The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

November's Feast of Scents

good morning, all.

cperk-that sweet snow cake sounds good.

just got home from work. long and busy night. tossed a Nene's creole cream in the lr melter. I so want to burn CBV peppermint bark in the BR while I sleep; it is so soothing but I know it is a no-no to have a candle burn while sleeping. maybe my last Nene's sweet snow pine in the BR melter. it's comforting and so good.

have a good 'sunday, all.

Hi! [smilie=th_u51] I hope everyone is having an enjoyable holiday weekend.

Melting Sugared Spruce and Aspen Winter this morning, both from CFTKR. Time to break out the holiday scents. We decorated for the holidays yesterday, so it is festive around here!

Just came back from a long walk.... needed this after all the turkey. Time to relax and have a cup of tea now! :?

Good Morning everyone... :?

Michele, ITA about the houseguest thing. Mine just left a little while ago. Love having them over, but also so glad when they leave and I can get things back to "normal". One of my least fave things to do is clean the guest bath [smilie=th_u51] I'm weird.

I've got some elderly tart brittle from Bella's melting.....Grammy's Zucchini Bread....still has lots of scent! Wow! I am really loving the ZB scents lately for some reason. Best bakery scent.

I swore to myself that I wasn't going to cave for any of the wax sales on Friday, but ended up ordering from Nene's anyhow. [smilie=th_e16]

I'm a little behind on reading what everyone has been melting lately. I am thinking once I get my decorations out, I will be more in the mood for the holiday scents.

I've got to jump in the shower....we had a little bonfire yesterday afternoon so the kids could make s'mores and my hair still smells all smokey! Need to freshen up!

Have a great day! kulsmiley1.gif

Michele......same way here in Tennessee with country Music stars....it's always neat to see them out and about.

Today it's LOL's Warm and Creamy.....love this scent!

That's cool about the celebs. being out and accessible. I may set up my grapevine tree display today. DS leaves tomorrow for Penn. The Colts play at 1:00, so we'll be gaming here. This morning I am melting Ten Digit Creations-Country Christmas. Everyone have a great day.

Currently melting:

Evening Eclipse sweet brandy...moderate

Crosscreek plumberry spice...strong and wonderful!

GHBT candy cane....strong but didn't last long at all

I've got the wreath on the door, but that's as far as I've gotten for decorating!

Happy Sunday everyone!!! Do you all have the spirit yet???? I do! Today we're off to take my nephew to see Santa, and we'll also try to take individual pictures of him and DD for our Christmas Cards. We'll see how that turns out. We still have time. Was hoping to go to the YC Flagship store before the holiday, we'll see how things go.

Yesterday I melted a bunch of stuff, YC North Pole (absolutely love it!), nice and strong., YC Home Sweet Home, an authentic Pine scent, which I usually don't like, but I think my tastes are changing, mildly strong, and CYS Solemn Stillness, which was on the light side, but the scent was good, however, I didn't smell what the description state, which was Cranberries, brown sugar and cream, I just smelled a fruity scent. So far I'm 0 for 2 on the strength of the CYS tarts. I let them all cure for about 3 weeks, and still not strong enough for me. I will melt all that I bought, and hopefully the rest will be stronger.

Have a great afternoon everyone!!!

[smilie=th_e16] friends,

Sharon, I couldn't sleep either. I was upset about one of my best GF's breaking her shoulder. She's one of the most angelic people on the planet and I'm angry this happened to her. [smilie=th_u51] I hope you have a better night tonight.

Aria, I'm kinda weird about the guest bath cleaning too, although it IS so nice to get it freshened up and back to normal, isn't it?

Trep, do you know why you didn't like the Woodwick Vanilla Bean? I like it okay but to my nose it has an element of perfume which I wasn't expecting and didn't really want. The new Cider is much better!

Silly, sounds like a great Sunday plan today. Have fun!!

I'm melting Candle Dippers' Autumn Wreath. Not as strong as I'd like but it's probably just as well, since my little granddaughters are coming over to decorate Grandma Gail's Christmas tree. :?

Have a lovely Sunday, everybody.

Gail

Gail, I think you hit the nail on the head about the Woodwick Vanilla Bean--after it really got going it seemed to have a sickeningly sweet perfumey scent to it, that, mixed with the vanilla really got to me. I wasn't expecting it either as, on cold sniff, all I got was the nice vanilla aroma.

For the rest of the day it is YC Island Guava melting and BBW Ginger Vanilla burning.

Hi gang! It's been a busy weekend but finally have a little time to putter around the house. This morning I burned YC Sparkling Snow (small tumbler) while working, and melted the remainder of yesterday's Cranberry Peppermint from CHC. Right now I'm melting a Pine and Peels from Carol (last year's leftover and not too strong anymore but it was stored in a plastic bag so I'm not surprised - the scent was nice and strong as I recall). Currently burning 2 candles - YC Mistletoe (2-wick medium tumbler) and also burning a Pure Scents candle in Home for the Holidays.

ETA: The Pine and Peel from Carol is actually doing quite well now!

Hi All,

Wiish I could get into the spirit....it may have something to do with all that's been going on here today. Woke up to a beautiful Sunday but then our propane tank ran out...no biggie....but, while dh was in the basement looking for tools he noticed the wall sweating and was like...what the???? Then found it was the plumbing connected to the hot water tank that sprang a leak and was lightly spraying the wall of the basement...we thought we maybe had an underground stream running thru our basement because it looked like the water was coming thru the cinderblock!!!!!! lol...then on the way back from the hardware store, his vehicle caught fire from a leaf under the hood and sitting near the wires!!! Yikes! Luckily he was back in front of our home when he saw it smoking and we had a fire extinguisher! So, he is now out and about in my mini van shopping at Home Depot and we still have the leak in the basement and, my dinner is still not finished in the oven b/c well um....we are out of propane!!!

Maybe that is why I am not in the Christmas spirit yet. I feel like my day is all topsy turvy!!

Yesterday I did manage to melt LOL's Winter Apple which was very nice....boy what a difference a day makes....24 little hours....isn't that how the song goes? So true! My day is nothing compared to yesterday!

anjoysmom, sounds like a day where you want to put it in 'rewind'. seems like those things all come at once. so thankful your husband was ok and turning into home when it happened. thank goodness for fire extinguishers! I'm sure that reduced the damage there. hope you get the basement problems fixed soon and it is so inconvenient to run out of propane.

just getting ready for work. tossed on a Christmas memories melt from CHC. medium throw nice cinnamon scent but not real heavy choking.

have a good night, all.