The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Spook-tacular October Aromas!

[smilie=th_december2201661-1] Happy Birthday Skylar and Sillysmom!!!

Aria~ Great news about your friend, Pat's surgery going well! Best wishes towards her speedy recovery!!!

Found 2 Yankee Candles in my Halloween decorations...

Trick or Treat and Purr-choulli...burning that one now.

Also Melting...Apple Strudel from Almost Country

Have a good night.

I've got the house to myself this evening, th_51991986.gif I don't know what I want to do first. I want to light up every candle and put on a coupla melts. No cooking tonight. No laundry. No scooting kids off to bed. The TV is all mine...popcorn?...movie?...reading? th_a056.gif

For starters, I put on LOL - Maple Harvest and 1803 Candles - Pumpkin Cornbread melts (from a thoughtful buddy)

Candles - Moneypenny - Lemon Bundt Cake, Kayloma - Chestnuts & Brown Sugar

Foraging around for a few more jars to light.

Aria and Sweet, Holiday Hugs is back up at CFTKR. I ordered some today. Can't wait.

Nancy and Busymom, enjoy that sweater weather this weekend. th_autumboy.gif

This evening's melt is Caramel Apple Pie from CFTKR. Yummy!

Halloween is almost upon us. This month has flown by.t9803.gif

Good evening,

Aria, donut eyeballs would be a big hit around here too. :D That's good to hear your friend's surgery went well. Thinking good thoughts for a bright future for her.

Jules, have a wonderful evening of solitude!

Wow, fall is starting to kick in all over the country. There's definitely a bit of crispy coolness in the air!

My DB and DS-i-L came over today. My warmer was turned off but when they walked in the door they both remarked at how terrific the house smelled. (CCCC's Plum Pudding) When I showed them the warmer and the wax, they were crazy about the idea! They both really like candles, but hate the soot and aren't fond of the flame. They had a bunch of questions and wanted to know all about our forum and where to buy the goods. How cool is that? [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I'm still melting Plum Pudding and have added a couple Haley's candles, Harvest Spice and the divine Apple Orchard.

Gail

Jules~ Enjoy your time....flying solo! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Gail~ Horray...you have converted more folks to the "light" side! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Still the same scents as before...good night!

Hope you had a great birthday, Sillysmom.

This morning I have a Yankee Autumn Fruit candle in my large candle warmer since I'll be gone all day and it can take care of itself. Ha! Also a HL Very Vanilla candle lit. It is about 20 degrees warmer this morning so should be a lovely day. I am heading to the mall and the Yankee store and then lunch with friends. Hope you all have a lovely fall day.

WTG Gail. That might be a good Christmas pressie idea this year. th_Whistle.gif

Our little outside kitty got trapped in the garage all night. I heard her meowing this morning and let her out. She told me all about it while I fed her and gave her a drink of water. Poor dear.

Melting 1803 - Ginger Cupboard

Lunableu - Citron Pumpkin Sugar (half a melt)

All the usual candle suspects as before

Happy Halloweekend.

Happy Halloweekend.

Jules - I like your new word...Halloweekend! [smilie=th_clap1] Maybe you better give Ginger some toonies so she'll forgive U or she might be trying to call the local animal society. [smilie=th_biqazm1]

I'm melting CFTKR's Peter Pumpkin Pie and burning Slatkin's Pumpkin Patch. It's smelling like a perfect pumpkin party in here. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Hey, Y'all!!!

I am back up and running and ready to catch up with everyone. I hope things have been going well for all. I am melting Carol's pink sugared pumpkins. I'm glad to back and ready to stimulate the economy with some candle orders. Have a great day buddies. [smilie=th_th3de3a8c4]

Jules, I [smilie=th_smilies-2] your new word! Happy Halloweekend to everybody. (I just had to "say" it too!) I was thinking the same thing about my DB and DS-i-L Christmas giftie!

Maggie, you said it perfectly, converting folks to the "light" side. Love it! [smilie=th_smilies-1]

Katz, welcome back! I've missed ya. [smilie=th_shewiggle]

It's raining here this morning. I'm a sunshine kinda gal and never like the rain. [smilie=th_baaaaa] Comforting myself with Can-Do's Birdy's Baklava. I'm not much for bakery but this one's a rare fave.

BOO!! [smilie=th_gekkebek]

Gail

Melts from the last few days:

CFTKR - Pineapple Upside Down Cake

AMS - Tribal Nights

Melissa's - Peppermint

OMG - Purely Peppermint

EW - Coffee w/Santa (last of my stash)

Burned small Slatkin Twisted Peppermint candle.

