The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
PuppyLove

A Scentember to Remember

Aw thanks, Barbara. I can't take credit for it though. I read it here from someone else. Maybe Sweet or CBGirl or Jules. It IS accurate though! We should submit to to Miriam Webster and make it a bonafide word, don't ya think? [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Gail

Aw thanks, Barbara. I can't take credit for it though. I read it here from someone else. Maybe Sweet or CBGirl or Jules. It IS accurate though! We should submit to to Miriam Webster and make it a bonafide word, don't ya think? [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Gail

Yes! I love it. [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Gail-I went easy on the scents when they were here. One of my cousins was on chemotherapy and I didn't know if the scents would bother her. I put on EW Drunk Apples, Haley's Spiced Apple, BG Citrus Basil and SSS Vanilla Berry. We were actually out for most of the days so at night I just lit a candle. I have company withdrawal right now so the scents I have on tonight are relaxing. Does anyone else find their smellies relaxing after a stressful day?

Michele - you make a good point about being considerate of those on chemo. My dad has been going through chemo and radiation for his lung cancer. He hasn't been bothered by my smellies but I have told him to let me know if anything does bother him. I hope that your cousin is doing well.

Thanks Olive! My cousin has had breast cancer for 12 years. She has different tumors pop up now and then and fights them off with chemo. She is feeling well.

I went light on scents because when my other friend was on chemo I remember she couldn't be near flowers. I think the scent wasn't good for her or for some other reason.

Hello and thanks everyone for caring bout these winds today was actually nice and mellow but we have a mini playground for our girls and almost all the bark is gone I just have never seen the wind that bad ugh... couple of the vines are perinnials so they should be ok by next year just wish the wind could have destroyed the yard after the bday but noooo :?

Darling guess what we got snow up in our mountains and supposedly this is the earliest weve had it yet [smilie=th_blij31-1] I am soooo not ready for winter I am a summer girl that loves water :P

Michele that was very sweet of you to take into consideration your friend with chemo, thats something alot of us would forget about.

Good evening!

I'm still exhausted. I'm melting Lemon Pound Cake from Carol and burning YC's Beware and Candied Apple.

Michele - Your friend is a hero. I can't imagine the courage and stamina it would take to deal with that terrible disease for 12 years.

Darling - You lucky duck! I love snow. Is this unusual for where you live or the norm? It was a cloudy and cool day in NY.

Tonight's lineup...

YC votive - Moonlight Harvest - love this scent. Strong for a votive.

CFTKR - Cinnamon Cider Toddy - a wonderful cider scent...very apple-y and not too much cinnamon.

YC jar - Autumn Leaves - found this half burned jar while unpacking the remainder of my fall/Halloween decor! It's left over from last year and still smells great!

I never did light my new Slatkin Vanilla Shortbread jar today. I have a Kitchen Spice jar I want to finish first. I am kooky about having too many jars around. I already have several going in various stages of burn and want to finish off a couple so I can start some new ones!

Jason, how do you do it? I haven't seen you posting a thing in the damage thread this whole month, and I know some of your favorites had sales.

:P this guy = you.

Jules, having a very lean month helped me do it! September was VERY tight around here, but I did manage to place a small CFTKR order a couple of days ago. And I bought YC tarts during both of their $1 sales. Don't think I haven't been tempted. I try to just stay out of the sales thread if I can help it.

Last melts of the night:

SSS - Creme Brulee - yummy & strong!!

LOL - Pumpkin Mousse in 2 melters

Burning PI Herb Garden candle

Candle-lite - Caramel Creme - I saw this $5 candle at Walmart and decided to try it. Not bad for an el cheapo! :P

I've been burning a Buttercream tumbler jar candle from Candle Gifts and More. The candle itself is beautiful, with a hand painted scene. I can barely smell any fragrance though. It does say on their website that Buttercream is a light scent. This one would probably be good for when company's coming because it wouldn't overwhelm anyone.

:lol: Have a good night! [smilie=th_00000020]

Gail