The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

The Scents Come Marching In

Guest jesuschick

Taking the morning off work to take one of the pups the the Holistic vet for a follow up visit.

Started just one warmer since I will just be here a couple of hours.

I tried a cube of ScentSationals Orange Clove mixed with one cube of ScentSationals Wassail.

The Wassail was not strong enough and the Orange Clove was a bit pungent. Hoping together they are really nice.

I am just upstate from Trep so it rained all day yesterday, through the night and like her, we are expecting several more days of it. Her area always gets more rain than us so we are fine here.

Hope everyone stays dry and has a great day!

bf-springsmiley-1.gif It's official...Happy Spring everyone!

I'm melting Strudel & Spice from A Primitve Glow...yum

Nancy, I hope the rain holds off a bit for you

Heading out to take a walk while the sun is shining this morning...rain is predicted for the rest of the day.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable first day of spring! springsmile.gif

So far, we have had just under 2" which is really good. It will rain for a bit and then stop so it is not causing any problems so far. South and west of us has had 5" already so they are having some troubles. We are to get rain off and on all day and all day tomorrow but I am hopeful it will keep doing like it is now so it won't mess things up. Guess time will tell.

HAPPY SPRING ! ! !

It looks like a beautiful day here in the FL panhandle.

Yesterday I wasn't feeling well, so it was kind of a wasted day, I need to catch up today!

Recent melts:

Sandcastles, Pink Sugar Mint by my RAOW tart making pal

Coconut Milk by OMG

Tranquil Garden Spa by BH&G

Sun Showers by Nene's

Haven't changed things up yet today, gotta get out and look at the garden - it's so exciting to see things growing day by day (except the weeds)

[smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Have a great day!

Guest jesuschick

Laurie-I am SO jealous! I am also a big gardener but sadly live in zone 5 so it will be several more weeks before I can start anything.

I have a 17' aluminum canoe in my backyard. It serves as a raised planter bed. We live on a creek and have a flagstone patio with log furniture and Adirondack chairs so it actually fits.

garden2009127-1.jpg

This year I plan tomatoes, cucumbers and either zucchini or something else in the other end.

Laurie-I am SO jealous! I am also a big gardener but sadly live in zone 5 so it will be several more weeks before I can start anything.

I have a 17' aluminum canoe in my backyard. It serves as a raised planter bed. We live on a creek and have a flagstone patio with log furniture and Adirondack chairs so it actually fits.

garden2009127-1.jpg

This year I plan tomatoes, cucumbers and either zucchini or something else in the other end.

[smilie=th_slider_flirt] JC, I LOVE your flower filled canoe!!!

Lynn

Good morning starting my day off with She walks in beauty from CYS. 1st day of spring and its cold rainy and windy. Hope you all have a great day.

Sweet & Maggie ~ I'm still trying to get a hold of the owner of the stucco company. And guess what?! Wind again today!!! :angry: Plus, the guys weren't here yesterday, so I haven't been able to get on the roof and check that skylight either.

Pulled out my Haley's stash since I heard her mentioned for a possible sale. Here's what's melting at my place today...

HHS Absolutely Fabulous Cake in my bedroom (delicious chocolatey cake)

HHS Extra Spicy Spice Cookie in the great room

HHS Blueberry Muffin in the kitchen

FP Caramel Apple at desk in kitchen (this one is taking over)

Oh, and a homemade J&J Bedtime Bath in my meditation room

Guess where I am going today?! Wally World!! Scentsational aisle, here I come! [smilie=th_c61]

Maggie, how ya doin' girlie?

A-OK Aria! [smilie=th_teks0311] Never a quiet day around here...but that's the norm...so all is well. :) How 'bout you?

jesuschick~ I love your canoe flower garden!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Melting:

Spring Rain from Dream Tarts upstairs...finally got to melting and I love it...sadly, it is already gone on her list so no reorder of this. :(

Sweet Soft Vanilla Pie from Dream Tarts downstairs...strong for a vanilla....like it! :)

Hi everybody. Yesterday I melted CD Little Black Dress -- hoo boy, it really was not my kind of scent. I only let it go a few hours and then switched it out for Can-Do Sugar Butt (so yummy!) and SH Dewberry (one of the piggies from my latest order!).

A-OK Aria! [smilie=th_teks0311] Never a quiet day around here...but that's the norm...so all is well. :) How 'bout you?

hello-chick.gifI know what you mean...life can get a little hectic around here too especially with DH gone. Never a dull moment...my 13 year old DS was very moody this morning when he left for school [smilie=th_smilies-1] (what's up with that?) Then, there was an outbreak of head lice at the elementary school last week, so I've been checking my other DS's head every day! run.gif I've also been putting gel in his hair since one of the moms told me that the lice don't like styling products on the hair. So far, so good. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Nancy, glad to hear you're not getting drenched smiley_weatherrain.gif

Put a couple of cubes of BH&G Vanilla Cinnamon Sugar in my plug-in melter in the kitchen.

Also getting ready to start another melter with a sample I got from YOCC called Monkey Bread...cold sniff is vedy nice...like a tropical zucchini bread drool.gif

treeswing.gif See you all later!

My 13 year old DS was very moody this morning when he left for school [smilie=th_smilies-1] (what's up with that?)

