The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

November's Feast of Scents

Awww....geeze Anjoymom...enuf already! Sounds like your dh can take care of the leak and getting propane. Hope there wasn't much damage to his vehicle. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Melting Carol's Nutmeg Nellie. Mmmmm....one of my fave's. :lol:

Anjoymom, I had to tell my DH about your day. He could totally relate and wished your DH well.

I'm outside right now sitting by the Chiminea. It's cool enough for a fire tonight.

Melting:

Christmas Cookie - AMS

Cozy Christmas - AMS

Welcome Home for the Holidays - Cozy Cottage

Pomegranate Fruit YC jar

Hello!

My scents for tonight are:

Tarts -

Carol's Cinnamon Glazed Donuts and Holiday Nostalgia (pretty authentic tree scent)

Candles -

YC's Mountain Pine and Be Thankful.

I had to order 2 more of the Be Thankful jars. OMG, this is such a great scent and I can get a great throw out of a small jar. Very impressive for YC.

Holy cow, Anjoymom, that's a [smilie=th_a136] Humbug kinda day if ever there was one! Things have got to be on the upswing after all that! I hope your car's not in too bad of shape and everything gets back to normal.

The granddaughters and my sister did a fine job decorating the Christmas tree. I took about 372 pictures so I'm hoping to get half a dozen or so good ones. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Melting LOL's Harvest for most of the day. Quite satisfying and adding to the festive mood around here. :lol:]

Gail

Lots to catch up on since I've been away. We ended up coming home a day early. DD got sick with strep throat and a double ear infection. Then she had a severe reaction to the antibiotic so we spent half the night in the ER last night. It was scary. I hope the worst is over. I'm melting Gingerbread Latte from Bella's and Holiday Kiss from Scentsy.

Anjoymom, wow, what a day! I sure hope nothing else happened. Take care.

sweet&spicy, I love Nutmeg Nellies too!

Right now I have a jar of YC Be Thankful burning...smells so wonderful. LLVV, I agree, this is a real winner from YC!

Jules, staying toasty by the chiminea?

Anjoymom - your day makes my bad day yesterday seem like no big deal!

Tonight I am finishing off the Illuminations candle on the warmer (Dulce de Leche). It is a lot stronger than when it was burning.

Also melting - Alaskan Wild Berries, House of Soy

It has been another crazy day around here. DH is driving my DD back to the city and I am getting a bit of a break. I have to drive DD back to college in PA in the morning. DD and I decorated the tree and DH and older DD decorated the outside of the house. There is still tons of decorating to do in here but I think we did enough for today. There are still boxes everywhere. I will do a bit of decorating on my own tomorrow when I get back

I melted Busy Bee Vanilla Pine Cones in 2 melters this afternoon. I don't know if it was just my nose but I could not smell it at all. I also had CFTKR Christmas Garland going in the LR and that had a nice throw. I am burning YC Christmas Cupcake in a large tumbler and this candle is having burning issues. I can't seem to get a full melt pool on this no matter how long it is burning. My Slatkin Fresh Balsam candle is doing great. I love the scent and the throw on this is very strong. It is filling my whole downstairs. I have been very happy with my Slatkin candles. The next time they have a 2 or $20 sale I will have to stock up.

Good night Everyone!

Anjoymom~ What a terrible day!! :lol: It sounds like everything went wrong at once just like Debra! Thank goodness your husband was not hurt! I hope tomorrow you wake up to a wonderful new beginning of the week!! [smilie=th_a136]

Melting Autumn Wreath (Candledippers) this eve...very nice.

Pink Charlotte (MD) in BR

Had Blue Like Jazz (CYS) going all morning and afternoon....LOVE IT...it made me go and order more stuff! [smilie=th_idontknow]

Been melting 1 tart of Texas Breeze (SSS) in my BR and it lasted for 3 days! I am so impressed! I love the scent...it's beautiful! Gonna reorder that one.

Have a nice night all!

