. Not as strong as their Pumpkin Patch (IMO), but, still yummy. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I'm melting Carol's Sweet Apple Corn Muffins :wub: and burning ACG's Juicy Apple.

It has been a nice quiet relaxing day. The weather has really changed.

Trep-Sorry about the candles. I hate when that happens. I have been burning a YC 2 wick tumbler of Spiced Pumpkin. I have to say that the throw on this has been poor.

Melting all from Crosscreek this afternoon-

Hayride

Creamy Fall Trifle

Heart of Autumn

It definitely smells like Fall in here!

It's been such a warm, pretty afternoon here in Colorado that it hasn't felt inviting to melt hearty, warm, spicy scents. Instead, YC Lakeside Birch, a fresher Autumn scent, has been liquifying in my electric melter day. But I'm starting to get tired of it and might pop in something totally different in a while. Maybe something fruity or a bit spicey like Baton Rouge.

I really like the November thread title too-- great one! The only thing better than a turkey feast is a feast of scents!

I'm bummed for Joan and all the rest of you who have been having some wick and scent problems. How frustrating! Next to drowning wicks, no-throws are my biggest frustration, followed closey by scents with yucky chemical undertones. Here's to better burning ahead!! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Thanks for the sympathy, pals and the same to all of you who have had wick issues, throw issues, etc. My Chocolate Chip Cookie didn't work either and I had to air the house out for several hours before I could stand it. Just one of those days I guess but I have on Christmas Cookie now in my crock and all is well. Isn't it funny how your mood can change depending on whether your scents are working for you or not? Have a great evening everyone.

Hi guys,

Been a bit busy lately with our school's Scholastic Book Fair.........ugh! I am NOT cut out for retail. Too much pressure for me. LOL Worked late a few nights and I'm not loving it, at all. Its almost over though.

Aria, I am fine. Maybe you could tell me about Busymom as I have not really talked to her much the past few days....hehe. I think she is ok though. We text throughout the day and she seems good. Hey buddy.

Today I am burning Citrusmoon from CBV and Pumpkin Pie from Ozbun Candles. Both are very yummy. I am going to bed VERY early tonight, like in 10minutes........nah maybe a couple of hours.

Hope everyone is doing good. I didn't read the past posts as its just too much to catch up on. I just skimmed through. Night all.

Hi friends,

Candlefan, Busymom, and Maggie, I'm glad you like the November thread title. [smilie=thank_you]

Hey Maggie, a hundred trick-or-treaters is a slow night? [smilie=th_1_bigone110] I love that Glazed Chocolate Donut K-cup too! [smilie=th_aa17]

Candlefan, it's warm here too. Supposed to be 86 tomorrow. Good grief! [smilie=th_a136]

Maurie, I'm glad your book fair's almost over. That doesn't sound like something I'd want to do either.

Trep and Candlefan, sorry you girls have had candle troubles too.

Puppy - did your candle decide to play nicely? [smilie=th_ahaaha] I hope so, cuz the one I have is really good. Not as strong as their Pumpkin Patch (IMO), but, still yummy. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Sweet, I tried Slatkin Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin again this morning and got nuthin'. I may try once more tonight but I don't have much hope. :mad: The little brat is probably going back tomorrow.

I'm melting SSS's Cowgirl Kisses, which is vanilla and a hint of leather. Not sure why I ordered anything with leather in the description, but it's really a good 'un! [smilie=th_00000020]

Ya win some, ya lose some...

Gail

Hey Sweet - I have not tried that Crosscreek tart - I need to give it whirl, doesn't she have a sale going this week? Seems like I remember being cranky because hers always end before we West Coasters get home from work. I imagine they would frown on internet shopping at work!

Tonight I am melting Scentsy Coconut Lemongrass. This sounds like a good scent for you, Puppy, with temps like that! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

I just wanted to let everyone know that my dad's situation has gotten bad and if you do not see me posting please don't boot me off. I think there is a posting requirement and right now I just don't have the energy to post what I'm melting. He was in the hospital last week for a pain crisis, was discharged today against his doctor's recommendation but the doctor still discharged him and then the shoe fell. He should of never been discharged and now his situation is bad as my mom cannot properly care for him due to his very limited mobility. She's frazzled and in denial, I'm just frazzled and sick to my stomach, and my dad is in worse shape than when he was in the hospital. I had "the talk" with my mom about hospice and then I called his caseworker who was concerned about him going him as their home isn't set up properly for his needs and my mom's work schedule. She took the rest of the week after after bringing him home because he can't be alone since he can't walk due to the pain. I'm not sure if she's ready to accept hospice but in my heart I know it's the right place for him. I think he's entered the terminal part of the disease and hospice can provide him with the comfort and doctor free environment at home that he desires. I don't see the point of chemo anymore as the cancer is too far spread to really do much in terms of extending his life. I haven't had "the talk" with him because this hasn't been confirmed with the oncologist it's just what I've researched. However, this is the social worker's goal but this goal cannot be achieved right now due to the pain. He's on very serious and dangerous pain medications (methadone for chronic pain which is the dangerous one) because the other serious stuff doesn't help (morphine,Oxycotin, Vicodin...all jokes as they don't touch the pain...hard to believe I know). He needs radiation therapy and he has 10 days left of it. This is the only way to relieve the pain from the metastatic soft tissue tumor that is causing his pain and problems. The colon tumor isn't bothering him at all except that it's throwing cancer cells to every end of his body. TMI I know but I was afraid that if I don't post for a few days then my membership might be terminated. I love this board. I am not in the mood right now for too much candle talk as I'm physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted. I've been trying so hard to prevent him from ever getting into this situation but my advice just went unlistened to which has been causing me an enormous amount of stress for the past 2 months. I'll be around but if I got MIA for a day or two just know that I'm dealing with this and helping my family out as much as I can. Thank you everyone!

Oh boy LLVV, I am so very sorry for what you are going through. Its hard enough to deal with the health issues of anyone close to you, but your dad is your dad. Its awful seeing your parents like this. I hope that he can have many good feeling times during this struggle. We will all be here when you can stop by, I'm sure. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

LLVV, so sorry to hear about your Dad. Take care dear friend...you are a wonderful daughter and I am praying that hospice is the answer and gives your dad some relief and comfort. We are here whenever you can come back and post. In the meantime, sending hugs and prayers your way.

LLVV: You will never regret the amount of time that you spend with your Dad during this transitional time of his life. I know you and your Mom and worn to the bone physically and mentally. Hospice would be a blessing to you both at this point. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and do not apologize for not being here. You are where you need to be. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

LLVV

I am so sorry for all that you and your family are going through. You are in my prayers.

Debbie

Seems trivial, but I am melting Cider Web from YC

Sending up special thoughts and prayers for you and your Dad, LLVV! I am sorry to hear of this and will be thinking of you!!

LLVV, I'm so sorry this is happening. Please know that you have a whole support system right here for you. Hoping and praying for the best and sending hugs your way. [smilie=th_empathy]

Oh LLVV, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news and am keeping you, your dad, and your whole family in my thoughts and prayers. As others have said, we'll all be here for you, my friend.

I ended up exchanging Slatkin Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin for Snow Apple Mint. Cold sniff is divine and the reviews say it's more of a background scent. That's okay with me as long as I can smell SOMETHING, KWIM?

I finished up that great Cowboy Kisses melt and am just starting FM's Lime Cotton Candy.

Gail