The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Spook-tacular October Aromas!

All this talk about Apple Orchard is going to make me want to order! Again!

Tonight is Coral Dolpin - Spring Rain and CJ's Fresh Linen.

Recent melts:

CYS - Rumbly in the Tumbly

Slatkin - Black Amethyst

LSC - Peppermint & Cypress

Currenly burning Aromasy by Grazia - Cashmere Scarf

Busymom and Gail - Which double wicked Haley's candle did you get? I believe she has two sizes to choose from.

Regarding Haley's - I just received an order from Haley's today. It had been a year since I placed my last Haley's order. I'm really impressed with her new packaging. The plastic 2oz tart cups she is using now are very nice. Also, Janet informed me she is only using paraffin wax for her tarts and she uses Palm only when it is requested.

At this very moment I'm melting Frosted Honey Graham Crackers from Haley's. It smells great and has a good throw. :D

Hey Denny! [smilie=th_wave] My Apple Orchard candle is the 10 oz. double wicked apothecary jar. I haven't tried a lot of these, but so far they've all been perfect and I really love the size. [smilie=th_tigger] That's so interesting about Janet's packaging being better. My first order was just a couple months ago, so I don't have a frame of reference for the old packaging. I only know I like everything about HHS. Well, except for a couple of palm tarts that wouldn't throw for me.

Oh, another thought, FWIW to any of you... I don't usually cut larger tarts in half because I'm kinda lazy I guess. [smilie=th_smiley-yawn] But, as mentioned before, Janet's big tarts don't fully melt in my 20 oz. melter so I do cut them and get twice the bang for my buck. So far, the throws have been really good. With Janet's very reasonable prices and free shipping, and now with the sale, I think the value is phenomenal!

Gail

Good Morning, I got a early start. just can't sleep lately. So I got up and started melting and burning. I have a votive from YC Autumn Fruit going in the entryway, can't really smell it but I love the little flame. Also melting from YC Farmer's Market in the kitchen. I love this scent I know when everyone else gets up they will notice this scent. In the bedroom I have from Can-Do Amish Apples. This is fantastic I can see a bag of this one in the near future.

Have a great weekend.

I agree that haley's value is phenomenal. I am going to plae a large order of Cheristmas scents soon. I also want to try her candles.

Currently on the 5th hour of GHBT tayberry and teakwood...one of my favorites. Don't believe she ever reopened though. [smilie=th_confused3]

At school I will be melting YC blueberry scone.

What happened to slpit?

Sadly,nothing melting yet. I have to get ready for work. I was up in the bed at 7:30 last night and turned the lights off about an hour later. AND I am still tired.....what is wrong with me?? Oh well, I guess I just needed to catch up and still need too.

Hey, does anyone think Haley's new cups are over 2oz? They are so huge. They do take a bit longer to melt down, but once they do man, watch OUT. I am very pleased and she is on her way to becoming a top favorite of many. Being sweet sure helps. There are quite a few vendors out there now that feel they are doing us a favor. Um, I don't think so..........There are many big candle companies that we could all resort to if necessary and they will always be around.

Off to get ready. Have a great day. I will be back later on with some melting info. Gotta come home from work and drop the gypsy (15yr. old) off at a friends house and then home to straighten up and THEN my computer and a nice glass of vino................

Good Morning...I will join in on the raves for Haley's...great waxies! I am glad we are keeping Janet in business! She is such a sweet and wonderful lady. Bless her. I had her Pink Candy Cane melting last night in our bedroom and it was divine.

This morning, I am melting Carol's Autumn Moon. This was a jumbo tart and took a while to melt, but it is starting to scent like crazy now. It's a nice mellow spicy scent.

I am off to run errands and so some shopping. I am very tempted to go to YC and see if I can sniff some of those rare treasures...the Banana Cream Pie sounds really interesting as does the cranberry peppermint.

Good morning!

Did someone mention YC's Banana Cream Pie? Aria, it's amazing!!!! Very different from Banana Nut Bread and Canary Island Banana. I bought 2 jars and I'm thinking of getting a 3rd...it's that good!

