The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Spook-tacular October Aromas!

Happy Halloween everyone! The house smells a little funky. Dh made potato pancakes last night and used a lot of oil... it smelled terrible. They tasted great and then I realized what the smell was (the oil). I just lit a Vanilla Cream Kathy Ireland candle and will figure out the morning melts in a bit. I am trying to be quiet because everyone else is asleep.

Trep, hope you feel better. I hate headaches. Can you tell me where you got your crock warmer? I am finding some on the web that look exactly the same but some say they warm from the bottem and others say all around the sides too. I've been wanting one of those. It's like a giant melter :)

What is everyone up to today? We have my sister, niece and her children coming over for trick or treating with my kids. I am making chili and mummy dogs and salty bone (breadsticks shaped like bones!) Even Sammy (our little dog) has a costume. I am going to mortify dd and be the Cat in the Hat [smilie=th_aa17]

Joan, The Cat in the Hat is such a good costume idea.

The kids woke up at dawn asking when we are going trick or treating. With that kind of anticipation, it could be a long day. th_Skratta_Bankabordet.gif Luckily, Yankee Candle double bagged my candles earlier so now I have two big strong brown bags with string handles...and a lot of paint. The boys are creating their own trick or treat bags to use tonight. Go Yankee!

Melting:

Sweet Pumpkin Marshmallow

Honey Spice Cake

(both from Lunableu)

Has anyone saved special melts or scents for tonight? I have an eyeball melt saved for later.

Jules: It's great you can recycle the Yankee bags. I bet the boys design some great trick-or-treat bags. So far, my Halloween offerings are Carol's- Scarlet Moon, EE- possession and EE- votive snake bite. For those with little ones, have a safe and fun Halloween. I will be handing out candy to our trick-or-treaters and watching Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi..Have a BOOtiful day everyone.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Today I'm melting Caramel Cookie from Almost Country...so good!

CFTKR Caramel Cinnamon Latte also yummy!

Our plans for this evening will be to hand out candy to all the treat or treaters we get tonight.I live in a large neighborhood and get about 100 or so kids...big and little ones.My fur baby Chaplin,who is pictured in my avatar,will be dressed as a pumpkin tonight!

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

My Spook-tacular scents for today...

Candy Corn - CFKTR

Witches Brew - CFKTR

Pink Licorice - CFKTR

Caramel Apple Pie - CFTKR

Beware! - YC Candle

Moonlight Harvest - YC Candle

Pumpkin Patch - YC Candle

BOO! Eek, I scared myself. [smilie=th_ee29]

Skylar, I was going to comment on the beautiful dog in your avatar. Chaplin, what a cute name! He's a Bearded Collie, correct?

Trep, even though it's Halloweekend, I'm sure your scare with sparks and flames was definitely not what you wanted to experience! I'm so glad you're okay and nothing was damaged. You must be great in sudden emergencies, girl!

LLVV, that breast cancer community website sounds soooo wonderful!

Joan, it sounds like you're in for a fun-filled day!

I'm melting Can-Do's Cast Iron Cookies. I like it a lot but when DH comes home, I'm sure he'll want something fruity or spicy.

Be safe, have a blast today, everyone!

Gail

BOO!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc

I'm glad to see we're all still kids at heart. :lol:

Trep - hope your headache is better by now. Waking up with one is the pits. [smilie=th_roll] Have you tried different size jars in your crockpot warmer? The Slatkins look to be the same circumference size as YC, just want to make sure they'll fit.

Joan - what costume did U get Sammy?

Skylar - I wondered who your new avatar was. Chaplin is adorable!

Jules - We're funny, aren't we? :tongue: I saved Happy Halloween Cake for today.

I'm melting a new one for me, Cabin on the Hill, by 1803 Candles. Gotta say it's pretty [smilie=th_fabulous1] !! Great scent & strong throw going thru the whole house! [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Have a fun, safe Halloweekend everyone! [smilie=th_smilies-1]

Hope everyone is enjoying their week-end! I just finished putting together a huge crock of chili, my traditional Halloween meal. My melt for the day is Monster Mash from Bella's. Smells yummy! Wishing everyone lots of treats and no tricks! [smilie=bagover]

happy-halloween-118.gif

Trep - I have two crock style warmers that warm from the bottom up. I too would love to know where you got your crock warmer.

Skylar - Chaplin is adorable.

Jules - I love the idea of decorating those Yankee bags for trick or treat night. Sounds like fun!

I'm melting Amish Harvest from Nene's.

