The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

November's Feast of Scents

Hey girls,

Today I am melting YC Beach Christmas or Christmas at the beach..........whichever it is. I like it alot.

Burning YC Spiced Pumpkin in the kitchen and CBV Crepe Myrtle upstairs.

Resting up for the big day tomorrow. House is all straightened up and laundry is ready to go for Friday.

Today is my oldest son Matt's 19th birthday and I am still in shock. I just cannot believe this kid is 19 already. I just have the two boys Matt is 19 and Todd is 14. I can't get around in my head, how time is flying by in my life. Ugh..........goes right along with all those 40 something hormone issues I was tellin you guys about. My emotions are all upside down too. I am a very happy, grateful THANKFUL person, just all mushy and sappy lately.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving guys! This is a great place to come and chat with loads of awesome people and I am Thankful for that too, along with my family and friends that are so special to me.

Oh yea, on the Black Friday issue...............not me, NO WAY! I get physically ill at the thought of even leaving the house on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I am not that type of person who gets a thrill out of fighting with crowds. My son has to be at work I believe at like 9:00pm tomorrow night.

5yjbztv.gif Hi! Closed up shop early. *YAY*

Still melting Christmas Bliss in the BR. Puppy, this is the description given on the web site:

Christmas Bliss: a gorgeous & complex blend of holiday flowers, the soft hint of spices & a dash of balsam & pine laughelf.gif

Melting CCCC Pink Crush in the kitchen. Trying to decide what to melt in the LR.

tunisianswife...every time you talk about how good a Nene melt is, I write it down. 128fs318181.gif So thanks for the reviews!

Guess I need to go help Grantata in the kitchen, though he's the chef around here.cook.gif

I hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving.

thanksgivingdinnersmiley.gifDon't eat too much!

Michele, how do you like your WW Pumpkin Butter? Can you even answer that, since you're pumpkined out? [smilie=th_cray] I'm curious because I love WW, but my Cider candle is much stronger and yummier than the Vanilla Bean. Thanks!

Tunisian, you should definitely try Coco Mint Frost when you order from Can-Do. It has many devoted fans here and I think I'm at the top of the list! :lol: Too bad you don't have one to try now, since you're spiced out too.

Maurie, [smilie=th_funny] to your DS. They sure do grow up fast! I'm wondering what your Crepe Myrtle candle smells like. We have lots of crepe myrtles around here. They love the dry heat, sort of like me. :lol: I've never known one to be fragrant though. I couldn't agree with you more about this forum being such a great place. Very well said, GF!

I won't be fighting crowds on Black Friday either. I plan to spend the day sitting in front of this computer. [smilie=th_a025] There are some fantastic sales in the works and I've been having so much fun plotting and planning! [smilie=th_aa20]

I switched to a different Candle Dippers Mini Melt. Macapuno Sorbet. To those of you who have raved about this one, [smilie=thank_you] [smilie=th_e030] It's sooooo heavenly and would be crushingly glorious in B&B! [smilie=th_hema1]

Thank you for the Christmas Bliss description, Sharon. It sounds truly deelish!

Wishing everyone a joyous Thanksgiving! [smilie=group_hug]

Gail

Good morning! :lol:

Mom, I'm a Weight Watchers too! I haven't been to a meeting in awhile but lost a lot of weight and maintained it pretty well. I'm a big WW fan. Do you enjoy being a leader? I've thought of doing that too.

Gail

PuppyLove - Glad to hear of your WW success - it's an awesome program! I tried everything before finally joining and it's the only program that I took weight off and kept it off as well. I absolutely love being a leader now. I do 5 regular meetings during the week and look forward to all of them - used to be 8 but things have been slow along with with every other business, unfortunately, so we have had to close lots of meetings in this area. But most of us dont' do this for the money anyway [smilie=th_funny]

Funny to hear so many people have kids out of school this week. My kids have never had days off during this week - they have always gone right through Wednesday. It would have been nice but then again, I got just a little more quiet time before the craziness of the weekend.

So today I've been melting Crosscreek's Autumn Magic - love this scent! Tonight I'll put in Pumpkin Pie from Crosscreek as well and that does it for fall in my house. I'm ready to break out Christmas smellies after tomorrow.

I probably won't be back on until Friday so have a Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Gail-I have melted a few WW candles before but unfortunately not having much luck with this one. The wick is having a hard time and it burns for hours without creating a full wax pool. I don't know what to do to keep it going. The cold smell is great so hopefully I can get it going. It is a large jar too.

