The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

The Scents Come Marching In

Thanks, Nancy! I'm there now watching reviews on more than just Care Package. DH is beside me giggling at me. I see an order in my near future. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

NMHoneybear--don't you just love Heather's reviews? She does a new one every Friday and you can enter to win the four fragrances she reviews each week if you are on Facebook, Youtube, etc. I am not on those so I don't enter but if you are you could be a winner. The only thing I disagreed with Heather on was that on the Care Package I don't get a caramel smell at all which is good as I don't like much caramel. I had actually ordered this fragrance and the next day her review came out and I was worried that when I got the cubes I wouldn't like them, but I love them. Hope you like everything you get.

NMHoneybear--don't you just love Heather's reviews? She does a new one every Friday and you can enter to win the four fragrances she reviews each week if you are on Facebook, Youtube, etc. I am not on those so I don't enter but if you are you could be a winner. The only thing I disagreed with Heather on was that on the Care Package I don't get a caramel smell at all which is good as I don't like much caramel. I had actually ordered this fragrance and the next day her review came out and I was worried that when I got the cubes I wouldn't like them, but I love them. Hope you like everything you get.

Haha! I was actually just trying to do that. I thought I posted a review, but then I didn't see it. Got frustrated and gave up reminding myself that it doesn't matter if I win anyway. I need more tarts like I need a hole in my head. [smilie=th_laughing]

That doesn't mean I'm still not going to order. [smilie=th_giggle]

Editing to ask you what other scents I absolutely cannot life without. Thanks! ;)

Sweet--when you try the Care Package let me know what you think. I absolutely love it--Nancy

I sure will Nancy! My order came a little while ago and the cold sniff is divine! [smilie=cloud_9] I should have ordered two. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Honeybear - R U a bakery gal? I can only go by the cold sniffs, but the Pomander, Stars & Stripes, Lemon Chiffon, Ginger Pumpkin, Cinnamon Bun and Banana Nut Bread smell realllly good! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] I'll wait until I melt the Vanilla Pomegranate Tea and Mulled Apple Cider to decide if they're for me - not sure w/just the cold sniff on those. I don't C the Banana Nut Bread on their site today - maybe it's sold out....? [smilie=th_scratch]

I'm melting DT's Ultimate Apple Pie. Don't know if it's THE best apple pie scent I've tried (as the name implies ;) ), but it's very good!

Guest jesuschick

I just changed out mine. I am now warming:

2. Haley's HS Apple lavender in the guest bath. This is an AMAZING scent. She gifted it to me in my order since she knew I liked laundry scents. Again. Another I would not ave ordered from the name. It smells like laundry/fabric softener.
  3. Shayz Cinnamon Zucchini Craze. Finally. A Shayz scent with some throw for me!
  4. LOL Apple Pumpkin Pie. Good. I could perhaps have used the whole tart.

Guest jesuschick

I sure will Nancy! My order came a little while ago and the cold sniff is divine! [smilie=cloud_9] I should have ordered two. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Honeybear - R U a bakery gal? I can only go by the cold sniffs, but the Pomander, Stars & Stripes, Lemon Chiffon, Ginger Pumpkin, Cinnamon Bun and Banana Nut Bread smell realllly good! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] I'll wait until I melt the Vanilla Pomegranate Tea and Mulled Apple Cider to decide if they're for me - not sure w/just the cold sniff on those. I don't C the Banana Nut Bread on their site today - maybe it's sold out....? [smilie=th_scratch]

I cannot seem to find what maker you are referring. Please share!

I cannot seem to find what maker you are referring. Please share!

Here it is, JC: http://scentsationals.com/

Sweet&spiceygrl ~ I am MOST definitely a bakery gal, for sniffing and eating. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] In fact, getting ready to make a yummy classic cheesecake for DD's birthday celebration tomorrow night. (Had to postpone party from Tuesday til Daddy was home.) I will check out all those that you mentioned. [smilie=thank_you]

Mpfand - your new avatar is so cute! I had no idea Snoopy was Irish... [smilie=th_biqazm1]

I'm ending the day with Nene's Vanilla Sugar Wafer and an Irish blessing for you....."May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours. That stay with you all the year long."

