The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

November's Feast of Fragrances

My Furnace Guy has arrived!!! Yes, we had heat but not too warm at night.

I am melting Carol's Bonfire Bliss this morning. I'll check back in later. I hope everyone is doing well on this Cyber Monday.. [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Good morning!

Count me in as a Holiday Sage fan too! I haven't burned my candle yet but I loved the cold smell so much that I ended up buying 3 jars. It's very different and very wintery smelling. The color is pretty too.

Yesterday after going to the movies to see Tangled we went to YC to exchange my Vanilla Oak candle. Pretty scent but I know that if I burn it, it will irritate my nose. I got Blackberry Tea for the exchange and bought Bahama Breeze which is very fruity. I smelled Fluffy Towels which was nice but again, it will irritate my nose. Orange Dreamsicle was ok for me but DD loved it.

On Saturday we went to the YC outlet. I was scared to death to go to the outlets this weekend but it wasn't too bad...only 5 minutes to find a parking spot close to YC. I don't mind walking but when I'm carrying heavy YC bags that have the potential to break I wont park far away from the store. I didn't find any interesting candles but I did score a bunch of tart burners that YC makes exclusively for the UK. YC is sending UK merchandise to the outlets because it sells really well at that outlets. If anyone is a glass tart burner collector, it's worth the trip to check these out...very pretty and only $8 each.

I just read on Carol's Facebook page that her daughter and son's operation is tomorrow morning. Sending prayers and positive thoughts their way.

Today's scents:

Tarts:

Iced Oatmeal Cookie - CFTKR

Sweet Berry Zucchini Bread - CFTKR

Candles:

finishing up Cinnamon Roll - YC

Good morning!

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and scored at the sales if you were in "seek" mode. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I'm melting FM's Cranberry Spice and boy, it's a good 'un. [smilie=yes]

Gail, too busy [smilie=th_fear8]

Hi everyone and I hope you all had a great holiday weekend!

Today I'm melting

CFTKR's Harvest Cakes,Indian Sweet Bread and a Slatkin Candle in Cinnamon Stick

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm still recuperating from having 5 kids stay with us for 4 nights. Ha! It was so much fun, though. Now it's too quiet in the house. I'm melting Toasted Apple Butter from Scentsy. I hope to get my Christmas decorations out tomorrow.

It was warm and sunny enough today to pick the last peas and yank the plants. It looks like I'm done gardening for the year.

Right now the only thing going is CrossCreek's Elf Treats. It's yummy! I smell chocolate in there somewhere. I have 2 Warm Glow candles burning (Evening Mocha and Northern Pine) but they're more for looks.

Katz [smilie=th_autumboy] - hope you have heat now!

LLVV - thanks [smilie=thank_you] for letting us know about Carol's kids. I was wondering when it was scheduled.

I'm melting FP's Prairie Kitchen. When it first started I thought it was just going to smell like a cherry tootsie pop, but when it got going I could smell a twang of something else but couldn't put my finger on it [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] , so looked it up. That's what it is ....bread! [smilie=th_200912104451] Excellent combo! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Good evening!

Sweet, I love that Prairie Kitchen from Front Porch...on first sniff i always think cherry pie, but it becomes complex the longer it melts and it's just fantastic

Tonight's melt is Haley's Honey Graham Cracker and i'm also burning Slatkin's Kitchen Spice candle...yummy combo... [smilie=cloud_9]

Fleur - I am not familiar with that YC scent - how is it?

Today is Tuscaderos - Berries and Twigs.

Hi debra..... the YC Christmas in Paris is a nice sweet pine scent. I got it at Homegoods. [smilie=th_c032]

Today's scent is Peppermint Candy from the Better Homes & Gardens line at Wal-Mart. I picked up some cubes yesterday when I ran over for some replacement Christmas lights. I saw the candle aisle, and well, I'm sure everyone here knows what happened next... [smilie=th_giggle]

Anyway, it smells just like a candy cane and is throwing quite well - let's see how long it lasts. I'm a little skeptical since I'm usually not big on Wal-Mart wax (though the tealights aren't bad) - bad memories of some scentless Paula Deen candles. <_<

mj - Scentsationals makes the BH&G line, and they seem to have a pretty good throw. I don't have a Walmart (Waaa) near, but friends have bought them and seemed pleased. They get a lot of info/feedback from the FB page.

Thanks, Fleur, for the info. I need to go back to HomeGoods, but it is so darn dangerous!

Tonight is Lookout Mountain, Pink Bombshell. Wish I knew what is going on with them - their site says they will be open in mid October...

SweetTart - sometimes when families gather together 'stuff' happens. All in all, tho, we can only be responsible/answerable for our actions. I'm glad the day ended well for U. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

sweet&spicey- true true..I agree. Thanx, i was glad it ended well too. [smilie=th_sml29]

Sweetart, this is one of many many lessons you will learn. So sad, but family times tend to bring out the worse. Supposed to work the other way around. Well, I guess in the end yours did. [smilie=th_cocktail]

Maureen- Lesson learn indeed and i see, i see. I guess like sweet&spicey said..sometime 'stuff' happens. But yes, in the end in a way it kinda did ended well...and oh thats so silly funny how trep got the same avatar as you! Hee hee! [smilie=th_giggle]

I saw the candle aisle, and well, I'm sure everyone here knows what happened next... [smilie=th_giggle]

mjclkc- I know what you mean!! I feel for ya! Im just like ya! Hahahaha!! [smilie=th_friends]

LLVV- Im a fan of glass tart burners!! Good to know about that YC sending UK merchandise to the outlets. So that means the outlets have some exclusive sales that a regular YC store might not have! Cool! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] Thanx for sharing that. Fluffy towels sure sounds interesting. Oh yeah, how cool you went to see Tangles!! I wana see that. Hee hee! :tongue:

debra99- Thanx for sharing that Scentsationals makes the BH&G line at walmart. I didnt know that. Interesting to know.

Well I have so many tarts that i still need to use up, especialy when i just received a 9lb CFTKR package on top of the tarts that i already have...Lol, but I place an order with Fragrant Memories and Distinctly Pink to take advantage of the sale. Sale plus free shipping, come on. I gotta take advantage of that! Hehehe! FM is one of my fav and first time to try DP. Can't wait!! Yey!! Hee hee!! :laugh:

Nitey Nite everyone!!

I started out today trying out a new spring Yankee scent Bahama Breeze in a tart. Sorry to say I didn't like it. I thought I would as it is Pineapple, Grapefruit, and Mango but once it got completely melted and started to throw good it seemed to me to have a strong undertone. Kind of like some kind of plant or something. Could just be me. I smelled the Orange Dreamsicle at the store--smells just like its name--but I already know I don't like candles with an orange/vanilla scent and the Fluffy Towels smells like a much softer version of Clean Cotton with some slight floral notes to it. I may try that one next time I'm at the store--has a lovely label.

So I now have on Yankee Raspberry Cream--I always like this one.

Have a great day everyone.

Catching up...busy day back at school, and two teachers on my hall had deaths in their families over Thanksgiving!

Sweetandspicey, I have looked at post counts over past years too and wondered where everyone went.

Recent melts:

YC farmhouse apple

YC Beware

Can Do bear claws

YC autumn leaves

Can Do kiwi sage and ginger

Haley's Christms cabin