Momuvtwo- I too go to WW on and off. I really need to get back there. I am just not in the right frame of mind right now. I have tried other weight loss programs with frozen foods. I did loss weight but I think it gave me kidney stones. WW is not really a diet just a way of life. I will go back after the holidays.

I really like Can Do's Coco Mint Frost too!

It's 30 degrees here

Gail

Puppy - :lol: 30 degrees? [smilie=th_funny] I had no idea it got that cold in the desert. That's cold enuf for snow! So...does it snow? Or do U only have the cold temps and not enuf moisture for the cold, white, fluffy stuff?

Melting a Cake Candle tart in Pumpkin Spice.

good eve, all. Love all the thanksgiving emoticons; too cute! I've got all the stuff done I can do today. I did let my dinner roll dough go through one rising then put it in the fridge. I plan on taking it out tomorrow and shaping the butterhorns then let them come to room temp and rise. I've never done it that way before but I just like them fresh and don't feel like kneading tomorrow morning. lol Just sitting down now to a cup of coffee.

Maurie, so glad that you suggested Texas Breeze from SSS. it is awesome! I loved all her scents and just emailed her to tell her so. raspberry guava is also great, and that orange chili pepper is wonderful! I'm not big on orange scents but the orange is the scent of orange juice concentrate. You can smell that zing in there of the chili pepper. Hard to describe but there is something else in there that makes it pop. really really pleased with my order from SSS.

I've got Peppermint bark burning now from CBV. wow, this is a good strong one and you really smell the white chocolate. I did the aluminum foil trick with one that I had to relight because I hadn't trimmed the wick back enough and boy, does that ever work!

Hubby and I do go out for a few hours on Fri. early in the am. we go to an area that does not have a mall so it is not as crowded; we're always surprised at how easy it is to get in and out. My watch just died on me, so guess I'll take advantage and get myself one. we don't wrap presents. we just take advantage of sales and buy for ourselves what we want. we usually get one big ticket item but don't really need anything this year so don't plan to.

have a good eve, all.

Okay...so Grantata is melting Pure Scents Country Christmas in his room.

This is the description: a fabulous blend of a freshly cut christmas tree draped with garland and cranberries.

Can't smell the cranberries 6asmnhy.gif but we can smell the tree and garland.

It's a great scent, but maybe it needs to cure.306.gif

Thanks for the reply about Weight Watchers, Mom. It sounds like you really enjoy it. And being a leader must surely must be an effective motivator! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Michele, that's a bummer about your Wood Wick candle. (I decided to spell out the "WW"s since we're talking about two different things here. :lol: I wonder if it'd help to get a full wax pool if you tried the aluminum foil wrap that Jason posted about awhile back. :lol: Can't hurt, eh? I so agree with what you said about Weight Watchers being a way of life. I think that's one of the many reasons they're so effective.

Sweet, I live in the high desert at about 3000 feet elevation. Unlike places like Palm Springs, which is an hour or so from here and is the low desert. Much warmer there. Yes, we do get snow but not usually a lot. We had a pretty good storm just before Christmas last year. Nothing compared to places that are really snowy, but it was enough to shut our streets down and keep us snowed in for a few days. Lots of tree damage - LOTS of tree damage, stuff like that. A few years ago it got down to six degrees here. :cry: I totally hate cold. [smilie=th_gif]

Tunisian, your holiday weekend plans sound just perfect to me! [smilie=th_a194]

Yes Jules, there's mail delivery on Friday, according to every website I checked. Lucky you??

I'm burning a small YC jar of Cinnamon & Sugar. Not much throw but it's nice and cozy.

Gail

Good Evening all...received my SSS order so I am melting 2 new ones!

Granny's Lemon Noel in LR...strong lemon and bakery mix-great

Nanny's Apple Butter in K...mixing well with the Sugar Free Apple Pie I am baking!

Boy I am pooped! Went straignt from work to my Dad's to clean up and set the table for tomorrow....came home and started baking. Will head up to snooze soon. [smilie=th_a194]

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving Everyone! :cry:

Hi all, haven't been on in a couple of days, and it feels weird! Honestly, haven't been doing very much melting because I was down to just a couple of fall tarts and didn't want to start in with my stash of Christmas tarts just yet. But since I start Christmas tarts on Friday, I decided to melt my YC Be Thankful tonight that I had been saving. Also finishing up my jars of Moonlight Harvest and Spiced Pumpkin. I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Recent melts:

NeNe's vanilla voodoo...weak

GHBT godiva chocolate tini....strong

Haley's vanilla maple pecan....moderate

CYS gingerbread and caramel cake...moderate

Southen Star honey almond..moderate

CYS blackberry and sage...really strong and unusual!

