The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

November's Feast of Scents

Hey gang....just one candle going right now....it's called Breakfast With Santa from Kinfolk Candles. I stumbled upon these treasures when I was out shopping today. Nice 8 oz jelly jars for $4.25. This has a nice bakery berry scent and is throwing well. I am thinking of going back to get some more of these jars....they had tons of fragrances. The Iced Gingerbread and Red Mac Apple smelled wonderful too. Cute labels and what a nice deal.

Had to chuck that Pastry Shoppe...it smelled like a guinea pig cage.....we always had a guinea pig in our house growing up and this scent smelled like the cedar chips...but not in a good way....I like cedar. [smilie=th_00000020] Maybe it's just me. [smilie=th_confused3]

Turned off all my melters downstairs tonight. Letting everything neutralize so I can start fresh. Finally have my melter upstairs going....I have a 40w bulb that blew out and I can not find a 40 w short candelabra bulb to put in it. I went to the hardware store and he didn't have any and laughed at me when I said it was for melting wax tarts.... :lol:

Does anybody know who might sell them?

Aria~ I found the web site and those candles look adorable! It looks like you got a great deal as well! I love the scents they offer...did you get any melts? How is the throw on those candles?

We had guinea piggies, Maggie! They are so adorable with their little fluff of hair on the tops of their little heads. We had 2 - then suddenly we had 14! [smilie=th_confused3]

Tonight is Orange Peel and Pine from Kountry Lights

Insomnia melting:

Southern Star hansel and gretel (strong)

Kountry Lights bayberry (doubled up...moderate...these are old tarts)

CHC vanilla berry (doubled up...moderate..not smelling vanilla)

Crosscreek spiced sugar plums (moderate)

Good morning!

I'm melting:

CFTKR: Pumpkin Crunch Cookie and Bog Cranberries & Apple.

I'm burning:

YC: Cranberry Chutney and Napa Valley Harvest.

I'm really getting into a Thanksgiving Day mood. Now I just need to finish one of these candles so I can burn Be Thankful.

Good Morning.....

I was melting Carol's Christmas Wish but it was way too strong and nearly chased me out of the house. I like the scent, so maybe I will switch it to a melter that doesn't get as warm as the tealight melter I was using.

Also lit my new candle...Breakfast With Santa from Kinfolk Candles. Maggie, I am getting decent throw from this small 8 oz jar. I have it in the kitchen and am getting whiffs of a nice blueberry bakery scent in the living room. It was being overpowered by the tart I mentioned above, but now I can smell it just fine. They didn't have any melts in the store where I was...just the jars. It's a cute jar and even had some red glitter sprinkled on top of the wax.

I am off to do some final shopping for turkey day.....it's foggy here, so I'd better drive slow!!!

Have a great day!

Turned off all my melters downstairs tonight. Letting everything neutralize so I can start fresh. Finally have my melter upstairs going....I have a 40w bulb that blew out and I can not find a 40 w short candelabra bulb to put in it. I went to the hardware store and he didn't have any and laughed at me when I said it was for melting wax tarts.... [smilie=th_confused3]

Does anybody know who might sell them?

Maggie, did you check tartburners.com or Almost Country on ebay for replacement bulbs? I know they both carry bulbs. What kind of melter is it? How about Home Depot or Lowes?

Aria~ I did check Home Depot and nada. I will check tartburners.com next. It's hard to get the right one cause it's smaller in size than the usual. I bought the warmer at Country Lights and it's a teapot warmer. Dina said she did not have any bulbs but said she gets hers at Ace....I dont think I have an Ace around here. Thanks for the ideas! [smilie=th_confused3]

We had guinea piggies, Maggie! They are so adorable with their little fluff of hair on the tops of their little heads. We had 2 - then suddenly we had 14! [smilie=th_00000020]

Debra~ [smilie=th_confused3] I know!! The same thing happened to my sister. She bought 2 female guinea pigs and didn't know one of them was pregnant...next thing you know there are 6!!!! All boys....had to get another cage QUICK!!! :lol:

Cyn~ Thanks...I'll go look!!!

Maggie, I choked and laughed so hard reading your guinea pig olfactory memory post!

hope everyone is getting their finishing touches on their holiday roundup. I've got to get in gear here and do some laundry and straighten things up from the weekend.

melting Cheryl's funnel cake and Carol's cinnamon rolls. Blue Agave from Carol in the bathroom.

have a good day, all.

Good Morning All,

I have taken off work for the next two days to cook and clean.....the heavy emphasis on clean! *LOL*

I have put 4 oz of one of my favorite LOL scents, Orange Crumb Cake in several melters. I need to stay mellow to get through the housecleaning! This is a wonderful scent if you haven't tried it.

If I don't get back here, have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

Hi everyone. Today I burning: Autumn Splendor by Seasonal Scents on the mild side. I also am remelting: Pink Sugar by Crosscreek. I want to wish each of you a happy thanksgiving.

Susan

I survived the grocery store today. What a zoo! I sure hope I didn't forget anything, but I usually do.

L&L Honey Blossom going strong all day today. So good!

Ooooh. Mail truck is here...

eta: mail truck came, but nothing good arrived.

Afternoon peeps!

I got my last minute grocery shopping done this morning....thank goodness. I think I got there before it got zoo-y, Jules. I am all set now. Tomorrow I will start preparing and putting things together. My six year old requested some jello jigglers, so I will make a batch of those too.

This afternoon I am melting Grammy's Zucchini Bread from Crosscreek. This is one of my very favorite bakery scents of all time. [smilie=th_00000020]

Maggie, I hope you can find that bulb for your beloved teapot melter. I have a melter that has an odd shaped bulb in it and I don't know what I am going to do when it burns out. [smilie=th_confused3]

Melting Pumpkin Crunch from SSS...really great but didn't last but about an hour....do these need to cure?