Have a good evening all! [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

Mpfand - your new avatar is so cute! I had no idea Snoopy was Irish... [smilie=th_biqazm1]

I'm ending the day with Nene's Vanilla Sugar Wafer and an Irish blessing for you....."May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours. That stay with you all the year long."

That was sweet, Sweet.

I put on Vanilla Pound Cake drizzle melt from Swan Creek and th_OMG.gifIt's so good! th_Drglar.gif

Well, he is. [smilie=th_tease-1] I love the Irish blessing.

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY ! ! !

It seems weird to me, having it on a weekend, for whatever reason.

I hope everyone is enjoying the day.

My veggie garden is humming along. . . I got some of my bean plants in, and checked on my potatoes that are sprouting, a few didn't make it, so I am preparing some more "eyes" for replant. Hope to get my zucchini in tomorrow and maybe prepare the cucumber trellis and scout out some tomato plants.

Other events of the day:

DD#1 made it safe and sound to Baltimore, with only one snafu of her luggage ending up on a later-arriving flight, but they were reunited, so it's all good.

DD#2 had an early morning soccer game, it was foggy! But really nice out. Unfortunately they took a beating, like 14 - 2. ouch!

Today's melts were Alien Type by Candle Dippers - I don't know why, but I simply cannot smell this one! I have tried it from another vendor and couldn't smell that one either. weird

Bombshell by CandleDippers

and I just changed out the Alien for My Dear Watson by Scentsy (from a RAOW'r friend - thank you) - I LOVE this one!

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

eringobragh.gif

I hope you are taking it easy on the green beer? [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Thanks for the info, Trep...it has been awhile since I looked at their site, now I have an excues to go back and order check it out.

Today I have been melting Dream Tarts: Earth Mother

Christy ~ So sorry to hear you used up the last of your Strawberry Anarchy. [smilie=th_empathy] Wish I could find a dupe for that scent. I'd sure make you up some tarts to try!

Aww, thanks Honeybear!

As a consolation for this great loss, I am melting another fantastic scent, Nene's Lemon Fairy Cake. Lemon bakery, I wish I knew how to quit you.

[smilie=Pattys_day]

[smilie=Pattys_day] Just got back in from my St. Patty's Day celebration...lots of cooking and baking and I am POOPED. [smilie=th_smiley-yawn] Hope you all had a nice day!

Sweet, that blessing is lovely...thanks! :)

Count me in on the Scentsational bandwagon...Love them! There are so many I want to try...the list is endless! I just discovered the reviews a couple of days ago and they are great...it helps with those odd discriptions!

Melting Apple Patchouli from Ava's last night and all day long...it's light but drifts all over. It's very unique to me...not the usual patch scent...Has anyone tried this one?

Good night.

Haha! I was actually just trying to do that. I thought I posted a review, but then I didn't see it. Got frustrated and gave up reminding myself that it doesn't matter if I win anyway. I need more tarts like I need a hole in my head. [smilie=th_laughing]

That doesn't mean I'm still not going to order. [smilie=th_giggle]

Editing to ask you what other scents I absolutely cannot life without. Thanks! ;)

I love the Lemon Chiffon, Banana Nut Bread, Vineyard Harvest, Sparkling Citrus, Fruit Basket, Sugar Cookie, Caribbean Sunset, and Island Sun especially well but actually except for a few I really love everything I've tried.

Starting my Sunday with Scentsationals Caribbean Sunset. Have a great day everyone. They are saying starting tomorrow we could get 8 inches of rain which would NOT be good. Two or three would be perfect so I am hoping they are overdoing their forecast.

Good Morning! I just can't get used to it being dark this *late*. LOL

Planning my trip to Walmonster for my Sunday papers and a few things (I think the Scentsational isle may be calling my name)

Changed the melters while waiting for daylight:

Moved My Dear Watson to my room (I think I may have messed this one up melting it in my higher temp melter- it was great but didn't last long and now I remember Scentsy melters are lower temp - oops) to see if I can revive it.