Tarts:

Peppermint - CFTKR

Cinnamon Cranberry Harvest - CFKTR

Winter Cabin - CFTKR

Candles:

Beware - YC

Pumpkin Patch - YC

Yeah, Dabba, where's Slpit been? That's the one thing I don't like about our forum. People come and then they go, dang it. :crysmiley1: As for me, [smilie=th_cc1] [smilie=th_c032]

Maurie, [smilie=th_idontknow] if Janet's tarts are bigger than 2 oz. They're the same size and in the same cups as Fragrant Memories' 2 oz. tarts. All I know is there's a lotta wax in them! [smilie=th_justcuz_goodpost] about vendor attitudes!

[smilie=th_teks0681] for a minute. Aside from your scents of the day, I always enjoy reading what everyone's up to. It's a fun little glimpse into my forum friends' world. Am I too nosy? [smilie=th_tease-1] It's a fairly quiet day here. I'm just organizing for classes tomorrow. This evening I'm taking my grandson to the airport. He's going to visit his mom in San Francisco for a few days. After I drop him off, I'm going to Home Goods! [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Back on topic. Melting LSC's yummy Apple Pumpkin Streusel this morning.

[smilie=th_bb20] to everybody!

Gail

Gail-You are not being nosy. I enjoy reading what everybody is up to also.

DH and I have a quiet weekend planned. We are going to spend the weekend at our beach house and get everything put away for the winter.

I am just burning 2 jars by Yankee Candle-Autumn Leaves and Spiced Pumpkin. It is a cool Fall day here so the candles feel cozy. These are 2 of my favorite but the Autumn Leaves seems to be overpowering the Spiced Pumpkin.

All this talk about Haley's is gonna do me in, too. [smilie=th_cha40] Been wanting to try her for a while, so, am making a list & checking it twice. [smilie=th_d6ac145d] Busymom and Puppy - I only see soy listed in her candles, is that what U have?

I'm melting CFTKR's Eggnog. It's been a long time since I tried Carol's Eggnog, but this was a freebie in my last order and I'm SO glad - it's delish!! [smilie=th_LOVE]

October has been uber busy for me, so I am looking forward to a quieter weekend for a change!

Evening melts:

CYS harvest moon

YC autumn fruit

YCcranberry chutney

Hey all! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

In from work and melting Crossroads Country Breakfast...yum. This was the last bunch in the bag. [smilie=th_insane]

Oh well...so my DD comes in from school and tells me that as she was walking down the hallway in school...everyone started saying they smelled "Yankee Candles" and realized it was her since even her violin smells like candles. I can not believe that even in a crowd of pre-teens...our candle aroma wafted forth!!! [smilie=th_giggle]

TGIF!!! I can sleep in tomorrow!

Hi everyone, never melted anything today. Out all day...Went to my friend's farm and helped her with the goats and animals and then went down to her house to sew for awhile where she has been teaching me and then off to the library and an Amish market for lunch...I did melt last night my last Blue Gecko tart, Pumpkin Brulee.

Gail, I read on the sale page, you posted about Fragrant Memories having a sale? Or something about them on another page/topic. Are there new owners because I thought they closed? Loved them too.

Ok, have a good night all!

Anjoymom~ Not Gail but yes, Fragrant Memories is open under new ownership. Donna sold her business to a friend and supposedly everything is the same!

Melting Haley's Spiced Apple in the kitchen and burning her Candied Apple in the computer room. Upstairs in my room is CBV's Sugared Pumpkin (create-a-scent). Thats it for tonight girls/guys.

I am beat again. I think I have to pay more attention to my B12 levels. They were low, last blood test and I was on task for a bit and then just totally got caught up in "life" and I HATE taking vitamins and such. Though they are the tiniest of pills and go under the tongue, so I should not complain and just "DO IT".

Will touch base over the weekend. Hopes its a great, fallish, fun-filled weekend for everyone. I am going to help Randi's daughter tomorrow. She is moving back across the street from her dad, to be close and she needs to get the little house ready.