Hi Everyone! I put out my Christmas decorations so I have lots of candles and melts going tonight, spread throughout the house. I'm burning a Yankee 2 wick tumbler in McIntosh, a Woodwick in Cranberry Currant, Slatkin 3 wicks in Fresh Balsam and Creamy Nutmeg, a small Slatkin jar in Winter, and Old Virginia Farmgrowns in Peppermint Candies, Cherry and Chestnuts, Gingerbread and a mystery Christmas scent (the label is missing). I'm melting LOL Gingerbread Cobbler, Blue Gecko Holiday Splendor, and Can-Do the Perfect Holiday Spice. Also have some old B&BW Aspen Winter oil in a new plug in oil burner in the bathroom. It sounds like a lot going on but they are grouped in complementary scents and it smells sooo good in here!

(((Anjoymom))) Can I just give you a big hug? Bless your heart.consoling2.gif

Been a slug most of the day...melting CCCC Coconut Milk and Lavender.

tunisiansmom...don't work too hard.birgits_snill.gif

Gail...sorry about your friend. I hope you get some good sleep too. zzz.gif

Jules...a fire sounds so romantic. Vishenka_17.gif

Y'all have a good night! 30upn9j.gif

mp....glad you had a safe trip....I know that scared you so bad with your little one. Hope everything is fine now.

Melting cinnamon rolls by can-do! Always a favorite!

Anjoymom,

Oh my goodness. I am glad that today's over for you. I have had some dilly of a days in my life, but yours was pretty over the top. I am glad no one got hurt.

I found a new "reorder" to add to my LOL list today - Gingerbread Maple. Whoo hoo. I put it on at least 8 hours ago and I am still getting a good throw. And a wonderful scent!

Good Morning everyone. Here's to a good day and week for all of us especially those of you who had some big challenges yesterday. When things go wrong it kind of makes a person edgy as to what is going to go wrong next.

Starting today out with Crosscreek Christmas Cookie.

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffee] Ugh, it's early.....after I get the kiddos off to school, I may "rest my eyes" for a wee bit....lol.

My Monday morning melt is YC North Pole....it's yummy...more vanilla in it than Jack Frost. I will probably light my Jack Frost jar later on. It's going to be cloudy here and that white wax just glows! I probably should pull out one of my Warm Glow hearth candles for these dark days....they glow so nicely.

Have a good day everyone!

Anjoymom-Bless your heart, a much better day is in store for you all today. Gail, sorry about your friends injury. Mpfand; Glad DD is doing o.k. I'm sure a scary few hours. I am melting SSS-Cinn. Sugar. YUM Yummy...DS goes back to his home in Penn. tonight. I hope everyone has a non-eventful day.... :lol:

Happy Morning Back to Work All, (YUCK!)

Anyway, here we are. Just put on another new one for me - LOL's Ginger Fig. Will try to report back on it later. Have a good one all. One great thing about working from home (besides melting whatever I want), I have on the Sirius Holiday Traditions channel. I can listen to the sappy Christmas oldies all day long. I am so easily entertained!

sounds like everyone is having a nice time getting their decorating done. I threw my wreath up on the door on Fri. lol

mpfand, that had to be so scary with your daughter's reaction. was she having the hard time breathing?

Maggie, so glad that Texas breeze is strong. I was thinking I'd get this in a candle because I thought it would have a strong throw. so glad that Maurie cued us in on it.

just tossed on CCCC ginger sugar cookie. i do love this one.

mpfand, that had to be so scary with your daughter's reaction. was she having the hard time breathing?

No, she was ok with her breathing. She broke out in hives from head to toe and turned bright red, like a really bad sunburn. She ran a fever, had a low pulse and became dehydrated quickly. I knew it was bad because when we got to the ER there were a few people ahead of us, but they took her immediately and the dr. came right in along with two nurses. They started an i.v., administered two medications through the i.v. and also gave her a shot and an oral medicine. Thankfully, she responded well and was looking and feeling much better when they discharged her.