Currently burning YC Banana Cream Pie.

millan_morningcoffee.gif

Jules - I hope you enjoyed your evening alone. I love those moments when I have the house to myself.

Katz - Glad you're back.

Gail - How awesome to have family members appreciate how nice your house smells and have an interest in what makes it smell so nice. PumpkinFunnyFaceCool.gif

This morning I'm melting Kim's Cinnamon Bun.

Happy Halloweekend, everyone! (Such a fun new term, I agree!)

I will have Can-Do's Lessie's Haunted House going all day in my electric melter while I am doing chores and such, and then I think I might heat up my Dark Candles Dracula melt later this evening. I haven't tried this scent yet, but there's no better time than this Halloweekend to give it a whirl.

Here in Colorado most of our afternoons have been pleasantly warm, but I love how it actually cools off now at night. I enjoy candles so much more when there is a chill in the air!

I really need to go out and rake the front lawn, but I am a bit squeamish about doing so ever since we discovered that our giant maple and its surroundings are completely infested with little hatchling bugs and their larger counterparts. The grownups sort of look like squash bugs with red markings on their long, narrow back-- yuck! Anyone know what they are? As soon as I get the leaves up we are going to spray everything on and around the tree. You'd think the hard freezes at night would kill them, but obviously not. This little problem is definitely not the sort of Halloween spook I had had in mind! [smilie=th_shocked_sick_big]

Jules--love your new word--maybe we can get it put on calendars--it is perfect.

Hit the Yankee store today and I got Banana Cream Pie, Autumn Lodge, Chocolate Truffle and Gingerbread. My friends who work there were looking at me strangely as I never buy these types of scents but decided to branch out a bit. Also got the new pine cone illuma lid--very happy with it all.

Came home and the house smelled SO good--that Autumn Fruit candle was going strong in the crock pot style warmer. I love these new ones that melt from the sides--you get scent so much faster and a faster total melt also. It has been turned off for an hour and still smelling great.

I have my Yankee Vanilla Cupcake candle under the lamp for the evening.

A word of caution about flames--I am not sure what happened but this morning I had lit a three wick BBW candle and was trimming it --It was on the kitchen table. There were some kleenexes on the table also and I guess a spark flew out because in a moment the kleenex were on fire. I ran for an aluminum pie tin and put it over it. Thought it was out so was carrying the charred remains to the sink to douse them with water when it flared up again--fell on the floor --started burning there. I stomped on that--threw the rest in the sink and doused the whole mess. Miraculously no damage to either the table or the floor but just a reminder to me that flames are unpredictable and dangerous. So--be careful candle buddies--I know I will be more careful from now on.

Today its been a hodge podge of scents burning.

In the bathroom I am finishing of YC pumpkin pie and burning a vanilla pumpkin that needed help making a wax pool.

In the computer room its jack frost by YC and in the family room were burning GCC mrs claus's kitchen.

Cant wait to get my first luna bleu order and a cys order hopefully sometime this next week.

CBV Twilight in the bedroom warmer........a favorite of mine.

Melting a new candle from the bestest buddy ever (busymom....aka Cindy). Its from CBV as well and its a create-a-scent that she made for little ole me. Its 16oz, green in color and named Golden Friendship =o)

Its a combo of Victoria's Goldilocks (which we both adore) and Sugared Spruce (which is basically the same from a few vendors). I love this candle, love it! Have had it burning for a few hours and will keep it going till I head off to bed.

Hope you are all well and having a wonderful weekend. I am off to read about CFTKR's Holiday Hugs. I am intrigued.

Candlefan - do your icky bugs make a webby looking nest? There was something on our local news about bugs that did that about a month ago & the landscaper said they wouldn't do any harm. They were just way gross. But, I wonder if the stink bugs have made it your way and that's them? I don't know if they live in trees, tho. We (OH) haven't gotten those yet, so I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't made it to U yet, either, but, IDK.

Trep - Luv all this info on your new candle accessories. [smilie=th_teks0311] Does the crockpot warmer throw the scent as well as or better than when you're burning it? Wow, scary event w/the kleenix! [smilie=th_cha60] Thank goodness for quick thinking on your part and no harm came to U or your home. Occasionally I'll hear a 'snapping' noise when I first light the B&BW candles, but I've never seen a spark.

Hi Katz [smilie=th_wave] ....glad to C U back! Hope your 'puter woes are a thing of the past.

