The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Spook-tacular October Aromas!

Twinsmom--the candle lamp uses a halogen heating bulb-you place your jar candle on the stand (which does not get hot) and turn the switch. The bulb immediately starts melting the wax--within 15 minutes you start to smell your candle. It melts about 1-2 inches down. Once you can't smell the candle anymore you just pour off the melted wax--wipe the jar and put it back on and it starts melting the next inches. I absolutely love it. You can buy candles that smell good but that you know from looking at the wick that they won't burn right and still enjoy the scent. Also the one wick Yankees that have such issues are perfect for this. You can use most 12-26 oz candles on these. The one I got is the original Aurora one with the domed lid but there are several styles to choose from and many finishes--black, brass, bronze, pewter, etc. You can also buy seasonal and stained glass shades. They come with a frosted shade which is what I have. You can find them on ebay and several online vendors, Hobby Lobby, and the manufacturer's website--candlewarmers.com. I wish I had bought one years ago. Nancy

Candlelove - Happy anniversary! [smilie=party] Do you have a fave place to go to celebrate?

Denny - Happy birthday to you! [smilie=th_1819] Hope you get some smell goods on your special day! (thread started)

Aria - hope you're feeling better. [smilie=th_bb41] Did U try gargling w/warm salt water? That usually helps me. Sure can't hurt.

I'm melting BG's Spiced Pumpkin Brulee. Luv this one! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Aria, feel better soon! Drink lots of liquids and get plenty of rest.

Trep, thanks for all the valuable info on the candle lamps. Much appreciated! [smilie=th_aa21]

I'm melting my very last Candle Dippers wax. :crysmiley1: How did I let this happen? :mad: It's Sugar Plum Berries and it's TO DIE FOR. Must have more, must buy some, must place an order...

Gail, the obsessed

[smilie=lookgood]

All these scents sound great!

It's another all-melters-on-deck day since the closet required another coat of paint.

SH - cloves (kitchen)

SH - Bewitched Broomsticks (entry and living room) - it's a SH custom blend but reminds me a bit of Celtic Moonspice

Warm Glow - Caramel Corn (hallway)

BBW - Eucalyptus Spearmint (in my bath, but drifting in here so I'll go with it)

Candlelove - Congratulations! Hope your evening out was simply marvelous. smiley5035.gif

Aria - Hope you're feeling better soon. [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Sweet&Spicey- Thanks for the birthday wishes. Yep, my husband is footing the bill for three of my recent smell good orders. [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

Just started melting Carol's Spiced Apple Pecan. A favorite. Yum!

Trep, Thank You for the info on the candle lamp. I think I might go to Hobby Lobby and check them out. I do have a few non-proforming candles that I can finally get some use out of.

Burning YC large jars: Pomegranate Cider, Mandarin Cranberry and Cranberry Chutney. All are great fall scents.

Congrats, Candlelove!

I am having fun tonight watching one of the cats trying to steal the Doritos. He loves them!

I am melting CYS -Yuzu Coconut

Hey Debra! The Orange Vanilla Coffee was mostly orange vanilla with a background of coffee. :) Too funny about your little kitty! LOL

Candlelove~ [smilie=th_congratulations] HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Aria~ GET WELL SOON!!! Hope you start feeling better before you know it!!

Denny~ [smilie=th_1819] and many more!!!

Melting:

Apple Pumpkin Fritter from LOL....How could this be discontinued????

Man oh man, why does something big always break when DH is out of the country?!?!? First while bringing DD to karate a few nights ago my tire pressure sensor goes off. The tires look ok but now I'm scared to drive the car in fear of getting a flat with nobody to come and rescue me. I don't even want to bring the car into the tire place because what if it's just low tire pressure and not a slow leak. But I'm having fun driving DH's car. Then my vacume breaks. I buy a new one, Dyson, and end up hating it. Back it went. I was able to figure out what was wrong with the old vacume and fix it. There is short that makes the motor go off when the line is giggled. Taped it down so it behaves. Then I noticed our DVR box isn't working correctly. It actually never worked the same as the non-DVR boxes but now it's just not working at all. I lucked out and it did record my favorite TV show on Monday. Yippie! Everytime DH goes away something that I cannot fix always breaks.

So, I'm finally back melting and burning. All that stuff distracted me so much.

Tarts:

Maple Pumpkin - CFTKR

Cedar & Spice - CFTKR

Amaretto Chocolate - CFTKR

Candles:

Moonlight Harvest - YC

Pumpkin Patch - YC

Finished up a votive from Maggie's.

