The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Sizzling Scents

I'm going to have to look for Iced Carrot Cake the next time I'm in Wal-Mart. It sounds yummy! I'm melting Lemon Pound Cake from Back Road Hobbies. We're under an excessive heat warning today. It's supposed to be 113, ten degrees above average. :wacko: I'm ready for fall, but we still have a couple months of heat.

Twinsmom--so glad to hear you got rain also.

The Iced Carrot Cake (BH&G) is absolutely wonderful--smells like the real thing.

GOing to have to melt mine this evening when i get off work!

Maggie, the scents you posted last night sound awesome!

Today it's CYS Dark Violets. I'm slowly working my way through the half-tart cups of my Ye Olde CYS Order from March 2011.

Good morning. :)

Jedda ~ I was in B&BW the other day and sniffed their Black Pepper Bergamot candle. Loved it! It reminded me of one of my favorite perfumes...Estee Lauder's Sensuous.

Okay, all of this talk about BH&G Iced Carrot Cake has me intrigued. The girls and I will be headed to Walmart either today or tomorrow. Think I will have to make a stop in the candle aisle to get a whiff.

SMT Pink Coconut

Can-Do Secret Recipe

Can-Do Vanilla Bean Cookies

Missing my DH a whole bunch. :( Sure wish this out-of-town working would hurry up and get over with. It's just about worn out its welcome! [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

th_hello.gif

I'm melting Cookie Fix from Scentsationals th_dancing_smile.gif I was at Walmart yesterday and decided to peek in the candle section. No Iced Carrot Cake at my store yet, but was happy to see Cookie Fix. I had heard this was good and I agree! :)

Today has been a mixed bag as far as throw:

- Lemon Lava Cake (CD) - strong all day yesterday and still fragrant all morning today. I am going to replace it in a minute.

- Lemon Lavender (Shayz) - very light throw for Shayz :(. I changed it to Stargazing Lily (Shayz) which is really nice and super strong!

- Magenta (CD) - verry nice but so light :(

- Williamsburg (Scentsible Scents) - dried-fruit jam scent which is really unusual; some days I like it better than others. Today it's pretty good.

- Banana Zucchini Bread (BL) - strong and yummy

- Sugared Spruce (CD) - nice throw and a nice soft scent. Would be good for company :)

One of the stockers at our Wal Mart who sees me at the candles all the time told me they were soon going to be resetting the entire area with new "smells" (as he put it) in the BH&G/Scentsationals section so I am keeping my eyes peeled.

This afternoon I have added Vanilla Bean and Candy Cane.

I was in B&BW the other day and sniffed their Black Pepper Bergamot candle. Loved it! It reminded me of one of my favorite perfumes...Estee Lauder's Sensuous.

Honeybear - Did your B&BW have all the the new falls scents out, or just a few? I'm curious about their Cafe Au Lait - did U sniff that one? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

One of the stockers at our Wal Mart who sees me at the candles all the time told me they were soon going to be resetting the entire area with new "smells" (as he put it) in the BH&G/Scentsationals section so I am keeping my eyes peeled.

Trep - Let us know when the 'new smells' arrive - k? [smilie=yes] My Walmart is in the midst of remodeling and changing to a Super store, so I've avoided going there. But, when I hear you tell us the new ones arrive, I'll head out to another store. [smilie=th_snoopy] Farther to go....but waxies are worth it. [smilie=th_sign0162]

I'm melting Bliss' Lemon Cheesecake from a generous CF pal. [smilie=th_teks0311] Luv's me some lemon! Geez Louise - same thing that happened yesterday when I got on CF to play.....it's getting dark & thundering and now we've got a severe TS warning. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Thanks Christy! :)

Jedda~ Glad to see ya back!! :)

Honeybear~ I hope your DH hurries up and gets home soon!!! ;)

Sweet~ Be careful and stay safe!

Upstairs it was LSC Pink Cupcake- not for me...too chocolatey!

Changed it to LSC Bonsai...much better!

