The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

MAYbe I need more candles...

Good Late Afternoon - - -

more end-of-school craziness, but it's almost over! Tomorrow is my youngest DS "promotion" ceremony from elementary school . . . I just hope I don't do this

[smilie=th_Cry]

in front of everyone. Finished with elementary school forever. wow

My oldest DD has been packing up her room . . . she's getting ready to move to Maryland with her BF, and I have been doing this

[smilie=th_Cry]

in my car and when no one is looking. We've been trying to do a few things on our "bucket list", but time is running out. We actually watched Gone With The Wind which neither one of us has seen - me at this ripe old age and her a film buff and her minor in college no less! Today we started re-playing Guitar Hero . . . when it first came out we played our way through the entire game and in the end we "won" a guitar shaped like a toilet. We thought it was hysterical at the time and it's an inside joke, so we're revisiting that fun.

Now for the melts:

Shampure Clean by CFTKR in my living room, kitchen and hallway - I LOVE this one !!

Angel Kisses by Buggy Town in the family room

Black Canyon by Missy's Tempting Tarts in my room (also heavenly)

Egyptian Musk (clamshell) by OMG in 2 bathrooms, this was a bust it totally smelled that nasty plastic clamshell and the tarts are not smelling at all in little bathrooms

Storm Watch by Crabby Candles in my bathroom which is also a bust, this whole batch was a no-throw for both cold sniff and melt - I keep trying tho, but even in my bathroom - nada

So the bathrooms need a do-over.

So that's the good, the bad and the ugly for today.

Hope all are well.

Hello all!

I am melting a mix of Scentsationals Cupcake & BH&G Gingerbread th_happy.gif

Laurie - I would totally be th_cry2yw3.gif too! My older DS is in junior high right now. I am that mom that cries at the concerts, plays, awards....you name it! I try to not make it obvious, but I am sure sometimes people can tell lol.

Stella...I hope you are ok and damage isn't too bad for you!!!

Laurie...I know how you feel, my friend. ((HUGS))

In from work...put on Shorties Hawaiian Sunrise...don't think this is gonna blend with the marinara sauce I just started. :rolleyes:

Good Morning, Burning a candle from McCall's Berry Boutigue and it has zero throw this is the first McCall's that I have bought, at this point I would not buy another.

Really? :o I'm very surprised....mine are pretty big throwers for candles but I have never seen that scent from them. Its not on their site...could it be an old one?

[smilie=th_thwhatshesaid] Twinsmom - I'd be disappointed, too. But, like MaggieMae, I've had good luck with their candles and melts (scent & throw). I know everyone's house air flow and noses are different, tho. I'm wondering if this scent wasn't a good seller/performer for them since it's not on their list anymore. I hope you'll try another scent at some point and don't write them off. [smilie=th_pardon]

Melting CFTKR Orange Chiffon Thumbprints-delicious!!

Michele - Whenever I melted this one at work it was guaranteed to produce good comments! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] Sooo good! :wub:

My oldest DD has been packing up her room . . . she's getting ready to move to Maryland with her BF, and I have been doing this

[smilie=th_Cry] in my car and when no one is looking.

Laurie - I wouldn't be surprised if your DD is doing the same thing [smilie=th_cray] , but doesn't want U to C her, either. Letting your baby chicks leave the nest is difficult. [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

I'm melting Swan Creek's Iced Ginger Spice - nice spicy scent! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] This is just the 2nd tart of theirs I've melted so it's a little early to tell, but, while they're good, I think the Drizzle melts are stronger 4 me. Has anyone else tried both their tarts & Drizzle melts? Whatcha think? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

... I think the Drizzle melts are stronger 4 me. [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Hi! I wrote to Swan Creek about the tarts vs drizzle melts and they wrote back saying they both had a lot of fragrance but the drizzle melts do have a stronger scent while melting. They also wrote that the tarts would yield 15 hours of melt time...that seems really long!

I've only ordered drizzle melts & votives so far but haven't tried them yet...can't wait!

[smilie=th_Cry]

in my car and when no one is looking.

Laurie-It is very difficult when your children grow up and leave the comforts of home. When my oldest DD graduated from college in Washington DC 6 years ago and decided to stay there for an additional year to work I cried for 6 weeks. I was so upset. She lives in Manhattan now and I am okay with that. When my DS graduated 3 years ago he never came home either. He lives in Manhattan also. Youngest DD just graduated last week and is the only one returning home. You will miss your DD but you can skype alot. Believe me you will adjust- it will just take time.