Ahhh....13 year old boys...what a FUN age!!! [smilie=th_pullhair] My DS started "Moodiness- 101" at 13 and at 18 he's still in that class!!! [smilie=th_shout]

Then, there was an outbreak of head lice at the elementary school last week, so I've been checking my other DS's head every day! run.gif I've also been putting gel in his hair since one of the moms told me that the lice don't like styling products on the hair. So far, so good. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Yea...I heard that too! Hope it works!! I work in a Preschool and the older brothers and sisters of our students had it going around their schools...never got it at ours...thank goodness!!!! [smilie=snoopy] Every winter I start feeling itchy!!! LOL

That Monkey Bread sounds yummy...I made up a concoction at Shady Mountain called Tropical Zucchini Bread which I love! [smilie=th_00000020]

Changed a few things out this afternoon:

Bed of Roses by OMG in my bedroom

Tropical Plumeria Petals by BH&G in my bathroom

Children's Room by CFTKR in living room & hall

I'm excited, my Dream Tarts order is on it's way, I just hope I can beat DH - he's on his way home (he works an hour away), but I'm waiting for a call to pick up my DS from his friends . . . the race is on . . . clock is ticking. I ordered 14 bags, so it might be a BIG box

[smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

JC - I love your boatload of flowers, beautiful!

There's a thread down in the basement about gardening, we should resurrect it!

[smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Have a great afternoon, everyone!

It is an absolutely gorgeous day here!

Melting-

EW Monkey Farts

EW Fruit Blast

EW Butterfly Meadow

JC-The canoe filled with flowers is beautiful.

My tulips are starting to bloom here. The start of spring is such a beautiful time of the year.

JC ~ Love the flowers! Makes me long for the greenery of the Midwest.

Laurie ~ I hope you can beat the clock! [smilie=th_fear8]

It's been a busy day around here. I've been running since early this morning. Stucco guy held back $1000 for the repair of the pool cover, though I doubt it will cost that much unless it needs to be replaced. I'm quite impressed with him! [smilie=yes]

Ran to Wally World and while there I picked up a BH&G Orange Buttercream Cupcake clamshell. I might have bought more, but I didn't see the Care Package..and I was not going to sniff everything like I normally would since I was with a "non-sniffing" friend. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Changed out a bunch of warmers:

HHS Lemonberry Cake in the bathroom

HHS Coconut Key Lime Pie in the bedroom

MJP Spice Cake in the meditation room

BH&G Orange Buttercream Cupcake in the great room (smells like Trix cereal to me...YUM-O!)

Time for a little R&R. :)

th_Hello_.gif

I am melting BH&G Wild Berry Cheesecake th_Hnh5.gif I had to turn our attic fan on because it is actually hot in the house. I am wanting to go get some ice cream! icon_lol.gif

Earlier melts were:

Cinnamon zuch bread BT-nothing throwing from it

brown sugar sunshine cake cftkr-did'nt get a throw from it at all

Currently melting:

loopy noel-wahms

spiced pumpkin crunch-tcc

pink waffle cone -wahms(too bad she went out of bussiness again)

I have been having fun with that snow, too, Michele. Sweet - I bet you could catch a flight out here before it is all over...spring starts tomorrow and they really think it will stop the snow go back to rain for awhile. Hurry! [smilie=superman]

Debra - I've got a better idea. Weather systems move from west to east, and I'm east of you [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] ....so if you could just go outside and blow really hard at the snow :tongue: , I bet it'll reach me in no time. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

My tulips are starting to bloom here. The start of spring is such a beautiful time of the year.

Glad to C U back Michele! [smilie=The_Hi] My daffodils and grape hyacinth's are blooming, too. The magnolia's and forsythia's are blooming already, too. It's so early, it's kinda freakin me out.... [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc

JC - I luv your floral filled canoe! :wub: I like to see an unexpected item in someone's garden - what a wonderful, whimsical idea! [smilie=th_cc8]

I'm melting DT's Vanilla Sunrise. Not sure about it. I like the vanilla and orange in it, must be the grenadine I'm not sure about. What's grenadine smell like? [smilie=th_scratch] Smells a little floral-y to me.

Melting a new one from Scentsy, Lemon Coconut Chiffon. I can smell everything equally and it's delicious!

Oh dear...no Vanilla Sunrise for you, Sweet? :o I just love that one! You got me wondering about grenadine so I looked it up:

The name "grenadine" comes from the French word

grenade which means pomegranate, with "Pomme" meaning apple

and "granate" derived from the Italian word for seeds.

Grenadine was originally prepared from pomegranate juice

or cherry juice and sugar. However, "grenadine" is also

a common name applied to syrups and beverages consisting

of other fruit juices (e.g. raspberry, redcurrant, blackberry)

and sugar syrup. The characteristic flavor can be obtained

from a mixture of blackcurrant juice and other fruit juices

with the blackcurrant flavor dominating.

Very interesting....I never knew that! :)

Michele~ It sure was beautiful today...Welcome Back!

Tonight it's:

Buttery Lemon Poppy from Mason Jar Primitives

Lemon Lava Cake from Candledippers...thanks CF pal! :thwetkissf:

Recent melts:

CBV - Cajun Cornbread

Bella's - Baton Rouge

Melissa's - Apples & Oak

FP - Crescent Rolls

LOL - Pink Sugared Coconuts

Can-Do - Coconut Milk & Lavender

Tara's - Toasted Pastry Delight

OMG - Orange Brulee

LSC - Bamboo Sugar Cane

Currently melting:

LSC - Lemonilla

Burning:

Slatkin - Cotton Candy

H&D - Lemon Bars

JC - I agree, what a wonderful planter!

I hope your weather has calmed down by now Trep!

Sweet - [smilie=th_laughing]

Tonight I am melting Zion Mountain by Dream Tarts. This one has that odd undersmell I find sometimes...I have not smelled in the rest of my order, fingers crossed on the rest.