The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

November's Feast of Fragrances

Hope everyone is having a great post-Thanksgiving weekend and kick-off to the Holiday season!

I just woke up (how fun to sleep in!) and put in a YC Winter Wonderland tart to start off. I thought that was a pretty appropriate scent because I'm "wondering" what to get everyone for Christmas! No last minute shopping for me this year-- been there and miserably done that.

We finished getting 0ur Christmas lights put up outside, and I suppose I will start putting away all the fall decorations this afternoon.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

LLVV--so glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. It made me feel good just to read about it.

Today is a lovely day here and I am enjoying it. I have on Yankee Strawberry Buttercream and Village Fresh Strawberries plus my Dollar General Iced Gingerbread. Just finished the turkey leftovers and plan to rest for a bit and finish my book. Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

Thanks Stardustgirl! It turned out that I needed to clean out my cache!

Melting:

Precious Kitty from Haley's...very lovely!

Have a smelly day! ;)

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and for those of you who went Black Friday shopping, hope you guys got some goodie sales. ^_^

LLVV- Aww it sure did put a smile for me on how you, your dad and your family had a great thanksgiving. happy for you indeed! Very cute how your dad seem so happy and talkative and was eating quite a bit for thanksgiving. Glad to hear that about your dad. Thanks for sharing.. it sure did put a smile on my face. :wub:

sweet&spicey- you are hilarious with your lingos here on the forum. "Did you gobbled until you wobbled?" LOL!! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Good to hear that most of you had a nice Thanksgiving. Me on the other not so much. -_- It started nice and calm and i was glad and happy that i get to help prepare and cook for thanksgiving at my brother/SIL house. Had some fun conversating away with my SIL while helping her out. But as dinner came near it turn for the worst for me which i really dont want to get into so much here on the forum but I ended tearing up and so upset. [smilie=th_cry2yw3] But it all ended on a happy note as everyone had left and Fiance, Bro, SIL and I was the last one there just conversate and joking our time away drinking some wine. Even though, it didnt really started so good, in the end it turn out to be nice.

Moral of the story here that i felt that many of my family members should have take is that we should try to appreciate the little things in life that people do for us. We might expect certain things from one another to do and want it to be shown in a certain way, but we should at least try to see that at least they are trying to show their gratitude and appreciation in their OWN way. We should not expect so much from one another but to simply appreciate those little things that is being done for one another. I was glad and kinda relief that i had a chance to express that to my family as it seem to be one of the main issue amongst us and I was very fond that at least it got through to a few of them. With this perspective that i have learn to take in my experiences from the past, it had change and made me a better person and shown me the positive side of life to enjoy...And that i am grateful. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Recent melts:

Haley's Country Clothesline- I must say this is going to be my all time fav clean scent. Love it!!

Haley's Mid Summer Night

CFTKR Citrus Smoothie

Happy Melting Everyone

SweetTart - sometimes when families gather together 'stuff' happens. All in all, tho, we can only be responsible/answerable for our actions. I'm glad the day ended well for U. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

My last melt for the day is FP's Christmas Cookies & Eggnog and it's totally droolicious! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] If this is what Santa gets on his yearly trek around the globe, I'm thinking of hunting him down and asking if I can go this year, too. [smilie=th_snoopy]

Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

Started a YC Christmas in Paris double wick candle this weekend.... nice!

Wishing everyone a great holiday season!!! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Good Sunday morning everyone! [smilie=th_wave]

No tarts 4 me yet, am only burning Slatkin's Holiday Wreath candle to see how far the scent will travel. So far, it's smelling good in the LR, DR, and kitchen. I'll go upstairs in a bit to see if it's gotten up there. GREAT scent! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Going to decorate before DD leaves to go back to school tomorrow. I am burning Haley's Mrs. Claus Candy Cane Cookies and YC Holiday Sage. So far the Holiday Sage smells as good as everyone raved about!

I will add some melts in a little while.

Katz - hope your furnace is fixed! It's too cold here to not have a working furnace. [smilie=th_autumboy]

Day 2 for SH Farmer's Market and Winter Candy Apple.

I've started LOL Tinsel in here. It's a really pretty scent, but hard to describe. I think they described it as "if tinsel had a smell" and yeah... that's about right.

