The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

November's Feast of Scents

I just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! I won't be melting anything today because we will be heading to my sister's house in NJ this afternoon. I have to go make my yams and marshmallow dish now.

[smilie=th_a194]

Happy Thanksgiving CF friends! Wishing you all a bountiful and joy filled day. [smilie=th_a194]

I'm not sure if I'm going to melt anything while the turkey is cooking, either. Decisions..decisions.....do I want the family to say 'mmmm... dinner smells fabulous!'....or 'mmmmm.....nice candle'? I'm thinking the dinner smell wins. :lol:

Right now I'm melting an elderly tart, Queen of Hearts (OOB :cry: ) Caramel Cinnamon Latte.

I decided to go ahead and put a Slatkin Frosted Cranberry candle on a warmer in the upstairs bath and HL Very Vanilla in the downstairs bath as these shouldn't interfere with the turkey smell that is filling the house. Hope everyone is enjoying their day--I know I am.

TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING,

BUT I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP.

I TRIED COUNTING BACKWARDS,

I TRIED COUNTING SHEEP.

THE LEFTOVERS BECKONED -

THE DARK MEAT AND WHITE,

BUT I FOUGHT THE TEMPTATION

WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT.

TOSSING AND TURNING WITH ANTICIPATION,

THE THOUGHT OF A SNACK BECAME INFATUATION.

SO, I RACED TO THE KITCHEN, FLUNG OPEN THE DOOR,

AND GAZED AT THE FRIDGE, FULL OF GOODIES GALORE.

GOBBLED UP TURKEY AND BUTTERED POTATOES,

PICKLES AND CARROTS, BEANS AND TOMATOES.

I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,

'TIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.

I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING, FLOATING INTO THE SKY,

WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.

BUT, I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED PAST THE TREES....

HAPPY EATING TO ALL - PASS THE CRANBERRIES, PLEASE.

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY,

MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.

MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP.

MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS.

MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,

MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS!!

Have a fantastic holiday, everyone!!

P.S. - In the spirit of keeping the post relevant to the thread, this morning I have been burning the end of PI's Pumpkin Pie. This jar lasted 3 fall seasons!

Pure poetry!!! Happy Thanksgiving all!

Happy, Happy Thanksgiving!

This board is always great, but this morning it's really overflowing with friendship and warmth. :)

Sharon, you're hysterically funny! :D

Love the poem, Mom.

Maurie, that was me who asked about the Crepe Myrtle scent. Thanks for the reply. I've never smelled anything from crepe myrtles but they sure are spectacularly gorgeous to look at!

Jules and Mom, can you give a quick little review of your PI candles? If not, that's fine. I mean, it's Thanksgiving! Everybody's busy!!

I'm melting Can-Do's Warm n Cozy on this chilly morning. The throw is much lighter than I was expecting. :?

Enjoy the day, my friends! Much to be thankful for, that's for sure.

eta: Warm n Cozy is throwing better. For some reason, Can-Do's tarts sometimes seem to take awhile to really get yummy.

Gail

Thank you Maggie, Puppy and Jules. I do my part to try and keep y'all entertained. cancan.gif

Okay...so who is ready for a nap? l034.gif We have eaten, cleaned up and are ready to call it a day.

I just got an email that Nene is having a sale tomorrow...15% off! 129fs370785.gif47b20s0.gifI was wanting to place an order with her.

Hope everyone's day was all they wanted and more. z5.gif

good eve, all. Mom, great poem and Sharon-I wore my sweats today. LOL Hope all had a nice dinner and day of relaxation. burning CBV Peace and Clean laundry in the BR and bath, and Carol's -Thankful in the LR but ready to switch over.

Maurie, I saw that crepe myrtle in a review on YT. I thought it sounded as interesting as the raspberry tomato leaf from CBV. again, so glad you gave a head's up regarding the Texas Breeze from Kim. that scent is awesome and I want it in a candle. I bet it would throw like crazy.

been perusing the BF ads. Hubby and I will hit a couple of stores but that's it. and I did NOT just see that post that Nene is having a BF 15% off sale. LOL

happy evening, all.

Dabba! [smilie=th_d6ac145d]

We're back home. Everyone is fat and happy. Melting Autumn Spendor from PI. It's too late at night to light my Pumpkin Pie candle again.

Gail, PI Pumpkin Pie is TDF! I can see why so many like it. It's less spicy and more foody, baked smelling. Buttery crust, pumpkin puree and vanilla, light on the pumpkin pie spice.

Oooh. Survivor is starting. Gotta go watch my show. Good night everyone.

Dabba, your honesty is inspiring. Shocking, but inspiring! [smilie=th_d6ac145d]_97] Gosh, you're funny! [smilie=th_lol22]

Jules, thanks for your thoughts on PI's Pumpkin Pie. I want. [smilie=th_bb20]

Cyn, you deserve a big shout out for all you've been doing to keep us up on the latest wax info. It's Thanksgiving and here you are posting away, letting us know about new scents, new sales, sales ending, holiday closings, etc. [smilie=snoopy] [smilie=th_aa21] [smilie=th_allah]

I've been melting Carol's Mac Apple for hours. It is indescribably wonderful, never fails to soothe and refresh, and just might be my all time number one favorite. :shock:

I hope each of you and all your loved ones had a delightful day!

Gail

Recent melts:

CHC sugared spruce...strong and awesome!

YC macintosh spice...weak...this is the second one I've melted that was weak

YC rhubarb plum...weak..old tart

Can-do Grandma Lucy's lemon pound cake...doubled up..moderate...great scent

Good Morning!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday. We sure did over here.

Right now I have a brand new YC Jack Frost candle burning. Not super strong, but good nonetheless. I have one particular end table I like to place my candles on, however due to the location, the scent seems to drift up the stairwell instead of filling the living room. I may need to rearrange the furniture.

DH got up at 3am and went to some of the BF sales.....nuts.gif....didn't get any of the "deals" due to the super long lines he was not willing to wait in.

Happy Black Friday everyone!

Is anyone going to partake in some of the sales on wax? I have some in the works....trying to stay good though since I am shopping for the kiddos...

Yesterday on turkey day I melted CCCC's Be Thankful and Can Do's Cranberry Juice.

This morning I am burning a candle from LOL..a triple layered candle and burning the really red velvet cake layer.

Enjoy your day everyone !

Good morning!

Yes Anjoy, I ordered from LOL yesterday and from Cheryl today. Very much enjoying all these sales! :shock: Whose sales are you eyeballing, GF?

I'm melting Can-Do's Spiced Cranberry. It is THE BEST Spiced Cranberry I've tried so far. Others have had a bit of a sharp edge due to too much tartness and/or spiciness. I guess you could say they were "too tart tarts." [smilie=th_d6ac145d] This one is authentic, with just the right amount of tartness, but also a touch a sweetness. It's a winner! [smilie=th_bb20]

Have a wonderful black Friday, everybody. I'm off to scout for more sales.

Gail

Trep, I didn't see anything on the HL website about a sale :shock:

I see it now... [smilie=th_d6ac145d]

Recent nelts:

Southern Star pumpkin cheesecake...weak

CHC Old Fashion Christmas in two melters....weak

YC Beware...moderate

YC Simply Home (Kohl's) Christmas magic...moderate

Crosscreek Christmas Time....moderate