The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

November's Feast of Scents

Congrats to all of the football teams...Maybe we need a "Huffer's Anonymous Group" I do this too!!! My DS is flying in tomorrow. I'm really excited to see him. I am melting CHC-Dickens Christmas and Sugared Spruce. Have a great day everyone.

Hope everyone's Monday is off to a great start! I'm finishing off HoT's Peppermint Mocha Cafe. Think I'll switch to HoT Dark Sweet Potato in a bit.

MaggieMae, I will have to add "Something the Lord Made" to our Netflix queue. I love Alan Rickman (Snape from the Harry Potter movies)--he's one of my favorite actors!

Sandoz~ Me too! You probably already know that he was the bad guy in the first "Die Hard"....my DS was amazed that it was "Snape"....lol.

Melting one tart in Cracklin' Birch from Kountry Lights....it is nice and strong without any headache. It's perfect for this fall evening.

The UPS man just stopped by with my Woodwick tart order. Plopped in Frasier FIr right away! Lovin' it.

I did, but only because of my DH! I never really watched action movies until I met him, but I'll make an exception for Snape. [smilie=th_00000020] I can't believe how young he looks in Die Hard, though!

Good Morning gang!

I am melting Can-Do's Egg Nog....smells pretty good!

LLVV and sweet&spicy, thanks for the great words of encouragement regarding my waxy dilemma....lol. I just need to snap out of it! I still love my waxies!!!!

Okay, I really should be doing something constructive right now, but instead I am watching a movie...it's Man In the Moon...the story of Andy Kaufman....what a nutcake.

Have a great day!

Further melting:

YC Be Thankful...strong but it fizzled out quickly

YC farmhouse apple ...weak

YC red berries and cedar...weak

CYS autumn's glow cake...strong and yummy!

Good morning!

Today's lineup is:

Tarts-

Carol: Mulberry and Toasted Marshmallow

Candles-

Cranberry Chutney and Napa Valley Harvest

Good morning,

I didn't have a chance to post yesterday so I'm playing catch up.

Yesterday was all about BG's Maple & Brown Sugar. Not my all time favorite scent but plenty yummy. Lasted for hours and was really strong. If you like maple-y scents, give it a try. :P

I also burned Wood Wick's vanilla bean. Love WW! And I learned something from you, my CF friends. I wanted to hear the crackling sound so I put it on an end table next to me. Heard it but couldn't smell it. After a couple hours I moved it to a table on the other side of the couch where it really started throwing! You guys have said to move things around when you're not getting enough scent. Wellll, you all know what you're talking about! :P Thanks!

Today's melt is Honey Gingerbread from Can-Do. Just getting started, but I think it's gonna be good!

eta: Honey Gingerbread is TDF! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Gail

good afternoon, all. got a late start today. went to the grocery store after work and before I picked up the dog from the babysitter.

now sitting down to a cup of Starbuck's Christmas blend(really good espec. if you like their sumatra) and melting Nene's caramel corn. aaahhh, I didn't realize I had gotten two. so glad I did. love love this. so buttery good and strong.

have a good Mon., all.

Back from work and the Blueberry Melon tart from Cheryl's has been going all day and it's sweet and delicious! Not the perfect scent on a COLD day but nice all the same!

Gail~ I LOVE HONEY GINGERBREAD from Can-DO!!! One of my favorites!

Hi gang! Been crazy busy so I'm just popping for a quick hello and wax report......Today I'm meling YC Autumn Leaves downstairs, Falling Leaves from Nene's upstairs. Burning YC Be Thankful - this large 2-wick tumbler is lasting longer than I expected. It won't be finished by Thanksgiving and Friday I start Christmas wax so I guess it gets to hang out and be ready for next fall.

Have a great afternoon/evening everyone!

Sandoz~ I agree he is a youngster in Die Hard...but I must admit Snape is my favorite character in the HP series!

Melting more for fall:

K- Honey Graham Cracker

FR- Cookies Fresh from the Oven

LR- Pastry Shoppe

All from Candledippers....smells like a bakery in here! Starting the shephard's pie for dinner...hope it doesn't cover up the scents.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too MPfand!!

No melting for me this afternoon; just enjoying the smell of pumpkin bread that's baking in the oven. Yum! We are leaving for ID tomorrow morning and I wanted to wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving in case I don't have a chance to get on here before then.

trep, don't you love those surprise melts? lol happened today to me.

splt, I've been eyeing Carol's honey patchouli. I'm trying to imagine how it is. what's your report?

maggie and Gail-I make a mental note on the honey gingerbread from Can do. thanks

Maggie-that blueberry melon sounds like a wonderful combo! I'll have to remember that for a future Cheryl order.

mp-enjoy your trip. I could almost smell your house. lol

just started butterrum allspice from Angie's. cold sniff is wonderful, as were all the others in the box. It's pairing nicely with the cup of coffee w/creme brulee creamer. I, the one that doesn't like those creamers. lol

Cyn, Celtic Grogg = yum! I like that one.

Tonight:

CD - Coffeehouse

CMFS - Pumpkin Pie Paradise

YC - Pomegranate Fruit (these large jars burn for-ever)

MP - Have a safe and great trip! Enjoy the holiday.

Tonight I'm melting:

YC - North Pole...cut the votive in half. A really nice scent and more different from Jack Frost then I thought it would be. It just needs to be stronger and it would be perfect.

burning:

YC - Cranberry Chutney and Napa Valley Harvest.

I'm going downstairs to watch TV and have to pick out another tart. I'll go through my Carol collection for something fabulous.

Guest ilovescentedthings

tonight were enjoying Haley's pink sugar. So glad we tried it with a tea light this time around. Tea ligh=better throw=happy noses.

For some reason her tarts don't work well in my house when using electric/bulbs. I am excited to have found something that works with her tarts.

Safe travels to all who are traveling for turkey day!

LLVV-north pole kind of reminded me of the white chocolate mint they had a few christmas's back.