My melts are almost done. Think I will burn Slatkin's Summer Boardwalk. This one is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

Sweet- I agree that the Orange Chiffon Thumbprints is a good one!!

Hope everyone has a great night!

Hi All-

Melting CFTKR Orange Chiffon Thumbprints-delicious!!

Michele, that sounds DELICIOUS...gonna hafta order that one in the near future!

It sounds like your kids have "done good"....you should be VERY proud!!!

The Hawaiian Sunrise smelled amazing cold but once heated... [smilie=th_gagme] ...it was plastic-y and gross.

Changed to:

Strawberry Kiwi from Blue Gecko

Watermelon Cookie Crumble from Tara's

It is sure smellin' great now!! [smilie=th_sml29]

Laurie ~ I can totally understand how you feel. My heart goes out to you. [smilie=th_empathy]

Got my Swan Creek order in today, so I am trying Pumpkin Vanilla and Vanilla Pound Cake Drizzle Melts tonight. Yummy! I got a few tarts as well, but haven't tried them yet. I'll let ya know when I do, Sweet! :)

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say we are now the proud owners of a yellow lab pup named Ozzy. Needless to say, he has been keeping me very busy! OMG, it's like having a baby around again! I've found time to throw a tart on here and there...lol. Anyhow, he is really cute and so much fun. I'll post a li'l pic soon. Ya gotta see his little face!

Melting Mulled Cider Brew from DT...a nice CF friend shared this one with me. I love this scent!

I am going to take the puppy out one more time and then head off to bed.

Good Night everyone...

I think Skype is a really good thing - I wish I would have had it when the boys headed off to school. Not that they would have been willing to use it to talk to mom! LOL!

I have a fabulous melt with no vendor name - strawberry rhubarb pie. It is super strong. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

My melts are almost done. Think I will burn Slatkin's Summer Boardwalk. This one is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

Michele and Laurie, you have much to be proud of with your children starting out in the world. Good mothers. Michele, I've been burning Summer Boardwalk all day. It is incredible. I absolutely love this scent and its strong too.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say we are now the proud owners of a yellow lab pup named Ozzy. Needless to say, he has been keeping me very busy! OMG, it's like having a baby around again! I've found time to throw a tart on here and there...lol. Anyhow, he is really cute and so much fun. I'll post a li'l pic soon. Ya gotta see his little face!

Melting Mulled Cider Brew from DT...a nice CF friend shared this one with me. I love this scent!

I am going to take the puppy out one more time and then head off to bed.

Good Night everyone...

Congratulations on your new addition. Photo please?

I shut everything down for the day except a Blue Sugar melt from Crabby Candles. I sure have enjoyed my order from CC.

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Good morning glad the storms missed us last night spent yesterday cleaning the mess from tues evening. Starting my day off melting marmalade zb from sun harbor and ice tea twist from AMS. Have a reat day all.

Hello and happy almost Friday ;)

I am starting off with Cotton Candy Frosting from HHS snoopy.gif

Stella - Glad you were spared from the storms!

trep - I *love* that scent! One of the best blueberry scents for me ever.

Aria - Congrats on your new buddy! Looking forward to seeing a pic :)

Laurie: I can't imagine what you are going through but I know if it were me I wouldn't be able to stop bawling.. Sending hugs your way.

Aria: Congrats on the new puppy, can't wait to see a pic! Good luck with puppyhood, it is a challenge ;)

Melting AC Gingerbread cafe latte @ work today

- Hawaiian White Ginger (Dream Tarts) - wonderful scent when it started but soon turned icky...not sure what I will change it to but I have a conference call in here soon so need something good for that

- Blackberry Blue Sugar (Front Porch) - in the bathroom it smells quite good but around the corner in the bedroom it smells like stale beer - weird!

Aria, congrats on the new memeber of your family! [smilie=snoopy]

Melting Whipped Cream & Honeydew from Can-Do.

Hello and happy almost Friday ;)

I am starting off with Cotton Candy Frosting from HHS snoopy.gif

Stella - Glad you were spared from the storms!

trep - I *love* that scent! One of the best blueberry scents for me ever.

Aria - Congrats on your new buddy! Looking forward to seeing a pic :)

That Blueberry Muffin is definitely one of my very favorites.