The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

November's Feast of Scents

hi all. Hubby and I got back a while ago from doing our little BF outing. we were only gone total including driving time =4hours. Not bad. we go to an area that does not have a mall so there are not alot of crowds to get annoyed with. we hit Dillards that was having huge sales and fabulous buys. I hit the Estee Lauder and Lancome counter and got the two nice small suitcase type thingies that were $52/54 with purchase. I am set for my makeup for the year! Hubby bought a ton of sweaters, shirts, and slacks for hiimself. We also got two $10 gc with the purchases and a cute little santa bear that the dogs will have fun with. Got a few things at sears and I got a watch(mine just died). Stopped into BBB and used my YC b2g2 coupon. got all in large tumblers in Christmas Wreath,Christmas Cookie, Lavender/vanilla, and Sage/Citrus. I found the christmas wreath to be the most authentic smells just like a fresh christmas tree! I've only had it burning for about 15 min and not much happening yet. Why is it that sometimes sales associates think act as though the money saved is coming out of their own pocket? I asked asI walked in if I could use the yankee coupon and was told I could. then stepped up to the counter and she hemmed and hawed. I didn't say anything; just stood there. Then she said I could only use it on the large jars. I knew I had read somewhere that it was also good for the large 2 wick tumblers. I didn't argue, told her I thought I had read it on the coupon. She did call the manager over who then verified. She then hemmed and hawed giving me the free little 3.7 oz free home for the holidays that you got w/$30 purchase. I guess she figured I got a good enough deal, I didn't deserve that. lol again, I didn't argue. One cashier over pointed out to her not to 'forget the free candle.' I'm sure I wasn't the first person to use that coupon there. anywhoo, not complaining; just sayin'.

CCCC Santa baby melting.

Now to put all the stuff away.

enjoy your day and all the sales.

SEVeyesC08_th.gif Hello!

Home from work...it was pretty quiet. I figured it would be with all the sales and today is the Alabama/Auburn football game. War Eagle!2rqfst4.gif

Melting Nene's Lemongrass...started it at about 7:00 this morning, and it's still going strong.

tunisianswife...sounds like you got some good sales.

Y'all have a good one!4lqqtqv.gif

Good Morning...ah I mean Good Afternoon All!

I am a big lump today...checked my mailbox and there are SO MANY BF sales....OH NO!!!

LOL, Nene, HL....I AM IN TROUBLE!!! [smilie=th_d6ac145d]

I am supposed to be on a lockdown...I am too weak for this!

Melted Fall Harvest (CHS) at my Dad's yesterday and eveyone loved it...after 2 tealights is was still kicking.

THis morning it's Cinnamon Cupcakes and Pumpkin Crunch Cookies from SSS...Strong and YUMMY!!!

Have a great day all! :shock:

Good afternoon everyone. I hope everyone is having a good shopping day. I ordered some things on line from Kohl's this morning. My order was cleared off at one point and it took so long to get anything to come up, but after 2 hours by golly, I had my order completed!!!

This afternoon I am melting GG-Naughty Pilgrim and looking maybe to order something, if I can find a great deal.

Greetings, all! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and have been having BF success!

I have had so many things to get done that I have not had much time to post! Or melt! The house still smells like turkey, so it probably does not matter! [smilie=th_d6ac145d]

Today, however, it is time to get melting.

CYS - Snowy Cranberry Cream

Haley's - Cherry Blossom

good eve, all.

Sharon, I bet that is a great combo of aromas with the pearamel and orange.

I love everyone's new avatars; so cute. I guess I'm finally season appropriate with mine. lol

we went out for a walk and just doing a bit of laundry. It's a beautiful day; fairly brisk but that's the way I like it.

melting SSS Santa Snacks.mmm, yummy. Kim is quickly becoming one of my fav. vendors. love her tarts. so clean, throw so nicely.

burning YC Christmas Cookie, and in the BR YC lavender vanilla. In the bath it is the melt that will not die-Nene's Spa. gosh, this melt has gone through 4 t-lights. each light burns for about 4.5 hrs. I decided to try a 5th t light just to see and it still is throwing. just wonderful.

have a nice eve all and enjoy the leftovers! [smilie=th_c032]

Hey girls,

Got everything in the house back to normal, thank goodness and just relaxing for the night.

Burning YC Spiced Pupmpkin and CBV Raspberry Tomato Leaf and thats it tonight. No melts going yet. Both of these candles are on their last leg and I'm [smilie=th_c032] as they are both vedy good.

