The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Spook-tacular October Aromas!

Guest Viennalady

In this cold november-like weather I am burning:

YC "Festival of Light"

YC "Christmas Wreath", this scent is a real surprising discovery for me. Does anyone of you know, if this is an old scent of Yankee Candle or a new one. I can really smell the natural freshness of a Christmas Wreath combined softly with christmas spices

[smilie=The_Hi].

SH - Pumpkin Cornbread

It smells wonderful and makes me want to try some pumpkin cornbread!

Hello Candle buddies!!

SweetTart, [smilie=thank_you] You're a treasure yourself! You know, I say go for an order with Haley's. But then, if you'd rather wait, she does have fairly frequent sales and is planning another when her FB fans reach 250, I believe. So no pressure.

PuppyLove- Aw gee thanx! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] *blushing* ...and im not much of a bakery girl either. And thanx for suggesting on no pressure with the sale and letting me know of the FB fans reaching 250 next sale thing.

SweetTart, your week with your sis-in-law sounded wonderful. How nice to be able to reconnect with her. SmileyHearts.gif I have one sis-in-law, but we are completely different. We get along okay, but we will never be "close". KWIM? Oh yeah, if you can swing it....try Haley's!

Aria- Thank you. and i do know what you mean about your sis in law. Interesting. Hey as i see it, we dont all have to force each other to be friends but just get along right? ^_^ and ooo haunted barn and hayride sounds fun! Love going to haunted house attractions.

sweet&spicey- You know what girl, now that you put it that way, yes i agree that my time off from work did turn into something good. Didnt really see it that way until you point it out. Thanx girl. [smilie=th_a194]

Well you guys, [smilie=th_blij81] I decided to place my 1st order with Haley's to take advantage of her sale and free shipping too. Thanx for your suggestions and input Puppylove, Aria, busymom and especially Maureen!

Maureen, all the lovely comments you keep making about Haley made me really wanna place an order with her. You enabler you. [smilie=th_c032] Hee hee. Im more into tarts and not so much the candles but since you and others had point out that her candles were pretty good that i also order a candle to see how it is. So thanx for your input. Excited to try her out.

Melting:

Can-Do Apple mango Tango~ Strong and so good!

FM Dreamcatcher~ Love this clean scent.

Happy Melting Everyone

SweetTart, you should be very please with Haley'sHS candles( Janet). I am so very pleased. I had to write her and let her know. They burn so darn clean and even. Its like a "no worry" candle. Well, except for the flame and what not..........LOL. Let us know what you wind up getting. OR, did you order already? If so, please share.

Put out the Apples&Oak and only have Country Fair Funnel Cake going right now. That is so yummy and mixing well with the roast beef we have in the over.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Anjoymom~ Sounds like a WONDERFUL day!!!

LLVV~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY...early! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Gail~ Scary about the parrot...but can't beat a day with our four legged friends and winged warriors...always fun! Hope you still have your digits intact! LOL

Aria~ Your too funny! I hope you have a great time at the haunted barn and hayride...now you got me thinking I should go...never have and we have farms all over the place!! Maybe that's why?

Sweettart~ Sounds like things are going better than ever with your sis-in-law... [smilie=th_blij81] !!!

Melting~

Iced Cinnamon Buns Whippet from Spotted Hog today....I am also making Chix Noodle Soup so I can't smell much. [smilie=th_scratch]

MaggieMae, homemade chicken soup? I've never made it from scratch, but I've been wanting to try a slow cooker version.

My candles are all still going, but I switched out melts for:

CYS - Over the Moon and Brown Sugar Buttercream Crunch

Cold and rainy - a perfect day to watch the Food Network Halloween shows. I have sugar overload!

Jules - how was the Sears pillar?

Today is Cheryl's Indian Paintbrush

MaggieMae - chicken noodle soup sounds yummy! What time's dinner? [smilie=th_c032]

Debra - phoo....didn't know there were Halloween shows on FoodNetwork this afternoon. Funny, melting bakery scents doesn't make me hungry, but watching those yummy food shows sure does! I'd be so happy if they could reach thru the tv and let me taste test. [smilie=th_aa17]

This afternoon I melted Carol's Maple Oats & Honey. Such a great 'comfort' scent. Have now changed to Cheryl's Banana Walnut Cake.

Hi all,

Aria, how was the haunted barn and hayride? That sounds like a fantastic evening! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Busymom, thanks for filling me in on your Haley's faves. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Joan, that pumpkin carving party sounds like a ton of fun! I hope it was!

Viennalady, your description of YC Christmas Wreath makes it sound irresistible! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] I'm sorry I can't answer your question though. I'm not real familiar with YC.

I hope all those of you who placed first time orders with Haley's will find some treasures! Well, same goes for those of you who aren't new to Haley's too. [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Hey Maggie, I'm happy to report that I still have all ten digits and not even a scratch. [smilie=th_cha69] I'm still more than capable of lighting candles and turning on my melter. [smilie=th_31] For most of the day it's been CCCC's delicious Kiwi Strawberry.

Gail

Jules~ Yea...it's a simple recipe from my Grandmother...but it is definitely a "comfort food" 'round here. Of course every time I plan to cook it in the Fall, we get a warm day! [smilie=th_giggle]

Sweet...too funny! If I could send ya some thru this computer "contraption" I would!

Debra~ I LOVE Indian Paintbrush!!!

Gail~ Glad to hear your all in one peice! LOL

Well, I finally got half the kids off to bed...2 down...2 to go...

Melting:

Cinnamon Sugar from SSS...LOVE IT!!! (Totally agree with Gail...always happy with this vendor...but haven't ordered in a while!)