I suppose I'll start up one of my YC Christmas tarts after church, but so far this morning I have been burning AMS Kickin' Cocoa. It smells like cocoa with a touch of cinnamon to me.

I woke up at the crack of dawn this morning, not sure why. Now I'm already feeling a nap coming on this afternoon! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Hey guys,

Trep....funny thing you should comment on my new avatar. The reason I have a new one is because YOU have my old standby................LOL [smilie=th_ANGRY_10] Did you know that you can get that one with the lights blinking too? Its a pretty one, but I will let you have it for this forum.....[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

LLVV, sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and you deserved it. My 15yr. old wanted me to head out on Thursday night, but I chickened out.

Sweetart, this is one of many many lessons you will learn. So sad, but family times tend to bring out the worse. Supposed to work the other way around. Well, I guess in the end yours did. [smilie=th_cocktail]

Hope everyone else is doing fantastic today and getting ready for a new work week. Bleh!

Burning a YC in the scent Happy Christmas. I like it alot. Its like Christmas Wreath with a slight fruity twist in there. Got this one at our YC store in the outlet mall here. It has a pretty label as well, with xmas ornaments on it. Enjoyable for sure.

Do y'all ever look at the number of views for each month on the SOTD main page? In Nov 2009, there were 25,259 views, but this November we haven't even reached 6,000 views yet. :shock: Whassup with that??? [smilie=th_scratch] Where'd everyone go? [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Just put on CrossCreek's Cinnamon Zucchini Rolls. Zucchini + Cinnamon =[smilie=th_th3de3a8c4] <-------- Me! [smilie=th_00000020]

Hey everyone...

Been a busy last couple of days around here...and now its almost time to start the work week up again..where did the time go??

Love all the new avatars..they are all so cute!! Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!! Be blessed!!!

Do y'all ever look at the number of views for each month on the SOTD main page? In Nov 2009, there were 25,259 views, but this November we haven't even reached 6,000 views yet. :shock: Whassup with that??? [smilie=th_scratch] Where'd everyone go? [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Just put on CrossCreek's Cinnamon Zucchini Rolls. Zucchini + Cinnamon =[smilie=th_th3de3a8c4]

Here I am, here I am. th_autumboy.gif It's been a busy time lately. I even missed out on several BF sales this weekend. I just couldn't get my timing together, but at least the house is all decorated for Christmas. Time to slow down and enjoy it.

I found an old stash tucked in with my holiday decorations. Melting:

Mookie Doodle - Yes, Milady

HoT - Key Lime Cotton Candy

Burning Slatkin - Vanilla Shortbread

This morning we started the day off with CYS- there must have been some magic as well as their solemn stillness. Now we've got going SSS melted marshmellows and pink sugar poundcake.

Also have been burning all day YC north pole(not smelling anything) as well as christmas cupcake(not getting anything with this one too).

I found an old stash tucked in with my holiday decorations. Melting:

Mookie Doodle - Yes, Milady

HoT - Key Lime Cotton Candy

Burning Slatkin - Vanilla Shortbread

[smilie=th_LA839B1117]

No place is safe from being a stash, is it?

It's been awhile since HoT has done tarts, hasn't it? I remember she had some good ones and saw rumblings of a reopening that never happened. Bummer. I liked Holly's scents.

I've figure out what LOL's Tinsel reminds me of: the baking flavoring that's called Creme Bouquet. It's tricky to describe but it's sugary kinda vanilla bakery with maybe the teeny-tiniest citrus hint. It's a good one.

Good Morning, It was a busy weekend here. We got our tree up and the house is decorated inside and out. While out shopping on Friday I picked up some Tyler votives to see how they do. I am extremely impressed by these. I put one in the bedroom in the fragrance of Upgrade this little votive scented the attached bathroom and found it's way out to the living room. Definately worth the $2.00. I will be getting more when I go back to this little shop. As much as I love YC I have to melt their votives in a 35 watt to get the scent. I may consider where I spend my money. The only thing with Tyler is they really don't have a great selection of bakery scents, which is my favorite.

I'm burning candles this morning from YC Christmas Cookie and Balsam & Cedar. Have a great day everyone.

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a wonderful turkey day....this morning I am melting Monster Munch from CYS and melted Busy Bee's Country Christmas last night....