Wishing everyone a fun and safe Halloween. smilie_hal_086.gif

Hey guys,

Yes Aria, I do have a very special friend. We have so many interests and such that are the same. Its kinda scarey sometimes. I think we know each other better than we know ourselves.

Today I am burning my special candle again. Its nice because you get the Sugared Spruce and then the Goldilocks(which is a citrus/mint/honey type). Loving it. Also, melting Cinnamon/Cranberry from I think OMG candles.

Have a great day everyone. I am just doing laundry and shopping and running my son around. Now just home till we have to get him later.

Happy Halloween!

This afternoon I will be burning and melting YC Candy Corn, and I'll probably indulge in some Can-Do Lessie's Haunted House too.

Regarding my Halloween bug horror story: It was so windy yesterday that we gave up on spraying the nasty insects out on our front yard tree. And I don't want to expose trick-or-treaters to pesticides, so we will have to wait until later in the week.

I spent almost an hour on the internet looking at bug pictures, trying to figure out what on earth they are. I know for sure that we have a few box elder bugs out there, which isn't a big deal, but these other things are a mystery. However, I finally remembered that these exact, same bugs were absolutely destroying one of our rose bushes earlier this summer-- I knew they looked vaguely familiar! A quick spray of insect killer destroyed them completely, so I have great hope that increasingly freezing temps and some pesticide will end the nasty infestation.

Near as I can tell, the adults look to be some sort of large soft, ridged beetle or aphid-- no webs or obvious signs of boring yet. They are super ugly and nothing I ever want to see again! EEEEK!

Trep, glad you are ok! How genuinely scary!

I'm off to eat some lunch and carve a pumpkin. Think I'll toast some of the seeds, too! Have an awesome day, everyone! [smilie=th_5337c1ad]

Sounds like everyone is having a great Halloweekend.

Like that word Jules.

Just sitting and relaxing giving out candy to all the trick or treaters.

I am melting Can Do's Haunted House and Vanilla Butter Fudge.

thCrowPumpkinBoo.gif It's just me!

I have Carol's Oak Barrel Cider melting and also burning my YC Autumn Leaves jar.

halloween-1.gifWeather looks good for trick or treating, although sort of on the cold side...temps in the high 40's only.

I have all of our treats ready for the trick or treaters. TrickOrTreat0.gif Not sure if I will walk with the boys or stay here and pass out candy. DH said it doesn't matter to him.

character0061.gifHave a wonderfully ghoulish night everyone! bf-skullsmile0.gif

14.gif

[smilie=th_smiley_doorpeek] BOO!!!

Happy Halloween friends!!

Been a full day so far, with lots of fun to come!! Had a great church service this morning and now I have been home preping the house for some family and friends to come over and then lots of little goblins also!! I love Halloween, its so fun and exciting!!

Mau, so glad you are enjoying your special candle [smilie=th_bighug-1] You are pretty special!!

Aria, love all your cute Halloween graphics, they are adorable!!

Jules, great idea about decorating your bags there, what a special way to recycle and make something special too!!

Have a nice night everyone and be safe too [smilie=th_bounce]

Hi everyone!

For this evening I'm melting Piggy Munch From the Spotted Hog and Glazed Pumpkin Danish from CFTKR

Denny,Sweet and Puppylove thanks for the lovely comments about Chaplin,I can tell you he is one spoiled little dude! Yep Puppylove Chaplin is a Beared collie.

Have a fun safe evening all!

Maurie, your special candle sounds divine. I love Sugared Spruce and Goldilocks must be fabulous, from your description. No wonder you're head over heels, girlie! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Denny and Aria, your Halloweekend emotis are really giggle-worthy! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Skylar, Chaplin must indeed be a much-loved boy! [smilie=th_LOVE] Beardies have such fun-loving personalities!

I'm melting Country Grove from LSC. It's oranges, cinnamon, and cloves and it's WONDERFUL! [smilie=snoopy]

Gail

I hope you all had a safe and dry Halloween/Trick or Treating evening! And that you saved yourself a little bit of those treats!

I now know what the real Halloween Nightmare is: A black YC patchouli tart spilled all over tan tile and grout...once melted those tarts seem to contain a lot of wax! It took a really long time to get it out of the grout.

Tonight has been CFTKR - Pumpkin Patchouli

Yikes, Debra! What a mess you had to clean up! I hope the rest of your Halloween evening went a bit better.

We didn't have near as many trick-or-treaters as I expected this evening, though the weather was warm and gorgeous. I stayed home to give out candy this year, and I really enjoyed all the adorable costumes!

Hope everyone had a great time. Thanksgiving and Christmas, here we come! Get those holiday tarts and candles ready! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]