The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
PuppyLove

A Scentember to Remember

Tonight I tried Crosscreek Beyond Berry which I would like to rename Beyond Boring......it was scentless!

[smilie=th_aola]

Switched to GG pink hissy fit,much better. :oops:

Hey Girlie, that has been my experience with everything i've tried from Crosscreek unfortunately. But I know there are people that love her stuff. Have you liked anything from your order?

Good It's Only Thursday Morning!!!

Front melt: B&BW ~ Vanilla Coconut candles and votives

Back melt: CFTKR ~ Vanilla Frosting sample ~ nice but too light for me

Michele: I haven't had any trouble with getting SSS out of my tealight melters. It comes out so easily with a spoon. Doesn't pop out like SSS and Crosscreek but still easy to get out.

sillysmom: I have hits and misses with Crosscreek like any other vendor. Check back, when either a sale is going on or in other areas and members will post what they like from Crosscreek. You could start a new thread asking yourself, if you want.

Cisley

Cisley-I just finished Melting SSS Red Hot Cowboy. It was a real winner! The problem I have with Kim's wax is that it does not get really hard and is very messy to get out of the bowl.

Just started melting SSS Pumpkin Cheesecake in 2 melters and am burning YC Harvest Wreath. This a great candle that I found in the outlet store.

This afternoon I'm melting

CFTKR Spicey Little Bites...this smells good but is very light in throw

Almost country Orange Cranberry Muffins

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Current scents are:

K - Butt Naked - Can-Do - A favorite - awesome!

LR - Fig Tree - Kerry's Scented Candles - A very nice moderately strong scent

BR - Melon Ball - Candles by Victoria - Awesome and strong - A new favorite!

Bathroom - I made a tart out of what was left of my YC Sand Castles Swirl jar candle - I hate to waste any wax!

Good morning or afternoon!

I'm melting Banana Ivy from Busy Bee. It's a beautiful fragrance but very light.

Gail

ETA: The Banana Ivy was a slow starter. It's still not super strong but it's throwing better and is so pretty!

Michele: I let SSS wax cool completely and like I said, I have had no problem. I just clean out 3 this morning. I use a big spoon and paper towels, but I have to do that for all my tart clean up. I am puzzled.

Doing a Laundry Fest today ~ yipee ~

Front melt: Bissy's ~ Pink Sugar ~ yummy

Back melt: CYS ~ Apricot Praline Cake ~ smells better in a smaller area this time around

Cisley

Michele, I freeze the SSS wax. I then take an old steak knife and gently plunge it into the center of the wax. sometimes I have to make 3 or 4 holes. I then just lift it out with the point of the knife. I think that getting a little air between the bottom of the bowl and the wax helps lift it out. I hope this helps. [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

I'm melting YC Autumn wreath :lol:

Cisley and Barbita- Thanks for your feedback.I am puzzled too. I just did 2 this morning. I had a knife and paper towels. It is just one big soft mess. I am going to email Kim to see if she changed her wax or something. When did you order? I ordered in the July sale.

I ordered during the July sale too. Are you using tealights? I use most all my wax with tea lights BUT I did do one of her bars with electric and again no problems at all. The wax is soft but not icky soft so after cooling it comes out very easily with a spoon and maintains the shape.

Cisley

Michele, Yes I ordered during her last sale. These also seem easier to get out then the first time that I ordered from her. I always seem to use my electric 25W combo melter with most tarts. Hmmm! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Hi Everyone! We're getting ready to leave in a few hours. You all will most likely be getting ready for bed when we are just waking up. I'm sooo missing my smellies. Last night out of addictive desperation I ordered some new candles from YC - Pineapple Cilantro, Napa Valley, a couple of Halloween scents, and whatever Christmas scents they had available. I also ordered 2 of the Christmas preview packs. I was even able to get onto Ebay and order some new scents from Carol.

I also ordered from Crosscreek way back and didn't have much luck with her tarts which really surprised me. I could smell them cold but nothing out of my melter. I don't remember which electric melter I was using at the time but it definitely wasn't my 24 watt ones. She has a great looking scent list and great customer service.

Today's first melt is Crosscreek's Hippity Hop Bunny Cake. A fairly light throw but good!

Funny you all are talking about Crosscreek and I choose one to melt today. I love her tarts. But, some are lighter than others.. I melted Watermelon Smoothie recently and WOW what an amazing scent!

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Have a safe flight LLVV!

Today's scent is Candle Dipper's Apricot Freesia.

We have lots of people out at work for vaca and family illnesses, so I am working extra this week -- I am sooo ready for Friday!