The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Heat Wave of Wax

It's after midnight here, so Happy August, everyone! :thwetkissf:

Tonite's melts:

County Line Hay Ride in the living room

Soy Breeze Honey Nectar in the bathroom

AMS Blarney Stoned in the bedroom

Have a great Monday, all :confettistars:

Good Morning, Starting the day out with Kim's Fruit Loops, not getting anything yet. I can't believe that summer vacation is almost over for the kiddies.

Happy August!!

I can't believe it is August already. It means we are winding the summer down and my DD goes back to college in 3 weeks. This makes me sad. Her friends had such a wonderful weekend here. We were sad to see them go.

It looks liks another beautiful day here. This morning I am melting an old one-CCCC Pink Frooty Cake. It looked a bit faded so I don't know how strong the scent will be. I am burning a Simply Living Vanilla Cake candle. So far everything is smelling great.

Katz-Sorry you are feeling blue. Hope you feel better. I can't even imagine.

Enjoy the day everyone!!

[smilie=th_326db8b3]

GOOOOOOD MORNING CANDLEFIND! ! !

(still floating on air here)

Catching up on the melt report:

Summer Showers (CBV - a combo of Rain & Sunflowers) in my living room. Yesterday we gave dogs a bath so it smelled like wet doggie in here, and this little tart tamed it nicely. It's still going strong this morning, and I forgot and left it on all night! wow!

Rosemary Mint (Nene's) is in my room, very soothing

Mountain Lake (YC) in the family room, not uber strong, but quite nice

last of my clam Squeaky Clean (Crabby Candle) in the kids' bathroom, I think that one definately got stronger after holding it awhile, I remember not being bowled over on first melt, but it's good and strong now

Butt Naked (adorable patriotic star sample from Tara's) in my bathroom (how appropriate a name for the bathroom melt is that?! lol) - its' really nice, I like it a lot!

That replaced Ivory Soap (Missy's Tempting) that started the weekend melting in there.

Mike & Ike's Hot Tamale (Cozy Cottage) still goin' strong in my DS room (I turn it on before he gets up and then turn it off when he does get up, and his room stays scented a long time - he loves it!)

And now I'm caught up!

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

I need to make a shout-out to ARIA or anyone else who can answer this - can you give me a report on Coyer Candles Great Lakes Beaches? I'm thinking of picking this one for my candle from there and your name came up when searching the forums. Did you like it and what did it smell like? (I grew up on the Great Lakes beaches so it sounds very attractive to me!)

thanks and have a great day, everyone!

[smilie=th_806e4b7f]

[edit] Oh Maggie! ! ! yoo hoo - my game playing buddy - I dug a little deeper on the forum and saw you got an air freshner of GLB too - can you tell me how you liked it? purdy please ol buddy ol pal o mine! lol

I hope this finds you feeling better today, Maggie.

And to all who are thinking of lost loved ones:

[smilie=th_huganimal]

hugs for you. They're never far away, as you hold them in your hearts

This morning's meltings: ScentSationals Pumpkin Harvest in the livingroom and kitchen, Scentsy Vanilla Cream in the bathroom.

I'm hoping my CFTKR order gets here today so I can try some new stuff out. Not that I don't love my other scents - but, you know how it goes. :tongue:

Congrats on the thread title Laurie!!! :)

Today it's Carol...

Velvet Brown Sugar Nut

Cinnamon Strudel

Coffee Cake & Spice...smells heavenly.

Good Morning and Happy August!

Starting out this morning melting CFTKR Sea Island Grapefruit and burning a K's Kreations candle in Pink Sugar...this is [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Have a great day everyone!

Happy 1st day of August everyone! [smilie=th_316785e4] Wow summer vacation is almost over and I have no idea where the kids are going to go for school. Better get on that(need to apply and get a job though in the city they would be going to). Please pray that I can find one and will still be able to participate with the kiddos activities at school. That is my biggest fear. But there is a YC in the city with the school I am looking.Wonder if that would be too dangerous though. [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Overnight melt was scentsy oats & honey in the kids room.

Burning YC country lemonade

Burning LOL Bikini babe jar [smilie=th_00000020]

Melting CCC pink devotion

Mixed feelings about August. Positive because my son turns 16 on the 9th and he is a wonderful kid. Negative because its HOT and every time August hits, seems like the rest of summer "fly's by"........really FAST.

Burning CBV's combo of Lei Flower's & Butterfly Kisses candle and YC Orange Dreamsicle.

Have a great day everyone. Stay cool! :smileysnowangel:Soon :)

Congrats on the thread title, Laurie! "Congrats" and "Laurie" go nicely together a lot these days. :D

Maggie, hope you're feeling better today.

Mpfand, sounds like you and your family are having a blast in So Cal!