YC almond cookie...great scent but weak

Just strted these Christmas scents:

YC balsam fir

YC Christmas wish

YC white Christmas

Thank you, Gail.

PI - Pumpkin Pie

PI - Autumn Splendor

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy those after-meal naps.

Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving special is on tonight. yea

[smilie=th_a194]

good morning, all. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Such a nice placeto come with so many good folks, it is one added bonus I'm greatful for.

candlefanatic you are good! I wish I could say I don't have any or many fall scents left. Maybe once I get through melting the christmas stuff, I'll feel like apples and pumpkins again.

I too am on the fence whether or not to melt much today since the turkey will be in the oven. that kind of overtakes most everything. Peace candle from CBV in the bedroom, Nene's Spa in the bath. I think I'm on my third t-light with this one. It is sure strong. a definite reorder. Bear claw from Carol in the LR> still throwing and put it on last night.

Happy Thanksgiving! I am very thankful for so many things and among them are all of my wonderful CF friends.

Right now I am melting Aunt Anna's Apple Butter from Can-Do....smells pretty good. The turkey will be going in the roaster in a little while, so I probably won't melt anything after that.

I'll have some unscented tapers lit on our dinner table while we have our feast...lol.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day filled with family, friends and of course good food.

TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING,

BUT I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP.

I TRIED COUNTING BACKWARDS,

I TRIED COUNTING SHEEP.

THE LEFTOVERS BECKONED -

THE DARK MEAT AND WHITE,

BUT I FOUGHT THE TEMPTATION

WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT.

TOSSING AND TURNING WITH ANTICIPATION,

THE THOUGHT OF A SNACK BECAME INFATUATION.

SO, I RACED TO THE KITCHEN, FLUNG OPEN THE DOOR,

AND GAZED AT THE FRIDGE, FULL OF GOODIES GALORE.

GOBBLED UP TURKEY AND BUTTERED POTATOES,

PICKLES AND CARROTS, BEANS AND TOMATOES.

I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,

'TIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.

I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING, FLOATING INTO THE SKY,

WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.

BUT, I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED PAST THE TREES....

HAPPY EATING TO ALL - PASS THE CRANBERRIES, PLEASE.

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY,

MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.

MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP.

MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS.

MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,

MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS!!

Have a fantastic holiday, everyone!!

P.S. - In the spirit of keeping the post relevant to the thread, this morning I have been burning the end of PI's Pumpkin Pie. This jar lasted 3 fall seasons!

Hey girls,

Only thing I am burning so far today is my YC Spiced Pumpkin jar, hoping to finally get rid of it. Will get more going later.

Forgot who was asking about the Crepe Myrtle but its a very pretty woodsy floral scent. My 19 yr. old (omg..........did I just type 19? LOL) even likes it. Its very floral, but has some sort of woodsy undertone and a slight citrus too. Victoria had told me that this particular candle was made for a floral company that requested she make a signature scent for them. I was puzzled because I believe the company was a "Rose" company and it does not smell like roses at all. However, the first candle she sent me was a pretty burgundy red (like the crepe myrtle flower or a perfect rose) and the second was green like the leaf part of the tree. Oh well, I guess Victoria likes having fun with colors.

Regarding the Texas Breeze, I LOVE this scent so much. Waiting for Kim's next sale and I hope to get more of it in my hands. All her new scents are so amazing.

Have a wonderful, peaceful, filled with Love day everyone! Its really nice to be back here posting again.

ship_thanksgiving.gif

Good morning all. pinkglassesf.gif

Just sipping on my first cup of coffee with a splash of coconut creamer. Mmmm...so good.kaffeetrinker_2.gif

I woke to the smell of bread baking. It's hard to pick a scent to melt that could compete with that, but I settled on YC Autumn Leaves all around the house today. I'm using my new melters.

momuvtwo...cute poem. rollingf.gif

I too am grateful to have found a place to talk about my wax addiction. Thank you to all the CF friends I have made these past few months.toyou.gif

May your day be blessed and your pants be elastic! 171.gifturkydance1.gif