Tomorrow is laundry and more laundry. Sunday, who knows maybe more laundry and then Monday its back to work and the dentist for another cracked tooth. Yikes, I was just there for a small chip and now a good size piece from another tooth. I told you guys I was falling apart............literally. LOL

Have a wonderful night and hope to catch you guys tomorrow. Happy melting or burning.

Back from my brother's ...took off my bra [smilie=th_c032] [smilie=th_aa20] time to relax! I've had YC purr-chouli going this afternoon. This one has been strong an longlasting!

OMG, you are so funny. It is just an "AHHHHHHH' moment went your bra comes off and your free!!!!!

Right now I'm melting YC North Pole, while hubby and daughter are decorating the tree. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I really did, and of course we made way too much food as usual.

Left home at 10pm to start Black Friday shopping, and got home at 7am! I slept till 12:30, I'll sleep tonight!

Have a great night everyone! Hope to have all my decorations up by tomorrow!!!!

What did I miss? I've been decorating the house most of the day, and did a little shopping this morning. I need to go back and read the daily thread still. Just checking in.

Now melting:

Busy Bee - Caramel Nut Clusters

Maurie, sorry about your toofis. Ouch. Can't even put that sort of thing off, either.

Sillysmom, [smilie=th_c032] I would have dropped long before 7am. Did you get some good deals? I wish stores would stock more of the doorbuster items.

I was sitting here sipping coffee at 8am and read the A.C. Moore flyer about their sale ending at 9am, so out the door I went, coffee in hand. One of my boys wants lots of art supplies from Santa, so at least I didn't need to brave the malls.

I've been filling carts and bailing out left and right. I want to take advantage of these sales, but I'm trying to behave myself. They are so hard to resist.

Hi Everyone!

I was planning on avoiding the stores today but DH decided in the early afternoon that he wanted to look at something at Best Buy. He didn't find what he was looking for but DD did. She started crying because she didn' put a Wii on her shopping list for Santa and Santa already did all of "her" shopping for DD. I told DH to get the Wii for me for Christmas this way we'll all have something to share. My present this year will be seeing DD's smile...nothing is better than that. Oh and I asked DH to get me Super Mario Bros.

I'm melting Carol's Pilgrim's Pie (very close to YC's Be Thankful) and burning YC's Mountain Pine.

Tonight I tossed a teeny tart sample of Isle Of Eden's Spruce & Sugar Cookies into some leftover wax that had just about lost its scent. This sample was only the size of a quarter - even in thickness - but it is VERY potent!

I had to work today, so no major Black Friday shopping for me. I am tempted by some online deals though. I think I will have a tough time resisting this weekend.

Hi All!

It has been a crazy couple of days No melting for me. My house is in chaos. DH took down all the Christmas decorations from the garage. That will be the weekend project. All the kids are home. We all went to Manhattan tonight to eat and go to a magic show. We had a great time and Adam Lambert was standing next to me in the restaurant. I didn't realize he was so tall.

It's nice having everyone here but my house is a mess. I will have lots of time to clean and melt next week. I am glad I am busy and not too much time on the computer. It makes it much easier to resist the sales! [smilie=th_confused3]

Jules, I also filled and deleted a lot of carts yesterday...nothing really grabbed me except the Soyphisticated candles.

Overnight it was YC holiday sage...moderate

Currently Crosscreek plum pudding..very strong with immediate throw!

candlelove, what a fun time with your family. amazing how when we are busy w/hustle and bustle, there's not much time to shop online. lol time w/family is precious and online shopping can be done anytime; and is there anything we really have to have we can't live without?

wow Emily, that must be one nice strong tart. a sure winner.

too funny about the shopping carts being filled and emptied. I've done that a time or two. sometimes it's jsut fun to fill a cart. [smilie=th_confused3]

this morning starting out with CBV coconut praline candle. moderate throw and a nice toasted coconut aroma. I love how her candles burn so darned clean. beautiful steady flames too. I have to resist ordering from her right now but not sure I can. Especially after getting these 4 YC 'duds' yesterday. I thought if I got the tall 2 wick tumblers that they would throw better but these little 9 oz mason jars from Victoria throw better than those big YC.,

hope everyone has a good weekend; not much here for metoday. just work.

My house is a wreck! I don't remember holiday decorating requiring two days. I have vowed not to buy any decorations this year, and in fact I'm letting a few things go. Sometimes less is more. I'm determined to whip this place into shape today.

The only decorations I really want are the ones that hold wax.

This beautifully cool morning, I'm scenting with:

Candledippers - Evergreen Potpourri melt

Full Moon - Sugared Spruce pillar

YC - Mountain Pine jar

Bissy's Boutique - Elf Sweat melt