Downstairs:

Summer Lovin from Sweet Fixations

Honeydew Melon from Sweet Fixations

I have had a bunch of computer issues, so I am quickly popping in while it is not frozen to say I am melting an old YC - Rhubarb Plum.

Getting ready to shut things down and call it a night

[smilie=th_offtobed]

Today I surrounded myself with one of my most favorite scents EVER:

Ocean Mist by Can-Do

I put it in 4 melters and was in Nirvana all day

[smilie=cloud_9]

This evening I added a candle, Beach Breeze by MainStays. The little bugger (3 wick) started drowning, so I put it on a warmer (only about an inch left) and re-wicked it the other day, and I'll be darned if they didn't drown out after awhile too.

[smilie=angry]

Unconditional Love by ScentSationals was still going strong in my room all day.

Changed 2 bathrooms to Innocence (small sample) from Cheryl's and Doctor Mom by ScentSationals.

[smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Has anyone seen the Halloween collection over at YC? My DD works in the mall and she texted me a picture of their display - oh MY MY! Halloween is totally my thing, and I have a $10 off $25 burning a hole in my coupon folder. I want me some! My DD Melody (the one who moved to Baltimore) is coming for a visit on Saturday, and the mall is on the way home from the airport . . .

[smilie=th_sign0162] [smilie=th_excited-1]

Hasta Manana Friends

Sweet--I will definitely let you know when the new scents arrive. I figure the Iced Carrot Cake probably got put out by mistake--they do that a lot here--and then the entire new line shows up. I hope they have some others as good as the carrot cake was.

Starting the day with BH&G Wild Berry Cheesecake.

Good morning everyone!

I'm starting the day with "Harvest Zucchini" from CFTKR. So far, so good. I'm not usually the biggest fan of zb blends, but Carol's are GOOD!

Have a great day!

Trep- the employees at my closest Walmart are like that, too! I think that they randomly stock products wherever they have an empty spot. This spring, they put the new fruity BH&G jar candles on an end cap in the AUTOMOTIVE section. This was weeks before the other springtime waxies started showing up. So random!

YC - Treehouse Memories

It's growing on me. The woods notes are a bit cologne-y, but it reminds me of autumn so I'm on the fence about it.

Just re-melting Carrot Cake from Scentsy this morning. It still has a lot of scent left in it. I'll put on something new when we get home from taking my niece to the airport. This will be her first time flying by herself, but DH is working at the airport today so he'll be able to walk her through security, see her to her gate, and wait with her until she boards. I think it puts her at ease and I know it helped put her mom and dad at ease! Happy Friday, everyone!

Good Morning!!

Melting BL Pina Colada and Can Do Stormwatch. I love the BL scents I have tried so far but the only problem is I sometimes have a problem getting the wax out of the cup. Anyone else find this? We are having very heavy rain here this morning. Hope the weather clears up because DD's college friends are headed to the beach.

I am burning YC Sun & Sand, YC Oceanside and YC Christmas at the Beach. It is such a dreary day here that I figured I would light some candles.

I might stop by Walmart and see if they have that Iced Carrot Cake. It sounds so good.

Happy Friday all...heading off to go college shopping with the DS today...

Put on a waxie from my new stash...

Yorktowne from Hickory Ridge Prims...it's blackberry, orange zest, nutmeg, rose, sage, clover and vanilla and cold sniff is WONDERFUL! Hope it throws!

Michele~ I usually pour out my wax hot so I haven't noticed that about BL tarts...but that does kinda drive me nutz!

Have a good one. :)

candlelove, I've melted a few BL tarts lately...I put the dish in the freezer and they've just dropped out...I put the cooled dish with wax in the freezer upside down and many of the tarts just fall out when frozen. Shayz don't do that but I just poke down the edge of the frozen wax with a knife blade and then the wax usually pops out.

Today I am melting some really good ones! Peachy Zucchini and Pink Zucchini(both from Shayz) - strong, too!