Fresh Cut Grass by Candle Dippers in kids bathrooms

Lemongrass Verbena by BH&G in my bathroom

Midnight Romance by Almost Country (from a CF friend - thanks, pal!!) in the hall and living room

Snow Angels (from another CF friend - thank you, too!) in the kitchen

Hoping to get my garden work done and starting on a sewing project for the local Greyhound group. They are having an event that's themed in Mardi Gras, and I'm sewing 100 "moonpie" stuffie toys for dogs.

Have a great day!!

HaveAGreatDayMonkeyFlowers.gif

Good Morning th_oregonian_mornincoffee.gif

trep - Wow! Fingers crossed you don't get all the rain predicted.

Laurie - That is so great! I had neighbors that had a greyhound, she was such a sweetheart of a dog. I bet those moonpies will be a hit :)

I am melting Sticky Bread from LSC th_slider_flirt.gif I am trying to finish my coffee before the little guy gets up.

Laurie, I know it will be off topic, but I would love to see photos of the Moonpie toys you make for the Greyhounds . This sounds like such a wonderful thing to do for the Rescue and you are so generous to give your time and no doubt, funds, for the sewing project.

By the way...hope your dental assistant doesn't let you down again.

All of this talk about Scentsationals and I have never tried them ! I do get the BH&G clamshells at Wally's. In fact, I am majorly in love with their Soft Cashmere Amber. It's a gorgeous scent....not too strong, but strong enough to scent the house. I actually think I can use this over the summer, which I have never said before about a scent with amber in it, which can be a heavy aroma. I am going to stock up on this scent because I am afraid it is one of the seasonal scents or will be discontinued. How many clamshells is too much, do you think ?

Guest jesuschick

Going to get ready for church. Have my warmers cleaned and ready to melt when I return.

Planned:

LOL Vanilla Frosted Grahams

Crosscreek Pumpkin Gingerbread

Haley's Cotton Blossom

But now after reading another thread think I should hold off on the Crosscreek since they just arrived yesterday and let them cure.

Or, could I get a better sense of the scent if they were uncured but I used a whole tart?

I have looked at the which wax is which but either some of mine are not there or I got confused.

It's not like I do not have plenty of other choices-although most of what I have is new!!

p.s. Hope, Ruby and Eden are now curious about Moon Pie stuffies!!

Laurie, I know it will be off topic, but I would love to see photos of the Moonpie toys you make for the Greyhounds . This sounds like such a wonderful thing to do for the Rescue and you are so generous to give your time and no doubt, funds, for the sewing project.

By the way...hope your dental assistant doesn't let you down again.

All of this talk about Scentsationals and I have never tried them ! I do get the BH&G clamshells at Wally's. In fact, I am majorly in love with their Soft Cashmere Amber. It's a gorgeous scent....not too strong, but strong enough to scent the house. I actually think I can use this over the summer, which I have never said before about a scent with amber in it, which can be a heavy aroma. I am going to stock up on this scent because I am afraid it is one of the seasonal scents or will be discontinued. How many clamshells is too much, do you think ?

I figure you know this, Boogie, but in case anyone doesn't-BH&G ARE Scentsationals--they make them under the BH&G name exclusively for Wal Mart.

Going to get ready for church. Have my warmers cleaned and ready to melt when I return.

Planned:

LOL Vanilla Frosted Grahams

Crosscreek Pumpkin Gingerbread

Haley's Cotton Blossom

But now after reading another thread think I should hold off on the Crosscreek since they just arrived yesterday and let them cure.

Or, could I get a better sense of the scent if they were uncured but I used a whole tart?

I have looked at the which wax is which but either some of mine are not there or I got confused.

It's not like I do not have plenty of other choices-although most of what I have is new!!

p.s. Hope, Ruby and Eden are now curious about Moon Pie stuffies!!

Crosscreek tarts are made from paraffin wax and do not need to cure.

Guest jesuschick

I figure you know this, Boogie, but in case anyone doesn't-BH&G ARE Scentsationals--they make them under the BH&G name exclusively for Wal Mart.

One WM I went to had a HUGE endcap of just the clams and they had BOTH brands.

I did not buy any since I had just ordered a bunch from indie makers.