Gail - Thank you for the Haley's candle size info. [smilie=thank_you]

Well, today was my last day teaching the 2nd/3rd grade combo. The school was given the funds to hire a fully credentialed teacher. She is a great lady and is a good match for this class. I'm so happy the kids will now have a teacher that will be with them through the end of the school year.

I feel so relieved about not teaching the class through December as originally planned. It has been truly exhausting. I was working 10-12 hour days and rarely taking my lunch break. Lost 5 pounds in the process, but grew more gray hairs than I can count. On the other hand it was also a rewarding experience and I am thankful for that. So I'm back in the sub pool beginning Monday and can relax a bit.

Starting off the evening with Haley's Hansel & Gretels House. I've always liked Janet's version of this scent. :D

Hi! We celebrated my birthday early tonight. DH wont be here on the actual day so he took us out to dinner. I always joke that DD is my birthday present because she was born 3 days after my birthday. She gets very upset when I tell DH to wrap her up so I can unwrap my present. I let her pick the place for dinner...like keeping the birthday present happy at night. DH has 3 bags full of candles to give me for the big day. I'm wondering how he'll wrap them. A month ago I found some "treasures" at the outlet and scooped them up (Danish Butter Cookie, Italian Biscotti, Caramel Pecan, Frosted Cedar Wreath, Peppermint Swirls and a combo pack of Brown Sugar & Spice and Carrot Cake). DD is going to do the taping part of the the wrapping since she's very good with scotch tape (it's all over the house...LOL).

Tart for tonight:

Something Toffee...can't remember the name because I just yanked it out of the sample bag from Carol.

Candle:

Beware! - YC

Good Saturday morning everyone--this week was crazy--didn't even light at home much these past two days. Did find some candle bargains at Marshall's. I got two large jars of Village--but they had a different name--Town Square. I got a Maine Blueberry and a Sweet Buttercream--each only $7.99--I have used the blueberry one and it is wonderful--just a perfect straight blueberry scent.

To start the day I have on a BBW Caribbean Escape candle--it is quite warm here this morning so it feels more like summer than fall. Have a great day everyone.

Denny - glad another teacher was hired and U can go back to the sub pool. [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

LLVV - sounds like a wonderful evening celebrating your birthday. Don't know when it is, so I'll wish you an early [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d too!

I'm melting Carol's Autumn Magic and burning B&BW's Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, a Cake Candles Autumn Walk candles & YC Home Sweet Home votive.

Have a great weekend everyone! [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

Good morning!

Thank you Sweet&SpicyGirl! The big day is Monday and DD's is on Thursday.

YC Fans - Chocolate Chip Cookie is up on the website (under Rare Treasures). I couldn't resist...bought 3 jars and another Banana Cream Pie.

Tarts for this morning:

Winter Cabin - CFTKR

Toffee tart (not sure of name) - CFTKR

Candles:

Beware - YC

Pumpkin Patch - YC

Happy BD LLVV..............when is IT for real? That's funny about your DH wrapping up what YOU bought. I do the same thing. DH already has 2 Xmas gifts up there to wrap for me. May just get something from CBV and thats gonna be it for him to wrap. LOL

Today is Haley's Candied Apple and Spiced Apple. I am headed out in a bit, but just needed something warm and cozy. DH has not gotten the heat on yet and I'm freezing in here, ugh!

Have a great day everyone.

oops.....just saw the BD is Monday. Sorry, I didn't read all before posting. Where did you go for dinner?

Good Morning!

Denny-Hope you have some less hectic days ahead being back in the sub pool.

LLVV-Happy Birthday!

This morning I am melting a freebie from Carol- Colonial Kettle Corn. It's a good one!

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Good Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Denny~ Glad you enjoyed your time teaching the 2/3 grade combo! It's good that your back in the sub pool again...time to breathe![smilie=th_sml29]

Melting: Apple Orchard from Haley's...very strong and apple-y!