Have put on CrossCreek's Cobweb Cupcake to end the day. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Anyone have trick 'r treat tonite instead of tomorrow?

edited to wave at Katz.

Kim, you're back! th_yahoo.gif Does this mean you have a new computer?

Nancy and Candlefan, you two have got the scary stories for Halloween. How big are those bugs? Are they like beetles? Do I really want to know? Bugs bug me worse than spiders and snakes.th_smiley_doorpeek.gif

I've had a spark occasionally *pop* up when I first light some candles. I always stand there looking for any embers. Thank you for the reminder about flames. They seem so safe when they are small but any flame is dangerous.

Tonight I'm melting LB - Death by Pumpkin and Crosscreek - Monster Munch plus candles all around.

Sweet, I like that you edited to add a wave. th_giggle.gif

halloween_icons_01.gifGood evening everyone! Happy Halloweekend! [smilie=th_autumboy] Jules!

It's been a very busy day here...I am just now sitting down to relax for the evening. Enjoying a YC Autumn Leaves jar. All day we enjoyed Carol's Pumpkin Pie Filling melting in the kitchen. Yummy scent and very authentic. This is what pumpkin pie smells like to me. :wub:

Kim, glad you are back! :)

Jules, thanks for letting me know about the Holiday Hugs at CFTKR...oh yes, I need more of that one for sure. Love the kitty story. [smilie=th_catkiss]

Maurie, your new candle sounds really nice...I love sugared spruce...not too sure what Goldilocks smells like though. What a sweet friend you have in Ms. Cindy!

Candlefan, I have no idea what bugs you are describing....I am tempted to google it, but then again, maybe not [smilie=th_laughing]

trep, I've had the spark thing happen too...luckily, no flames like you though! I am so wanting to take advantage of that B2G2 at YC, but just placed an order for the $1 tarts and votives....oh dear....what's an addict to do? I am also plotting orders at Crosscreek, CFTKR, Can-Do and Nene's! Aaack!

sweet, we are trick or treating tomorrow...kids are so excited. hallcandysmile3.gif

Gail, your DB and DSinlaw obviously have very good taste! Plum pudding is a great scent. Just last night, DS#1's friend was fascinated by my tealight melter I have on the dining room table.

crazy4, you will love both CYS and luna bleu...good stuff! [smilie=yes]

Okay, peeps, gonna finish watching the Red Wing game and then off to bed. Up early tomorrow for DS#2's hockey game.

HappyHalloweenCatBlackFright.gif

I do have a bag of Holiday Hugs. I haven't melted it yet because I'm afraid it's going to smell like grapefruit which I usually have a bad reaction to. A Ginger Ale scent sounds tempting so after Halloween I'll give it a shot. I love the flavor of ginger ale so maybe I'll fall in love with Holiday Hugs.

Silly - [smilie=HBday] Happy Birthday friend! I hope you had a wonderful day with Little Silly and your hubby.

Aria, Prayers for your friend Pat. I think this should be ok to post because it's about a non-candle message board. If not, I'm sorry Cyn for breaking a rule. Your friend Pat may find this message board a very supportive place to be during her treatment:

community.breastcancer.org

I had my own breast cancer scare last year and while waiting for the biopsy results on a tumor which turned out to be benign. I found the women on this site to be incrediably supportive. There is a lot of great information on there, even for women with benign breast issues. There are areas for diagnosis, high risk, different stages, surgery, etc. There are women dealing with various stages and as well as areas for those who are starting chemo within a certain month (sort of like a support group for people who start chemo in January, February, etc.).

I didn't melt much for the last 2 days as there has been a lot going on between the birthdays, my dad being in the hospital, and Halloween. I did manage to squeeze in

Birthday Cake - CFTKR

Beware! - YC Candle

Pumpkin Patch - YC Candle

Moonlight Harvest - for tonight in honor of the Great Pumpkin! (We watched the cartoon this morning and read the book tonight. There is one scene with Snoopy being a WWI pilot and the background looks so much like the Moonlight Harvest label.

HAVE A HAPPY HALLOWEEN tomorrow! Stay safe!

Sweet&spicey--the crock warmer gives a huge throw. I had been gone for 7 hrs yesterday--it had been on for 10 hrs and when I walked in the door the entire house smelled wonderful. I am very pleased with this warmer. The original crock style warmers warmed from the bottom so you got no throw until the entire candle had melted. With these new side warming ones you start to get throw in about 15 minutes and it increases as the candle continues to melt. It is great.

I woke up with a headache so haven't started any scents yet. Will wait awhile and see if I feel better before I put anything on.

Have a great day everyone.