Pink Banana Cake from FM...very interesting combo...don't think it's for me... [smilie=th_sad-1]

Have a nice eve... [smilie=th_offtobed]

Gail - You were quite the busy lady yesterday. Glad you made it through the day unscathed.

My DS had a good time at the Homecoming Dance. DH took me out to dinner and to a movie last night to cheer me up. We saw Secretariat, which I really enjoyed. All in all, I had a very nice evening. I appreciate the many thoughtful and supportive comments from my candle buddies.

This evening I'm melting Celtic Moonspice from Nene's. hearts.gif

Goodnight to all.

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Good Monday morning!!

Melting Can Do's incredible Amish Apples, OMG this scent is incredible!! I am loving it so much!! Its the perfect spicy apple yummy delicious ever...for real, its GOOD [smilie=th_thConfus_55]

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Cold and rainy - a perfect day to watch the Food Network Halloween shows. I have sugar overload!

Jules - how was the Sears pillar?

Today is Cheryl's Indian Paintbrush

The Sears pillar is pretty good actually. I don't see a brand name on it but it is made in USA. The Sears by our house closed so I grabbed up a bunch of pillars on clearance. They burn well and have a decent enough scent throw for a year old pillar. happy.gif

Evening scents are YC Christmas Cookie and Huckleberry Layne Very Vanilla.

Trep, these two scents sound simple and so good together.

Nothing burning yet this morning. I'm waiting to see what the plan is around here. Kids are out of school today and tomorrow.

a70afc38.gif Good Morning...feeling spooky! I did survive the haunted barn and hayride on Saturday night...it was a blast! character0061.gif The boys had fun...I think the older was more spooked than the younger one...lol...

I was melting CBV Baked Apple Strudel, but it was too strong and nearly chasing me out of the house! I just can't do the REAL strong scents for some reason. I like fragrance to enhance the atmosphere of my house, not take over!

Anyhow, so nothing melting at the moment. It's gonna be a warm day today....like 70 or so. Not sure what I am in the mood for scent wise. Carol's Glazed Cinnamon Donuts comes to mind for some reason.

I am off...gonna take a nice walk....have a great day friends! mcgonagall.gif

Good morning!

I'm melting:

Sweet Apple Corn Muffin - CFKTR

Pumpkin Fudge - CFKTR

and burning:

Beware! - YC

A very Happy Birthday to you LLVV, and do your little girlie, I do remember that her birthday is the day before mine, and of course our friend Maurie's Anniversary is the same day as my birthday!!! I didn't forget.

Hope you all had a great weekend, we are just so busy with soccer lately, and yesterday we went pumpkin picking, and saw Kourtney Kardashian, her honey Scott, and cute bay Mason while we were there, it was a little bit of a thrill added to our fun day.

Last nights melt was YC Spa Fresh, one of my very favorites!!!

Hope you all are having a great day!

[smilie=th_00000020]

Spotted Hog - Banshee Bread Pudding

I just melted it this morning and my reaction is "OMG! I have to have more. NOW!" It is just insanely delicious (and I'm not a fan of the actual dessert - go figure!)

[smilie=th_1_bigone110]

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Denny, I'm glad you had a nice evening. Nothing like a night out to help soothe emotions.

Busymom, I'm taking note that I must get Can-Do Amish Apple with my next order. Where's my pencil? :huh:

Aria, that's great you all had fun at the haunted barn. Spooky, eh? :D I love that sort of thing.

LLVV and your DD, [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d

CBGirl, [smilie=th_1819]

Sillys, soccer can sure keep you busy! I just love it! What fun picking pumpkins and seeing celebrities!

I'm melting LSC's Cinnamon Frosting and it's perfect on this cold, cloudy, very windy day.

Gail

[smilie=th_1819] LLVV and cbgirl--hope you both are having a great day filled with celebration.

For this afternoon I have on a two wick Yankee Strawberry Buttercream candle and a Fresh Strawberry Village candle under my lamp. I tell you I am loving this candle lamp. Wish I'd bought one years ago. I have been using it with an Autumn Fruit candle and yesterday after 4 days (about 20 hrs) of being under the lamp I dumped out the melted wax-wiped the jar and had it back on this morning --nice and strong again. It really works.

I join everyone in wishing LLVV and CBGirl happy birthday! Hope your celebrations are everything you hoped for and more.

And thanks so much for all the encouragement and expressions of happiness that my surgery went well. I was pretty sore for a while and not feeling much up to time at my computer, but I was thinking of you all and missing the fun! It's good to be back. [smilie=thank_you]

So far today it's been Can-Do Lessie's Haunted House, and Sweet Milk from CBV. I can't believe Halloween is only a week away! I've been strategizing on which scents to make sure I melt before next weekend. For me, Halloween is one of those holidays that when it's over, it's really over for me. But we are supposed to have nice weather, and I'm excited for all the kids (and grown-up kids!) My neighbor across the street goes all out each year, and I can't wait to see what costume she has come up with this time!

I found an old Boo tart from Yankee and threw it in my melter. Still has a great throw (not sure how old it is) and the scent is terrific!

Debbie

Happy Birthday CBgirl and LLVV. th_balloons.gifth_balloons.gif

Stardustgirl, I agree with you about Banshee Bread Pudding. th_Drglar.gif and I'm also not a fan of eating real bread pudding. The melt is so good though.

I decided to melt Fireside Inn - Busy Bee's - a gift from a great friend. It was shaped like a granny face that reminded me of the Carol Burnett Show intro. So cute, but I melted her anyway and enjoyed the apple spice scent.