I got sidetracked yesterday and failed to wish all those celebrating a happy day and good wishes. Hope it went great for you.

Starting out today with Yankee Autumn Fruit and BBW Frosted Cupcake. All night last night I had on a small BBW Orange Sapphire jar on a warmer. Very nice, subtle scent.

Haley's Snickerdoodle's this morning. I have to comment that Janet is one of the most amazing vendor's to do business with. She goes way above and beyond the expected from a business and that impresses me.

Just got my very small order in the mail and even with it being on the small side, she still sent me a few free. I cannot wait to report back on each and every one as I melt.

Anyway, Snickerdoodle is very yummy and cookie like...........LOL. I smell sweet sugary cookie with a hint of cocoa and no spice. Some Snickerdoodle have spice in them, I don't get that so far in this one. I will report more later.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Good Morning! On this rainy overcast day I'm burning YC Spiced Pumpkin and Pomegranate Cider and melting YC Christmas Garland. I like the Christmas Garland and I think so far this may be the one that I get in a large jar. Still have a few more to try.

Good morning!

Tarts:

Cedar & Spice - CFKTR

Maple Pumpkin - CFKTR

Candles:

Cinnamon Bun Tealight - CFTKR

Pumpkin Patch - YC

Autumn Leaves - YC

pumpkin.gif Hi everyone...thanks so much for all the well wishes. You are so sweet and thoughtful. I am feeling quite a bit better today.

Melting Vanilla Apples from Can-Do...two really simple scents that make one AMAZING scent! Love this one. Donna's melts are one of my favorite things.

Today's plans include working on decluttering the basement...fun! NOT!!! Have a nice day everyone...enjoy the fall colors and melts! halloween-1.gif

Good morning! [smilie=th_wave]

LLVV, I know exactly what you mean about things breaking when the DH is gone. So frustrating, isn't it? [smilie=th_u51]

Maurie, ITA about Janet. She is 100% professional and 100% sweet! And her stuff is wonderful, IMO. I'm plotting my second order now. [smilie=th_tigger] I hope you really enjoy yours!

Aria, so good to hear you're getting better! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] Vanilla Apples sounds terrific. Like Janet, Donna is such a fantastic vendor!

Boy oh boy, we had a big ol' storm come through late yesterday. More thunder and lightning than I've ever experienced. It kept lighting up the whole night sky as if it were daytime. Isolated rain at times too, and when it came it was a downpour! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon My poor Hobbit dog isn't afraid of thunder but it was ear piercing and kinda freaked him out. Uh oh, here comes the rain again!

All this stormy weather makes for perfect melting. [smilie=yes] Last night I burned a couple of votives from Kristin's Kandles in Spiced Pumpkin and Caramel Apple. I'm really enjoying my order from Kristin. I also burned Harvest Spice from Haley's. It was a great and smelly evening! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

This morning it's LSC's Moon Spice. This is the first Moon Spice type of scent I've tried so I have nothing to compare it with, but this one is pretty much perfect! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Have a great Wednesday, friends!

Gail

Everyone sounds like they r melting some great stuff!!

Still getting through the new YC Xmas scents, loving most of them.

LLVV, quick note, check your gas cap, if it isn't on right your sensors will go on...and I had the same problem with my vacuum the other day, jiggling the hose to make it stay on, ran out to sears and bought the same vaccuum again. It was a $99 vacuum and I got the floor model for only $65.. great deal if you ask me. Let me know how you make out with the sensor.

Have a great day everyone!

Silly, I never thought of that. I'll have to go check it out. You scored a great deal at Sears! What's up with MP and vacumes? My friend in MP also had her vacume break. I think there's a vacume troll running around our town at night breaking all of the vacumes. [smilie=th_5337c1ad]

I think my Autumn Leaves candle has 1 more burn left. I'll light it up when we get back from karate.

I went nuts with the YC sale and bought (in addition to the treasures I already bought last week) Hot Buttered Rum, Eggnog, Holiday Sage, another White Chocolate Mint, another Peppermint Cocoa, Maple Pancakes, Gingerbread, Festival of Lights, and another Banana Cream Pie. I'm hoping Chocolate Chip Cookie will come out before the coupon expires.

OMG........................I am freaking LOVING Haley's Snickerdoodle. There is ZERO spice in this one, just pure cookie goodness. Its amazing and her tarts are huge. Well, the 2oz. are huge. IDK, but they seem bigger than the round 2oz. shots that some have.

Also melting CBV's Banana Coconut Cream Pie, which will always be a favorite and a staple around here. Will get some more of this eventually.

Catch you all later.