The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

November's Feast of Scents

Michelle....that is so cool about standing next to Adam Lambert....did you get to talk to him?

Today it's Butterscotch Brulee by Nene's. Love this one! [smilie=th_confused3]

Happy Weekend!

I hope the day goes better over here...yesterday -

I got up, went to make coffee and knocked the grounds all over the floor and into my shoe. :lol:

Then, coffee made, sat down at the computer and the cat jumped up and knocked over my coffee cup - all over my candle notebook! I shrieked and the cat has not come back in the room since... [smilie=th_confused3]

Then, I was putting away leftovers and everyone's favorite, the sweet potatoes, fell off the shelf in the refrige when I opened the door and hit the floor - the unbreakable Corelle? In a million slivers in the orange mound on the floor. [smilie=th_bounce]

And the one that finally made me head to bed - I tried to do my CD BF order and the code would not work. I could have emailed and whined, but I just didn't have it in me at that point!

So - gotta get better, huh?

Today - CD Everygreen Potpourri

Cottage Hill - Jingleberry

Oh NO! Debra, that's an awful start. :lol: Today is bound to be better. Your post make me giggle though. [smilie=th_confused3]

Switched out Elf Sweat for SSS Mulberry.

Good morning!

Michele, sounds like you had a great time with the family. I didn't think Adam Lambert was really tall either. Maybe 5/9" or so.

Tunisian, my YC jars are small but there is no throw at all. Pretty much the same thing with most of the tarts. I haven't tried CBV yet but I'm pretty much thinkin' I'm done with Yankee. :lol:

Jules, less IS more so much of the time. After awhile, much of it is just "stuff" ya know? [smilie=th_confused3]

Debra, that is an astoundingly wretched day! [smilie=th_bounce] If it weren't so exasperating for you, it could have been an episode of I Love Lucy! Today WILL INDEED be much better! :P

I'm burning two little YC jars. Cinnamon Sugar and Cranberry Chutney. They look pretty on this cold, dreary, cloudy morning but the big winner is one little tart of Carol's Sugared Spruce. :lol:

Happy Saturday, CF buddies!

Gail

OH NO Debra!!! [smilie=th_confused3] I sure do know those days....it's like you got up on the wrong side of the bed and everything that could go wrong, does! At least you know...today HAS to be better! :lol:

Popped in a CHS Country Berry Hotcakes...boy, this baby is strong and very berry! It's overpowering the Snickers Coffee...WOW!

PS....LOVE everybody's avatars....so festive!!!

oh golly, Debra what a day indeed. and yes, that Corelle goes into a million little slivers when it does break.

Gail, I am so done with YC. I figure with the money I spend with them, I'd rather give it to a small vendor. they have sacrificed quality for quantity and it shows. I had the christmas wreath which is the most authentic tree scent I've ever smelled burning for 3 hours in the living room. double wicks, full melt pool. I stepped out the door to the laundry room and when i came back, all I smelled was a 9 oz mason jar of CBV coconut praline burning in my KITCHEN! so done. coupon or no coupon.

going to go take a nap before work. blew out my candles so it's SSS christmas cravings in the living room and SSS sugar donuts in the br. this is a bakery but has the warm vanilla sugar in it so very comforting for sleep time.

to those of you with your sugared spruces-I do love that scent. got to get more.

Debra: I hope today was a much calmer day for you...This evening i am melting GG-spiced apples and peaches. It reminds me of a long-ago party drink which consisted of apple juice, red hots and Jack Daniels. It was called apple-jack. It was so good, but very lethal !!!!. I hope everyone has a great evening.

Daily melting:

Kountry Lights bayberry...weak, but it's an old tart

Southern Star zucchini bread...moderate

CYS sugared apple vanilla....great scent but weak

NeNe's blueberry lemon loaf...strong and a favorite

NeNe's cafe vanilla latte...strong

CHC gingered peach..doubled up...weak

Melts for the evening-

Cherry Chip Cake-Southern Star

Pink Lemonade-Southern Star

Blue Sugar-Can Do

Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper-Can Do

Heather and Hyacinth-Candledippers

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and shopping day yesterday.

Good night.

Hello!

Tunisianswife - LOL about YC! I actually buy (only when on sale) their votives and small jars because they don't give off much scent most of the time. I use Carol's tarts almost exclusively for scenting and add in YC's candles for candlelight.

Today's scents -

Tarts-

Granny's Blueberry Apple, Christmas Past, and Sweet Potato Pie

Candles-

Be Thankful and Mountain Pine.

Hi Everyone!

I still didn't get to melt today. Everyone leaves tomorrow. It has been fun having everyone here but I need to get my house back to normal. I love when all of them are here but I must admit I get used to a clean house.

Cindy-I didn't speak to Adam Lambert. By the time I realized who it was I was already walking out the door. NYC is funny. People are used to seeing celebrities around so they don't tend to say much. Another time I was in a restaurant I was sitting a few tables away from Richard Gere and his wife.

My sister was in Rome 2 weeks ago and was visiting the Colisseum. She was standing a few feet away from the Jonas Brothers and their mom. They were on tour and just sightseeing on their down time. My brother in law did speak to them to say he was from the same part on NJ as they were.

All my decorations are out and tomorrow I will be decorating the house and putting up the tree.