Katz, I sympathize with your feelings. I was just saying to DH a few days ago that the longer my mom is gone, the more I miss her. Like Sweet and Maggie, my mom's been gone for six years. Hugs to you, friend... [smilie=th_empathy]

Sweet and Debra, [smilie=thank_you] re my avatar. Yup, I took the photo on a hike. Debra, you sound like you know your birds! I love 'em! This one's a Red Shouldered Hawk. They come in a lot of different subspecies, depending on the location. Here in California they're vibrantly copper colored. They belong to the Buteo family, which are usually birds of open spaces and they feed on ground animals, as opposed to the Accipiter family (falcons, etc.), which are birds that usually live in wooded areas and they catch birds on the wing. Here's a closer look at the California subspecies of Red Shouldered Hawk for those who might be interested. Oh my, TMI? Sorry! :huh:

I'm melting LSC Bedazzled. It always really impresses me and is a big fave! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Happy August to all! [smilie=th_c55]

Gail

Thanks Gail...still the same...can't get into the doctor till tomorrow morning...they're squeezing me in at 8 am... -_-

Laurie~ I still have the car freshener here...unfortunately, I am terrible at describing scents...so I asked the twins...everyone agreed that it is more of a kinda sweet floral scent. I like it but it smells a bit perfumey, which is not my thing. As far as ozone...not sure since I have never ordered that type of scent. I am sorry I could not be helpful at all...I am smell illiterate. :(

Maurie...this might be a stupid idea...but sometimes when I don't put a "space" between the emoticon and the next word..it won't show up...maybe? :)

Hi everyone. Hugs to all those missing loved ones these days.

I'm melting SH Lemon Cream Donut, but it is competing with some garlic chicken in the crock pot. The tart smells great when I walk past the melter.

Good afternoon candle buddies... Vacation.gif

Can't believe it is August already. This summer is flying by...loving the hot weather. In the winter, I love the cold air and snow too!

Melting just one little tart right now, but it's a good one! It's Carol's Creme Brulee Party Cake...a sample that I would like to order more of!!! Carol did it again! She always gets me with those samples!!!

Laurie, hey there girl...regarding Coyer's Great Lakes Beaches scent...I have it in a nice cube jar...really pretty with the swirls and such. I would describe the scent as unique; a mix of wildflowers and fresh air. I don't get any fresh water notes nor any ozone. It is a nice scent, but it is a little on the floral side...not gag me floral, but sweet floral. Not a suntan lotion scent either. I like it and have the candle sitting out and can get a whiff of it as I pass by even when it is not lit! It's a nice, summery scent. Throw on the 2 wick is moderate. Where did you grow up near? I am a Michigan girl. Hope this helps ya.

Okay, the boys are outside shooting bb guns....gotta go make sure they are not getting crazy. We have targets set up, but sometimes they get the brilliant idea to shoot at something else!! Yikes. [smilie=th_roll]

Hey Maggie................the space worked. [smilie=th_smiley_beer] Who would have thunk it? Obviously NOT me...LOL

Burning CBV Cajun Cornbread now and its so yummy. I get mostly cornbread from it with the fruit coming in after. Exactly what I wanted. Sometimes with fruity/bakery the fruit takes over. Also enjoying CFTKR Cotton Candy and this one is so sticky sweet without being TOO strong and overpowering. A subtle sticky sweet.

My CFTKR order came in!! I'm now melting Brown Sugar Zucchini Bread. I had a very hard time trying to decide what I wanted to melt first. :)

This one's a Red Shouldered Hawk. They come in a lot of different subspecies, depending on the location. Here in California they're vibrantly copper colored.

Puppy - He's (she's?) a beauty! Looks mighty powerful. Sure wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of that sharp beak. :blink: Hey...you're getting purdy good at this picture takin thing! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

My CFTKR order came in!! I'm now melting Brown Sugar Zucchini Bread. I had a very hard time trying to decide what I wanted to melt first. :)

Lovescent - that's such a fun hard decision to make, tho, isn't it? [smilie=th_c61]

I'm melting FP's Double Bubble Gum. I keep forgetting I put it on and sniff the air and think 'what IS that I smell?' Yep - smells just like bubblegum! [smilie=yes]

Lovescent - that's such a fun hard decision to make, tho, isn't it? [smilie=th_c61]

Oh, yes! And I think I made a good first choice. Although, from the whiffs I could get of everything else, I don't think I could have gone wrong whichever one I tried first. ^_^

thanks to y'all for your nice thoughts..unfortunately my mood doesn't seem to be much better today. I am melting Cowboy from County Line Candles.Leathery and rugged...smellin' good...have a great evening friends..tomorrow will be a better day for sure

Bunch of singles today...

Lemon Cookie from FP...yum!

Lemon Biscotti freebie in a Pooh-Bear head from Shady Mountain...I am really loving this company...great combo scents, clean packaging & strong tarts! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

French Vanilla from Dream Tarts...excellent!

Have a nice night. :)